ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from PSW to Tier2(General) sponsored Job title issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PriyamMaheshwari
Newly Registered

Switch from PSW to Tier2(General) sponsored Job title issue

Post by PriyamMaheshwari » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi,

I am working in UK on Post study work visa and my visa will expire on 3rd January 2013

My company for which I have worked for 2 years, has agreed to sponsor my tier 2 visa. I will be applying for my visa from inside UK using the priority application service.On the certificate generated by my company it says :
Job Title : Graduate Software Engineer
Job Type: 2136 Programmers and software development professionals
Salary: 28000 per year
Now I have following questions:

1. I have heard that you cannot apply with a job title of "Graduate" if you have worked with the company for more than 6 months
2. And also that the salary needs to be more than 29800£ per year
3. I have read about a lot of incidents on a lot of immigration forums where applicants complain that their company messed up with job title and salary on the certificate of sponsorship. Can someone here please check and tell me that the above extract from my certificate looks right?

Thanks!

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Well I am not sure about the term called "Graduate" on COS but if you are on PSW visa you will be considered as New enterant irrespective of Age so £28k Should be more than enough for your role as you are switching from PSW.
Dont worry you will get your visa soon
all the best

Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 am

The information given in the CoS is OK, you will be a "new entrant" and as such the min. salary needed for SOC code 2136 is £24k for a 39 hour week.

PriyamMaheshwari
Newly Registered

Post by PriyamMaheshwari » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for the replies

But I am really worried about the job title bit. My employer has refused to change the job title because they say that the certificate of sponsorship has already been generated and paid for with that job title. And calling UKBA did not help either , they say we cannot advise u on this.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switch from PSW to Tier2(General) sponsored Job title is

Post by manci » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:28 pm

PriyamMaheshwari wrote:I have heard that you cannot apply with a job title of "Graduate" if you have worked with the company for more than 6 months
instead of relying on hearsay look at the immigration rules - there is nothing there to support what you have been told.

PriyamMaheshwari
Newly Registered

Re: Switch from PSW to Tier2(General) sponsored Job title is

Post by PriyamMaheshwari » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I checked it here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

In that document it clearly says:
Graduate Developer/
Analyst Programmer:
This job function is used to classify all programmers and
developers who essentially have less than six months commercial
experience of programming. This includes new graduates in IT or
related technology degrees.

I just want to know if someone has been in a similar situation, and if they faced any problem when they applied as a graduate
manci wrote:
PriyamMaheshwari wrote:I have heard that you cannot apply with a job title of "Graduate" if you have worked with the company for more than 6 months
instead of relying on hearsay look at the immigration rules - there is nothing there to support what you have been told.
[/url]

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:31 am

what you quoted from is a 2007 caseworker guidance for business and commercial work permit cases and does not apply to you.