ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after a eea family permit ? which procedure?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

ILR after a eea family permit ? which procedure?

Post by isidore91 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:41 pm

hi

i'm french citizen, live and working in UK since 3 years. I'm planning to marry in Pakistan.

I thought i would make a spouse visa under the UK immigration rules but i found out there's a need to be settled in the UK = require five years' legal residence.

I believe I should be looking into is applying for an EEA family permit post marriage (this is an entry clearance similar to a visa). To be clear, evidence of employment would be enough.

Once someone come here, what is the next step ? i believe a eea family permit is not an ILR and i'm not sure that you can go out and come to uk as much as you want.
==> after a eea family permit is there limite of days to follow some procedure ? what should i apply for when the spouse come to uk ?

thanks you very much.
i hope this is the right category to post my request

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:45 pm

EEA family permit prior to entry.

Residence card post entry (form EEA2).

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Are you asking this query for yourself. If you then being French citizen you donot need visa to return to Uk.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

isidore91
Newly Registered
France

Post by isidore91 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:EEA family permit prior to entry.

Residence card post entry (form EEA2).
perfect, thanks !