ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

income question - tricky

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

try-one
Member of Standing

income question - tricky

Post by try-one » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:14 am

I understand that HO people may think that a senior person with an income lower than £ 40,000 is not logical, but my current employer in the UK pays £ 30,000. Would it be better to apply showing my southamerican company's income, letters from the accountant, company tax returns in my original country or to apply as an employee adding my foreign income to the UK income?

If I can prove that I work for my own company and I can show the income of USD 12,000 requiered, can I apply with that salary instead of my UK one? can I add them?
Is HO asking for where i live or where i get my income from? clearly the forms and documents are aimed at people who lives in the same country were they get their income......can i add 2 countries income?
#thanks

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:19 pm

any comments?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:57 pm

your case is a bit confusing to understand. anyway firstly i dont think that the HO evaluate whether you are senior or junior on the basis of your income, income itself has its own scoring criteria so using income as the determining factor would be a double edged sword, anyway the HSMP notes define what a 'Senior' position means, infact if you read carefully you will realise that they do acknowledge that a 'Senior' means different thing depending on the size of your organisation that you are working. Therefore it is understandable if you earn less than a certain amount depending on the size of your organisation that you work for and the business that they in. In short your job description will say whether you are a senior manager or not.

in as far as your 2nd Q is concerned, i think yes you can claim income from two different countries that is if you have LIVED in the 2 countries in the past 12months, and they say the will use the present country that you are RESIDING in to calculate which band will apply to you. So if you want your income in your south american country to used then you will have to apply from there. yes they want to know where you live and assume that your income comes from there as well.

Hope this helps to answer you questions. I am not a legal expert and the answers i have given to your are my opion based on how i understood the HSMP guidance notes. so please i advise you to read the HSMP notes quite carefully including the FAQs