ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bus travel from london to Amsterdam with eea2

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Universal soldier
BANNED

Bus travel from london to Amsterdam with eea2

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

If the eea2 Rc holder travel to Amsterdam from London by bus then still will the non-eu national will meet Dutch immigration authorities at amsterdam bus station asking visa questions like airline/immigration staff asks on airport.
regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Depends on the route the bus takes but I assume it crosses the channel from Dover to Calais. In that case you pass French border control (for the Schengen area) while still in the UK (before ferry/train).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Moved to Europe section.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:00 am

Usually the bus will clear immigration unto Schengen at the end of the train/ferry ride.

Will you be travelling with the EU citizen?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:45 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Usually the bus will clear immigration unto Schengen at the end of the train/ferry ride.

Will you be travelling with the EU citizen?
actually i want to assess that whether travelling to eu countries with eea partner with bus is easy than airport hassles. Because few weeks before i traveled Lithuania with eea partner and no problem with eea2 but after luggage checking clear at security then 2 security officer came and asking how much money we have in pockets to live Lithuania even asked from eu national too. We reply that we have much money to afford living expense there. Then ask about jobs from both of us which we reply as well. Then because for Ryanair the passengers need to run for securing seat then we quickly run without asking them the reason of question. Is that normal question even when someone flying out uk.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Because few weeks before i traveled Lithuania with eea partner and no problem with eea2 but after luggage checking clear at security then 2 security officer came and asking how much money we have in pockets to live Lithuania even asked from eu national too. We reply that we have much money to afford living expense there. Then ask about jobs from both of us which we reply as well. Then because for Ryanair the passengers need to run for securing seat then we quickly run without asking them the reason of question. Is that normal question even when someone flying out uk.
Sorry, I am confused. Where did this hapen? What exactly is a "security officer"?

You should read http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... questions/

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 pm

At stansted airport and security people having a little monogram called BAA on their uniform. Is that new thing even flying out from uk.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Universal soldier wrote:At stansted airport and security people having a little monogram called BAA on their uniform. Is that new thing even flying out from uk.
The Stanstead airport security people asked you how much money you had with you? Anyone else?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:At stansted airport and security people having a little monogram called BAA on their uniform. Is that new thing even flying out from uk.
The Stanstead airport security people asked you how much money you had with you? Anyone else?
yes only stansted security and nobody else ask that

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Can you please give a little more detail.

Was the person alone?
What exactly did they ask?
What happened then?
Do you have any reason to think it might happen again?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Yes,I've been stopped before too,on about 2 separate occasions. Immediately after security checks I was stopped by the Stansted Airport police(with guns). They asked to see my passport and asked questions like: What is ur status in the UK? if I had a visa to where I was going? etc.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Yes,I've been stopped before too,on about 2 separate occasions. Immediately after security checks I was stopped by the Stansted Airport police(with guns). They asked to see my passport and asked questions like: What is ur status in the UK? if I had a visa to where I was going? etc.