ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong type of Visa approved? HELP

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DanielL
Newly Registered

Wrong type of Visa approved? HELP

Post by DanielL » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 pm

My wife is from Philippines she was approved with Visa type C, when we specifically apply for Long stay, join spouse Visa type D.

We contacted the Irish embassy, and they told us that there is no problem and just the immigration officer at the airport will make a "mark" "stamp" that this should be a Joins EU citizen (spuse) Visa.

Is this true?

I found this explanation extremely unrealistic !

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ho ... _valid_for

Visa type C is nothing more than a tourist Visa, and I can't find anything that would confirm what they told us in the embassy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Lately most EUTR applicants have been getting type C visa (I think the reason is that it is easier for them to have a quick turnaround time for these as they don't need approval from Dublin).

There is no problem and she will be fine. The only minimal annoyance is that she will have to apply for a re-entry visa if she wants to travel outside Ireland while waiting for her Stamp 4 EUFam.

courny

Re: Wrong type of Visa approved? HELP

Post by courny » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 am

DanielL wrote:My wife is from Philippines she was approved with Visa type C, when we specifically apply for Long stay, join spouse Visa type D.

We contacted the Irish embassy, and they told us that there is no problem and just the immigration officer at the airport will make a "mark" "stamp" that this should be a Joins EU citizen (spuse) Visa.

Is this true?

Visa type C is nothing more than a tourist Visa, and I can't find anything that would confirm what they told us in the embassy.

are you an irish citizen?

courny

Re: Wrong type of Visa approved? HELP

Post by courny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 pm

DanielL wrote:My wife is from Philippines she was approved with Visa type C, when we specifically apply for Long stay, join spouse Visa type D.

Is this true?

my bad, ur an eu citizen exercising treaty right in ireland. yes as JEUPSY said. C visa issued lately and then apply for 4eufam

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:43 am

C-type visa is the correct visa your spouse should have received. Spouses of EU national should never have been receiving type D visas. Your spouse received the correct visa so no need to panic.

DanielL
Newly Registered

Post by DanielL » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks for answers I really started to panicking here for a while :wink:

Just to be sure now:

1. PPS
2. Form EU1
3. GNIB

in this order ?