ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kokopop

Passport

Post by Kokopop » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Just realised my passport has expired while with HO for over a year now . What do I do?? Really worried :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Passport

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Kokopop wrote:Just realised my passport has expired while with HO for over a year now . What do I do?? Really worried :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Apply for a new passport now and get it ready as HO will likely ask you to send your new valid passport before your application process is completed.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Re: Passport

Post by adilzia » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:43 pm

Kokopop wrote:Just realised my passport has expired while with HO for over a year now . What do I do?? Really worried :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You dont need to do anything.Pasport should be valid at the time of application.Dont worry if ur pasport expired after made an application.

Kokopop

Post by Kokopop » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:06 am

@sunkanmi, thanks but I sent my application before it expire.@aldizia,thanks u are right . But it actually got me worried . Thanks guys am ok now

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Kokopop wrote:@sunkanmi, thanks but I sent my application before it expire.@aldizia,thanks u are right . But it actually got me worried . Thanks guys am ok now

@ Kokopop, your passport was valid when you submitted your application, but its your responsibility to make sure your travel documents (in dis case your passport) are up to date at all time regardless of HO delay. The delay of applications by HO does not have anything to do with your responsibility to update your passport. If your old passport has pass its validity period (every country have periods that passports can be renew, most allow 10years and renewal after first 5years) then apply for a new passport now to avoid delay should in case HO ask you to send new/valid passport. But if you cannot renew without getting the old passport, then wait for HO to decide what they will do. HO sometimes decide applications without passport as long as you give them genuine reason why your passport is not available.

I know of some friends who have been asked to submit passport by HO before decision was taken on their application, but HO may not ask you to submit new/valid passport, but if they do, it will save you time if you already have it on ground.

Kokopop

Post by Kokopop » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm

@sunkanmi,can I have your private email you may be of help in this issue ,thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:00 am

Kokopop wrote:@sunkanmi,can I have your private email you may be of help in this issue ,thanks
@Kokopop, send a PM on the forum and let others with similar experience share it to help those in similar situation.