ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:32 pm

thanks mate for your reply, does it mean that i have to bi in the class room to attend the course and take the exam after??[/quote]

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 pm

chongkie wrote:thanks mate for your reply, does it mean that i have to bi in the class room to attend the course and take the exam after??
[/quote]

No classes needed if your level is high enough, the only requirement is the test as far as i know

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am

many thanks mate...

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:22 am

Hi. I asked my local MP office to contact HO a moth ago or so. We received their response that the case has been allocated to a case working unit but that decision hasn't been made yet. They also stated they received our applications on 10 July, which is incorrect (we received acknowledgement letter dated 19 June) and that, in order to be fair to all applicants(!!!) they are dealing with applications in turn! So I asked MP to go back to them and clarify the date mistake. Yet another one as they addressed me incorrectly on the acknowledgement letter thus triggering my request to MP's office to ask for explanation in the first place. They just can't get just a few facts right!! Not very encouraging. Will keep you posted. I'm also tempted to send them nasty email about them being fair myself as well...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 am

beebritish wrote:Hi. I asked my local MP office to contact HO a moth ago or so. We received their response that the case has been allocated to a case working unit but that decision hasn't been made yet. They also stated they received our applications on 10 July, which is incorrect (we received acknowledgement letter dated 19 June) and that, in order to be fair to all applicants(!!!) they are dealing with applications in turn! So I asked MP to go back to them and clarify the date mistake. Yet another one as they addressed me incorrectly on the acknowledgement letter thus triggering my request to MP's office to ask for explanation in the first place. They just can't get just a few facts right!! Not very encouraging. Will keep you posted. I'm also tempted to send them nasty email about them being fair myself as well...
so you contacted your MP less than 2 months after submission? didn't the MP tell you to wait 6 months? they just went ahead and contacted the HO?

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I am a Bulgarian national and have been granted an ILR in May 2006.
Have a few question re my Naturalisation form application:

1. Do I need a Letter from my employer?

2. Do I need to provide the P60s for the last 5 years with the Application?

3. I have only renewed my Bulgarian passport in May 2013 and do not keep copies of the old passport, but in the guidance it is said that I have to provide all my passports for the last 5 years. However, I have a Bulgarian ID card which was valid for the last 5 years. Is it good enough?

Thanks
M

VR

answers to your queries

Post by VR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 pm

1.No you dont need letter from your employer.
2. P60's if you have them or provide the latest one to prove that you have paid your dues to the HMRC. Obviously if you were not employed during anytime in the last 5 years you cannot provide all of it.

3.If you apply through NCS they will take copies of all your documents and return the originals to you any ways.
cheers
vr

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Vr, thank you for your prompt reply!

The other issue I have is that all my 3 names were spelled differently years ago (using the French spelling) and nowadays the Bulgarian authorities use the English spelling.
I am planning to provide the NCS with my Birth Certificate and Letter from HO re the ILR with the old spelling and obviously my recent passport and ID card with the new spelling of the names.
Is that sufficient (plus an explanation on page 13 of the application form)?

VR

Will do

Post by VR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Provide all the documents and put up proper explanation on page 13. You are not manufacturing anything. It is what it is.
good luck
vr

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:26 pm

[/quote]so you contacted your MP less than 2 months after submission? didn't the MP tell you to wait 6 months? they just went ahead and contacted the HO?[/quote]

Correct. Not only they contacted them, but they've requested clarification (on my request again) regarding wrong application submission date which HO customer service provided in their initial response. They never mentioned 6 month deadline.

SET0
Newly Registered

Post by SET0 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently received my Indefinitive Leave to Remain (settlement), and the issue date on BRP ILR card is 2-8-2013 however, I have waited for 9 months.

Now I m preparing for British Citizenship application, im just wondering, can I apply 12 months after the issue date, i.e. 2-8-2014 or can I include those 9 waiting months as well that means I can apply soon.

Many thanks for you help in advance.

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi SET0
I am afraid you can apply 12 months after the date you were granted the ILR.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm

beebritish wrote:
so you contacted your MP less than 2 months after submission? didn't the MP tell you to wait 6 months? they just went ahead and contacted the HO?[/quote]

Correct. Not only they contacted them, but they've requested clarification (on my request again) regarding wrong application submission date which HO customer service provided in their initial response. They never mentioned 6 month deadline.[/quote]

It sounds like you have a good MP; I think they usually say to wait for 6 months as that's the HO's deadline for 95% of applications.

Let us know how it all ends up.

Good luck :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:06 pm

beebritish wrote:
so you contacted your MP less than 2 months after submission? didn't the MP tell you to wait 6 months? they just went ahead and contacted the HO?[/quote]

Correct. Not only they contacted them, but they've requested clarification (on my request again) regarding wrong application submission date which HO customer service provided in their initial response. They never mentioned 6 month deadline.[/quote]

It sounds like you have a good MP; I think they usually say to wait for 6 months as that's the HO's deadline for 95% of applications.

Let us know how it all ends up.

Good luck :)

jony_dhaka

People with ILR can not apply for British citizenship after

Post by jony_dhaka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi all , I have recently got my ILR . I was hoping to apply for British citizenship after 1 year but one of my friend said that there is rumor that this rule will be no longer apply . People with ILR can not apply for British citizenship after one year . The new rule is coming next month . Do you guys know anything about it ??
Thank you

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: People with ILR can not apply for British citizenship af

Post by akhurshid » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Hi all , I have recently got my ILR . I was hoping to apply for British citizenship after 1 year but one of my friend said that there is rumor that this rule will be no longer apply . People with ILR can not apply for British citizenship after one year . The new rule is coming next month . Do you guys know anything about it ??
Thank you
To my knowledge, only change being made next month is the language and knowledge of life in UK. There is no mention of any other changes. Usually changes are proposed, mentioned on UKBA website and then passed by law makers. Changes like that don't just happen.

It will be interesting to see if anybody else know anything.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am

Thanx akhurshid.

I have 2 question .

1> '' have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification.'' ??

I need this when i will apply for British citizenship next year . I don't mind giving IELTS .

B1= IELTS SCORE 5 / 6 ??

2> CAN I USE APPLY SAME DAY SERVICE FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION ?? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST IF I CAN ?

Thank you .

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:46 am

jony_dhaka wrote:Thanx akhurshid.

I have 2 question .

1> '' have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification.'' ??

I need this when i will apply for British citizenship next year . I don't mind giving IELTS .

B1= IELTS SCORE 5 / 6 ??

2> CAN I USE APPLY SAME DAY SERVICE FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION ?? HOW MUCH WILL IT COST IF I CAN ?

Thank you .
1. I believe you need band score of 4 or above in all 4 modules if you are going for IELTS. If you have done that in the past and already used it for your application then wait until 28th of OCT as you might not have to do it again.

2. As for now, there is no premium service for citizenship applications. I don't know if it will be the case in future but for now you can only apply through Post or via NCS.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 am

Thankx akhurshid,

I do have IELTS score over 5 . Gave exam 21/08/2010 But as you might know its only valid for 2 years .
:roll:
akhurshid wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:Thanx akhurshid.

I have 2 question .

B1= IELTS SCORE 5 / 6 ??

Thank you .
1. I believe you need band score of 4 or above in all 4 modules if you are going for IELTS. If you have done that in the past and already used it for your application then wait until 28th of OCT as you might not have to do it again.

2. As for now, there is no premium service for citizenship applications. I don't know if it will be the case in future but for now you can only apply through Post or via NCS.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:48 am

jony_dhaka wrote:Thankx akhurshid,

I do have IELTS score over 5 . Gave exam 21/08/2010 But as you might know its only valid for 2 years .
:roll:
If you had submitted that to UKBA in the past, you may be able to use it even though it has expired. I have read it in guide lines that if you have proved English requirements in past, you won't be asked to prove it again.
Wait until the new rules have been enforced as then it would be clear if you have to do it again or not.

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Guys
Please can someone advise me whether my photo on the Naturalisation Application form has to be certified on the back as a 'True Likeness with the Original' by one of the referees or no need for that.
Thanks

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:25 am

Monika_33 wrote:Hi Guys
Please can someone advise me whether my photo on the Naturalisation Application form has to be certified on the back as a 'True Likeness with the Original' by one of the referees or no need for that.
Thanks
different NCS people will tell you different things, when I submitted it; I had it clipped to the sheet and the NCS agent stapled it; so I'd do that.

sikiliza69

General

Post by sikiliza69 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:47 pm

The first week of August 2013 seems to be a jackpot for the applications made it seems.

Good luck to everyone, May the patience bring us good tidings.

jonkil
Newly Registered

Post by jonkil » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked numerous times before, I couldn't find it - I am needing to know what the window for the naturalisation application is? Can I send my application a month or 28 days before my ILR anniversary or is it on the anniversary date?

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 pm

jonkil wrote:Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked numerous times before, I couldn't find it - I am needing to know what the window for the naturalisation application is? Can I send my application a month or 28 days before my ILR anniversary or is it on the anniversary date?
You Need To Complete A Full Year, It Also Depends On What Basis You Are Applying For Naturalization.