ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 pm

astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:@kukuwife Im also curious to hear the juicy details of @astro123 incredible success story!! Why did it work out better to submit a new app instead of doing an appeal or JR?
Does it mean that those refused with no right of appeal can submit a new one (finances permitting) and keep their fingers crossed...?

Concerning my reapplication, I think why this has been successful is that I added new evidence. in the first one I could not proof cohabitation because I did not have enough doc to cover the 2 yrs. since the app spent about 14months with the HO before it was refused, I was able to accrue more doc to resend a new app to prove cohabitation. And the refusal letter they added that I cannot enjoy the EX1 if am not able to qualify for the mandatory requirements . If anyone needs to know something else ask and I will reply. thanks
Astro123-Thanks for the clarification. The decision was based on 2 years cohabitation which is understandable but what about the financial requirement
Your expectation will manifest very soon

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 pm

@kukuwife ,(1) i suspect cases of pple who re -apply shortly after initial refusal are dealt wit by senior/experienced caseworkers.....
(2)Money making tactics.....

when i applied for d ist time in 2009 i could not provide documentatn to prove co habitation for 2years.. cos even though i dated my hubby for years , we only started living together the day we got married biut my caseworker used her discretion indeed and she must have thot it will be so unreasonable to refuse my visa cos we hv a child together and livung as a family.....In a nutshell, d level of experience of the caseworker does help a great deal
I

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Yummymummy and dapsoniee - many thanks.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="yummymummy3j"]@KUKUWIFE I SAY A VERY LOUD AMENNNNNN TO THE PRAYER....[/quote]

Yummy mummy & All-pls kindly help in considering and analyse the situations of some of our colleagues on the forum that has been refused. Am aware that each case are different. But the same on principle of :
1. Overstayer
2 child that have lived in uk continuously for seven years
3. Article 8 been raised
4. Family life
5. Private life
We have seen people who overstayed their visa and applied using the flr o been granted on the so called 7 years rule while some are been refused.

I beginning to wonder that there may be some issue we might be missing.
And going by astro123 he was first refused, re-applied and then granted so what has changed?
Pls kindly contribute
Thx
All things are possible by God[/quote]

Hi

I am expecting some analysis from Believe2013,dapsonlee and others regards kukuwife comments.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 am

@kukuwife:
Astro123 is very fortunate. Do not try to understand what happened in his case.
Decisions at the HO are made on arbitrary basis. In the same organisation, if you choose 2 different officers and give them the same file, the decisions will be different. Operational Guidances are issued to please Big Brothers such as Home Affairs Committee. Especially in Human right where every case has its own merits, Case Workers look for weaknesses instead strengths in cases. Decisions are made under emotional pressure caused by letters from solicitors, MPs or applicants themselves.
And you said it right, God is our only strength…

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 am

shareen24h wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@KUKUWIFE I SAY A VERY LOUD AMENNNNNN TO THE PRAYER....
Yummy mummy & All-pls kindly help in considering and analyse the situations of some of our colleagues on the forum that has been refused. Am aware that each case are different. But the same on principle of :
1. Overstayer
3. Article 8 been raised
4. Family life
5. Private life
We have seen people who overstayed their visa and applied using the flr o been granted on the so called 7 years rule while some are been refused.

And going by astro123 he was first refused, re-applied and then granted so what has changed?
Pls kindly contribute
Thx
All things are possible by God
Hi

I am expecting some analysis from Believe2013,dapsonlee and others regards kukuwife comments.
Same thing happened to my sister just on tuesday this week, she was granted 30 months leave after re- applying by my advice even her solicitor can't still belief it,to me i think people don't include much document,some immigration officer will request for more document,some wont bother wasting time on the application.e.g if someone is applying for leave to remain on 7yrs rule,they should include a letter from each school they have attended for last 7yrs,etc

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:53 am

Hello everyone,
Wow, I guess it's been a blessed week for some of us. Big congrats to astro123, bobby04, Time503. That is a reward for never giving up and also a show of God's might! Enjoy yourselves and don't do what I wouldn't do! Lol!! Welcome to those new on the forum. All the regular contributors( you know who you are) have a great weekend!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:16 am

shareen24h wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@KUKUWIFE I SAY A VERY LOUD AMENNNNNN TO THE PRAYER....
1. Overstayer
3. Article 8 been raised
4. Family life
5. Private life

Pls kindly contribute
Thx
All things are possible by God
Hi

Good morning. Good news is infectious, congrats to your sister Daniel97. I suppose it all boils down to the case units and their chain of command. Get it wrong at the top and nothing falls into place. I think conducting a post mortem on the criteria used by HO in most cases could prove to be a very disheartening and angering procedure, so I would rather join my fellow bloggers in celebrating their victories and patiently wait my time.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:02 am

Good morning Everyone, first of all congrats to everyone who has been granted,u fought a very good fight,all those who has refused i know it hard but there is nothing to hard for God to do,whatever line of action you take never give up a day would come you will be sharing you good news and to those of us still waiting good luck to us... :) :) :) :) :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:08 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@kukuwife ,(1) i suspect cases of pple who re -apply shortly after initial refusal are dealt wit by senior/experienced caseworkers.....
(2)Money making tactics.....

when i applied for d ist time in 2009 i could not provide documentatn to prove co habitation for 2years.. cos even though i dated my hubby for years , we only started living together the day we got married biut my caseworker used her discretion indeed and she must have thot it will be so unreasonable to refuse my visa cos we hv a child together and livung as a family.....In a nutshell, d level of experience of the caseworker does help a great deal
I
You only have to prove 2 years' cohabitation for un-married couples. If a couple is legally married then it doesnt matter :)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 am

tei123 wrote:Good morning Everyone, first of all congrats to everyone who has been granted,u fought a very good fight,all those who has refused i know it hard but there is nothing to hard for God to do,whatever line of action you take never give up a day would come you will be sharing you good news and to those of us still waiting good luck to us... :) :) :) :) :)

@tei123 Good morning right back at you!!! :P There may be even more good news for some of us today!! If not the next week will be surely fruitful!!! Yay!!
Good luck to us all!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:44 am

verbina wrote:
tei123 wrote:Good morning Everyone, first of all congrats to everyone who has been granted,u fought a very good fight,all those who has refused i know it hard but there is nothing to hard for God to do,whatever line of action you take never give up a day would come you will be sharing you good news and to those of us still waiting good luck to us... :) :) :) :) :)

@tei123 Good morning right back at you!!! :P There may be even more good news for some of us today!! If not the next week will be surely fruitful!!! Yay!!
Good luck to us all!!!!
yes defo,amen to that and we will all have a story to tell one day :D :D :D

astro123

Post by astro123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:49 am

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="astro123"][quote="verbina"]@kukuwife Im also curious to hear the juicy details of @astro123 incredible success story!! Why did it work out better to submit a new app instead of doing an appeal or JR?
Does it mean that those refused with no right of appeal can submit a new one (finances permitting) and keep their fingers crossed...?[/quote]

Concerning my reapplication, I think why this has been successful is that I added new evidence. in the first one I could not proof cohabitation because I did not have enough doc to cover the 2 yrs. since the app spent about 14months with the HO before it was refused, I was able to accrue more doc to resend a new app to prove cohabitation. And the refusal letter they added that I cannot enjoy the EX1 if am not able to qualify for the mandatory requirements . If anyone needs to know something else ask and I will reply. thanks[/quote]

Astro123-Thanks for the clarification. The decision was based on 2 years cohabitation which is understandable but what about the financial requirement[/quote]

I do not know if they considered financial requirements, but my partner earns about fifty seven thousand pounds a year. and we added the bank statements and pay slips to the doc.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:18 pm

astro123 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
astro123 wrote:
verbina wrote:@kukuwife Im also curious to hear the juicy details of @astro123 incredible success story!! Why did it work out better to submit a new app instead of doing an appeal or JR?
Does it mean that those refused with no right of appeal can submit a new one (finances permitting) and keep their fingers crossed...?

Concerning my reapplication, I think why this has been successful is that I added new evidence. in the first one I could not proof cohabitation because I did not have enough doc to cover the 2 yrs. since the app spent about 14months with the HO before it was refused, I was able to accrue more doc to resend a new app to prove cohabitation. And the refusal letter they added that I cannot enjoy the EX1 if am not able to qualify for the mandatory requirements . If anyone needs to know something else ask and I will reply. thanks
Astro123-Thanks for the clarification. The decision was based on 2 years cohabitation which is understandable but what about the financial requirement

I do not know if they considered financial requirements, but my partner earns about fifty seven thousand pounds a year. and we added the bank statements and pay slips to the doc.
Thanks

progeny5kay

Thanks to everyone that gave me advised

Post by progeny5kay » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 pm

HO returned my application as invalid on 05/09/2013 cos there was a mistake on the payment page and i have corrected it and resent thanks everyone once again :D Timeline
now
application sent:05/09/2013
ack:?
Bio:?

bobby04
Newly Registered

Thank you all

Post by bobby04 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

I am not surprised with the huge congratulations received from you. I pray soonest people will rejoice with you. Thank you so much.

Someone has it in his/her footnote that persistence overcomes resistance. I definitely believe in that. When Jesus taught His disciples how to pray in Luke 11: 5-7. When a man went to meet his neighbour's friend for food to meet the need of his friend from a journey. With all the resistances his neighbour's put up against him: first resistance The door is locked, second children are in bed, third resistance i can't get up. Eventually, all the resistances were broken down because of his persistence.

Therefore, for those who are currently experiencing resistance from Home Office, I pray that soonest all the resistances will be broken down with your resistances and the manifestation of Jesus in your situation.

bobby04
Newly Registered

Post by bobby04 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

@ Kukuwife Concerning your request about application on private life- parent of a child in UK via 7 year route. This is the basis of my application. If I am right, I believe at this moment, only Time504 and my self have received favourable consideration on that basis.

From my point of view, Home Office is applying the ECHR inapproriately. They do have their own version, which I believe, it is only applicable to a single parent. In opinion, which is based on the observation i have seen, all couples either overstayer or with valid stay that made application on that basis were sadly refused. Home office will not tell them because they are couple rather they would come up with all sort of reasons you are overstayer etc . For those couple who are still expecting outcome of the application on that basis, I believe with God all things are possible.

In view of the above, any one who is being refused with their child/children in this country for 7 years without criminal convictions are most like to win their cases in court.

Have a pleasant weekend

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:13 pm

congratulation @bobby04 for your 7 year child application. what you saying single parents application is granted. Is anything instruct like in ex1? I don't think so.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:20 pm

@bobby04 did your application refused before or your valid leave expired and overstayer, I think that's make difference, My one is refused and did appeal but lost it and after a 6 years I applied under 7 year child. My child born here in uk and nearly 10 years old (one month to go) still refused. I don't understand how home office implemented the ex1 and 276ADE.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 pm

could someone please explain me the 10 and 7 year rule because my sister has been in uk for more than 12 years. they only accepted the evidence from 2003 but she was still refused. and she is under 25 but over 18

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:28 pm

@ali90 children born in uk and lived for first 10 years without absence of 90 days of every year, he/she able to apply british citizenship. The other one child lived in uk 7 or more years can able to apply leave to remain but they refused a lot now, not considering, even they made law.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 children born in uk and lived for first 10 years without absence of 90 days of every year, he/she able to apply british citizenship. The other one child lived in uk 7 or more years can able to apply leave to remain but they refused a lot now, not considering, even they made law.
damn that sucks. i was born in uk but left uk at age of 8 and wasnt my own choice. only been out of uk for 3 years out of my 23years. lets hope the caseworker be good and grant me

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 pm

@ali90 you have a chance because you under 25 and lived more than half of yours life, wishing you all the best. what your sister case now? did she have a right of appeal? when your sister application is refused?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ali90 you have a chance because you under 25 and lived more than half of yours life, wishing you all the best. what your sister case now? did she have a right of appeal? when your sister application is refused?
she was refused because they said she hasnt spent more than half her life here because of a break in the middle . she had no right of appeal and was told to contact the enforcment team. it was more than 2/3 months ago. still have pending assylum application since few years so maybe thats why they havent done anything yet. she is in contact with lawyer to see what to do about it. because even after the break it be more than half her life here and also she is married to a british citizen in religious cermoney even tho it isnt british registeration yet

everyone has a chance it all depends on the caseworker. her caseworker asked for documents once and then refused. mine have asked few times and i have tried to send all the documents i have

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm

even 3 years break count its a half life living here and still under 25, well depends on luck, even if you have strong case, they reufsed if you don't have a luck and depends on the case worker as well. That's why anything could happened?