ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

The Boss

Absences

Post by The Boss » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Got the ILR - 11/2012
Eligible for Citizenship - 10/2013

During the period when free from immigration time restrictions(from 11/2012)...Is there restriction that no of day that I should not stay outside UK, before applying for citizenship.

I have been outside UK for about 55 days, in the last 12 months period(i.e between 11/2012 to 10/2013). Is this absence, will impact my citizenship application?

Please advise...

VR

No

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:18 pm

It is well within the limit for the last year you have been out less than 90 days so fine so long as you have met all the other requirements.
cheers
vr

The Boss

Post by The Boss » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:35 pm

My understanding is, 90 days rule is for the residential qualifying period i.e. the five year period before ILR. Is that correct?

Residential requirements
To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:

been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

VR

Nope

Post by VR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Check Page8 of Booklet AN in this link (the second one )

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf