ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liverpool EU Marriage Team Interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samibck
Newly Registered

Liverpool EU Marriage Team Interview

Post by samibck » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:52 pm

I received an invitation letter for interview from the UKBA Liverpool EU Marriage Team .

Anyone has gone through this process under EAA2 application?

What sort of question they ask? any idea? :!: :!: :!:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm

There are lots of other threads on this topic. Read them first!

Are you applying for a Residence Card? Have they been in any contact with you since you sent the application? How long ago was your application?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Liverpool EU Marriage Team Interview

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm

samibck wrote:I received an invitation letter for interview from the UKBA Liverpool EU Marriage Team .

Wht never heard UKBA interview someone if they want to Marry. Is it something new

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 pm

askmeplz82 wrote: Wht never heard UKBA interview someone if they want to Marry. Is it something new
Suspect it is an interview to verify the marriage is genuine.

utobo
Newly Registered

Post by utobo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I just had mine last week,136 questions in total..it's nearly 2 weeks now,I've not heard nothing.pls could people with experiences share their experiences as regards time scale..
Even though d relationship is genuine,u n ur partner need to prepare ur selves cos they may ask certain things u may not have taken notice of..
Generally d questions r just to test d genuineness of d relationship.egwhen did u meet,how did u meet,who proposed,when,who is ur gp.,wen was d last u visited d gp,were both parents in support of d marriage,describe ur house,wot did u do last weekend,who were at ur wedding,wen did u move in together,ect..
Good luck and keep us posted

samibck
Newly Registered

Post by samibck » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:44 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:There are lots of other threads on this topic. Read them first!

Are you applying for a Residence Card? Have they been in any contact with you since you sent the application? How long ago was your application?
i applied EEA2 three months ago and received COA after 5 days. Got married in Thailand. and come to UK via Ireland.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 pm

samibck wrote:i applied EEA2 three months ago and received COA after 5 days. Got married in Thailand. and come to UK via Ireland.
Are you a British citizen and worked in Ireland in order to do a Singh entry?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 am

samibck wrote:I received an invitation letter for interview from the UKBA Liverpool EU Marriage Team .

CAN SOMEONE please tell this INTERVIEW process is it something new for EEA2 APPLICANT?

BACK IN 2009/2010 i never heard anyone going for an Interview for EEA2 application.

Was it because you need COA for marriage from home office back then?

samibck
Newly Registered

Post by samibck » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
samibck wrote:i applied EEA2 three months ago and received COA after 5 days. Got married in Thailand. and come to UK via Ireland.
Are you a British citizen and worked in Ireland in order to do a Singh entry?
I am Pakistani, my wife is EU national, i got the Ireland visa and came from Ireland, and I have given my Interview at Liverpool lastweek, and waiting for the result. Just me and my wife couple of question got wrong, but I am still not sure what they going to do.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:31 am

samibck,

What is the nationality of your wife? What was she doing in Ireland?

vinny

Re: eea2 application refused after interview

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 am

samibck wrote:very sad, i have got few question wrong, like the size of wife shoe etc. i dont knw that they will do.

still waiting

ebenkug wrote:my application refused today, reason being we got some of the questions wrong, pls can anybody help out on what to do next, should I need to appeal or re-apply?
timeline:
sent:
coa rec: 25/04/13
interview: 02/08/13
refused:04/09/13
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:24 am

vinny wrote:
samibck wrote:very sad, i have got few question wrong, like the size of wife shoe etc. i dont knw that they will do.

still waiting

ebenkug wrote:my application refused today, reason being we got some of the questions wrong, pls can anybody help out on what to do next, should I need to appeal or re-apply?
timeline:
sent:
coa rec: 25/04/13
interview: 02/08/13
refused:04/09/13
Hmm, Shoe size? - damn, we're supposed to know these things? I have problems with my own shoe size, (sometimes 11 sometimes 12 depending on the shoe) how am i supposed to know my wife's?
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 am

wiggsy wrote: I have problems with my own shoe size, (sometimes 11 sometimes 12 depending on the shoe) how am i supposed to know my wife's?
Then you should have a lot of shoe pairs because size 11-12 always have much discount in shoe shops than regular size 7-9.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Shoe size

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 am

If one does not know the answer to a question, the correct answer to give would be I don't know and move on.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 pm

samibck wrote:applied 25 Apirl 2013
Received letter on 28 April 2013
Interview Call letter on 19 July 2013
Interview on 2 August 2013

Passport with RC received on 10 October 2013

thanks to for the interview guy, he was nice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wajahatvsi
Newly Registered

Post by wajahatvsi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anyone recently been to interview, we got interview invitation if anybody can give us some tips please ?

Nas255
Newly Registered

marriage permission and interview

Post by Nas255 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:44 pm

hello friends
i am new to this forum.i have given the notice for marriage and registrar refereed my marriage to home office for investigation and after 4 days i have got letter from home office that they decided not to investigate my marriage and i can go ahead with the marriage after 28 days period .i am wondering what will happen after submitting eea marriage application .will they call me for interview or home visit?
i will appreciate your kind reply

thanks
Nas

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:48 pm

According to the recent experience by one of the members, they can do. In their case it was an unannounced home visit followed by a date for an interview for both of them. But if this happens, it may not be until you submit your application for an EEA RC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote: Wht never heard UKBA interview someone if they want to Marry. Is it something new
Suspect it is an interview to verify the marriage is genuine.

That's what they say.

They verified my marriage of October before letting me get married to my wife.
The interviewer said he was happy that our marriage is genuine.

Then when I applied for EEA FM they rejected saying its a marriage of convenience.

I dont understand these idiots at times. Its like all the caseworkers have an orgasm when they split families apart. :x
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Tonyandretony
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Tonyandretony » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 am

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Could you please post a link to those threads please ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Re:

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Tonyandretony wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 am
Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Could you please post a link to those threads please ?
You have posted you question on an inactive thread and member Directive/2004/38/EC hasn't visited the forum since May 30, 2015 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm

(Casa, not CR001)