ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonkil
Newly Registered

Post by jonkil » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
jonkil wrote:Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked numerous times before, I couldn't find it - I am needing to know what the window for the naturalisation application is? Can I send my application a month or 28 days before my ILR anniversary or is it on the anniversary date?
You Need To Complete A Full Year, It Also Depends On What Basis You Are Applying For Naturalization.
Thanks, I am applying for 4 years stay on Tier 1 (Highly skilled) + 1 year on ILR ?

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 pm

jonkil wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
jonkil wrote:Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked numerous times before, I couldn't find it - I am needing to know what the window for the naturalisation application is? Can I send my application a month or 28 days before my ILR anniversary or is it on the anniversary date?
You Need To Complete A Full Year, It Also Depends On What Basis You Are Applying For Naturalization.
Thanks, I am applying for 4 years stay on Tier 1 (Highly skilled) + 1 year on ILR ?
I Think It Should Be Fine But I Would Say Instead Of Taking A Gamble On That You Wait And Complete A Full Year.

Karnavati

Hi

Post by Karnavati » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:10 am

Friends,

Anyone willing to give your views on the service provided by HO ?

Here is where you can give it in writing - https://feedback.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk ... tactCentre

Hope your say gets heard and something positive comes out.

All the best to all.

akbar1
Newly Registered

Post by akbar1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi all I am new to the forum and need your advice?
I was granted ILR on November 2010 and I want to know if I can apply for Citizenship now.
This is because, although my ILR was granted on November 2010, but I have been physically present in England since February 2004 from the age of 14. My ILR was granted under the Abandoned Children Concession and the European Convention of Human Rights. So, if my physical presence is counted it would mean that I have been a resident for 9 years now. I would also like to point out that my ILR application was made in May 2006 and the ILR was granted in November 2010 (4 years and 6 months) later, so will this time period be counted again?
Can I apply now?

liane25

Returned of documents

Post by liane25 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi, my husband application has been submitted last week and UKBA got it on 02/09/13. And after 2 days 04/09/13 the fee has been taken got the acknowledgement receipt of application today.
My question is, would it be ok to have the documents returned while the application is in progress? Is there anyone who can share their experience regarding this. I hope you can enlighten me with this

ikk1980

Re: Returned of documents

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:08 pm

liane25 wrote:Hi, my husband application has been submitted last week and UKBA got it on 02/09/13. And after 2 days 04/09/13 the fee has been taken got the acknowledgement receipt of application today.
My question is, would it be ok to have the documents returned while the application is in progress? Is there anyone who can share their experience regarding this. I hope you can enlighten me with this
Hi Liane25,

According to my knowledge you might have to wait a few months before you ask for you documents back or probably after the file is handed over to the case worker. As at the moment it is too early to ask for the documents back.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:25 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
liane25 wrote:Hi, my husband application has been submitted last week and UKBA got it on 02/09/13. And after 2 days 04/09/13 the fee has been taken got the acknowledgement receipt of application today.
Hi Liane25,

According to my knowledge you might have to wait a few months before you ask for you documents back or probably after the file is handed over to the case worker. As at the moment it is too early to ask for the documents back.
Thank you very much. My husband thought that maybe he can have his passport for travel purposes and his driving licence as he submitted his licence together with the paper counterpart :?

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:25 pm

liane25 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
Hi Liane25,

Thank you very much. My husband thought that maybe he can have his passport for travel purposes and his driving licence as he submitted his licence together with the paper counterpart :?
Thats why its always better to apply via NCS if you dont want to send the orignal back as it could take for ever to get the orignals back from HO...

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:00 am

ikk1980 wrote:
liane25 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:
Thats why its always better to apply via NCS if you dont want to send the orignal back as it could take for ever to get the orignals back from HO...
Hi there,

You can find more info on requesting your docs back on HO page here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
There is no reference on this page what is the minimum required time HO needs to be in a possession of your husband's passport/driving license so if he needs his passport urgently, he can use online forms and get it back within 10 working days if he's European - otherwise it will take up to 20 working days. It's a very definitive time frame, unlike the above stating it will be forever. I am not sure if this will impact on his application status though and weather it will be cancelled, one for him to check out with the HO. If he is EEA national or a family member of an EEA it will not impact his application.

Btw, my friend applied through NCS so that she can keep her passport with her and HO still requested it to be sent to them and kept it until they made the decision so I wouldn't think that NCS is that much better than applying personally. She said she wasted money on it as she paid for the service and still had to send her passport away. Also if your hubby is fortunate enough he might get his decision within 5 working days! Good luck.

akbar1
Newly Registered

Post by akbar1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I was granted ILR on November 2010 and I want to know if I can apply for Citizenship now.
This is because, although my ILR was granted on November 2010, but I have been physically present in England since February 2004 from the age of 14. My ILR was granted under the Abandoned Children Concession and the European Convention of Human Rights. So, if my physical presence is counted it would mean that I have been a resident for 9 years now. I would also like to point out that my ILR application was made in May 2006 and the ILR was granted in November 2010 (4 years and 6 months) later, so will this time period be counted again?
Can I apply now?

liane25

Post by liane25 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 pm

beebritish wrote:
Hi there,

You can find more info on requesting your docs back on HO page here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/
There is no reference on this page what is the minimum required time HO needs to be in a possession of your husband's passport/driving license so if he needs his passport urgently, he can use online forms and get it back within 10 working days if he's European - otherwise it will take up to 20 working days. It's a very definitive time frame, unlike the above stating it will be forever. I am not sure if this will impact on his application status though and weather it will be cancelled, one for him to check out with the HO. If he is EEA national or a family member of an EEA it will not impact his application.

Btw, my friend applied through NCS so that she can keep her passport with her and HO still requested it to be sent to them and kept it until they made the decision so I wouldn't think that NCS is that much better than applying personally. She said she wasted money on it as she paid for the service and still had to send her passport away. Also if your hubby is fortunate enough he might get his decision within 5 working days! Good luck.
Thank you very much for the information, it was good to know that it won't affect his application if he will request some of his documents back. I might just tell him to get his driving licence back as he can use his nationality card to travel in EU countries :D

akbar1
Newly Registered

Post by akbar1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi all I am new to the forum and need your advice?
Can I apply now?

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:15 pm

akbar1 wrote:Hi all I am new to the forum and need your advice?
Can I apply now?
Akbar1 I think it would be better for you to ask an immigration solicitor as they will advise you according to what your actual case as you have a totally different case scenario.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

akbar1 wrote:Hi all I am new to the forum and need your advice?
Can I apply now?
i think you meet the timeframe criteria; if you haven't been outside the UK more than 90 days, each year; since you have held permanent residency / ILR for longer than a year, I think you can apply, if you meet the rest of the criteria....

akbar1
Newly Registered

Post by akbar1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks, I have applied through the citizenship check in service with my local council and they told me the same. I have had the ILR since 2010, I do qualify :lol: :D :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 am

akbar1 wrote:Thanks, I have applied through the citizenship check in service with my local council and they told me the same. I have had the ILR since 2010, I do qualify :lol: :D :)
cool, good luck; let us know how you get on

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

HI All ,

I have got ILR last month and i will apply for British citizenship after one year .

My question is, if i claim Jobseekers Allowance now will there be any problem when i will apply for British citizenship ?
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:HI All ,

I have got ILR last month and i will apply for British citizenship after one year .

My question is, if a claim Jobseekers Allowance now will there be any problem when i will apply for British citizenship ?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think claiming for something benefits (if you are entitled to it) will affect your application...

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanx but i need to be 100% sure . Please do some research for me ...i am doing as well .. i am jobless at the moment
Derivaz wrote:

My question is, if a claim Jobseekers Allowance now will there be any problem when i will apply for British citizenship ?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think claiming for something benefits (if you are entitled to it) will affect your application...
:cry: :cry:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Thanx but i need to be 100% sure . Please do some research for me ...i am doing as well .. i am jobless at the moment
Derivaz wrote:

1) I haven't read anywhere in the guide or anywhere else that you can't claim something you are entitled to
2) Some people here have said that you can't be refused over that if you are entitled to it; so I think it's pretty safe.

But anyway, I wouldn't bother claiming benefits; from what I've heard it's peanuts and you wouldn't be able to afford anything on benefits; I'd concentrate on getting another job asap.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Thanx but i need to be 100% sure . Please do some research for me ...i am doing as well .. i am jobless at the moment
Derivaz wrote:

1) I haven't read anywhere in the guide or anywhere else that you can't claim something you are entitled to
2) Some people here have said that you can't be refused over that if you are entitled to it; so I think it's pretty safe.

But anyway, I wouldn't bother claiming benefits; from what I've heard it's peanuts and you wouldn't be able to afford anything on benefits; I'd concentrate on getting another job asap.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 pm

My question is, if i claim Jobseekers Allowance now will there be any problem when i will apply for British citizenship ?
You are free from immigration restriction and are eligible to all the benefits available provided you fulfill the claiming criteria.
Claiming benefits will not affect your citizenship application.

Even though the benefit may seem to be peanuts, at least it will support you until you find a job, especially with high cost of living here.

Good luck.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Here's the whole section of forum on claiming benefits

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26916

You can claim child benefits, tax credits, job seekers allowance.....and so on...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:45 pm

neoseal wrote:

You are free from immigration restriction and are eligible to all the benefits available provided you fulfill the claiming criteria.

Even though the benefit may seem to be peanuts, at least it will support you until you find a job, especially with high cost of living here.

Good luck.
That's what I thought; it makes sense, i guess....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:45 pm

neoseal wrote:

Good luck.
That's what I thought; it makes sense, i guess....