ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference in amount

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hav_2_get_hsmp
India

Difference in amount

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sat May 26, 2007 3:30 am

Hello Guys,

I'm in UK on fresh talent visa. In the period of last 12 months, for 3 months I have had the chance to work for 2 employers simultaneously.

For 2 months , the salary paid into my account by my employer2 differed by £10 from the actual salary. (i.e £10 extra was paid) This difference amount is the expenses which I had claimed from the company.

However this difference amount was not mentioned on the payslips.

Basically amount credited and amount on payslip does not match.

Now, I understand from the guidance notes that, to claim points in past earnings category I need to submit only
1. Salary slips
2. Tax returns
(Both these docs have matching figures)

I could get a letter from the employer corroborating the numbers.

In this scenario , can I get away with not submitting the bank statements ?

Has anyone got an approval without a bank statement ?

Could the seniors in this forum please help me out here.

Thanks,
HTGH

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat May 26, 2007 2:14 pm

The bank statements are not needed to corroborate payment.
It is more for do you have funds to support yourself without recourse to public funds.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:52 pm

SYH wrote:The bank statements are not needed to corroborate payment.
It is more for do you have funds to support yourself without recourse to public funds.
It sounded like hav_2_get_hsmp was asking for advice on the HSMP step of the process, not EC...but to SYH's point, you will need to prove that you can support yourself after HSMP approval :)

The point of the past earnings category is to predict your future earning power, not to prove that you can support yourself.

hav_2_get_hsmp, all I have is my own understanding of the guidance notes on this topic, but given this excerpt from the guidance notes:

"We will not be able to consider any
allowances paid to you that are not declared on
your pay slips."

I think you'll *at least* need to provide the letter from your employer as evidence to support the higher amount and I would include an explanation in the application itself, in your own words.

There isn't any way you can include your bank statements? I think you need at least two documents that corroborate each other and it sounds like even with the letter from your employer, the only other item that would match the amount on the letter is your bank statement, correct?

hav_2_get_hsmp
India

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sat May 26, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes..I was asking for advice on HSMP process.

Yep, even I think the same as apeterso925 , that, information about past earnings is collected from the home office to determine your future earning power and the extent to which you can contribute to UK economy.

As said earlier, I was credited £1235 to my bank account and my actual salary was £1225. The difference of £10 is the expenses that I claimed from the company.

1. My payslips mention £1225
2. My p60 tax return , mentions £1225
3. My bank statement mentions £1235
4. I can request a letter from my employer only to mention the amount as detailed in payslip and not submit the bank statements to HSMP office at all. (submit only payslip,p60 and letter)

or

5. Request a letter from the employer, which would explain why the difference in amount exists and submit the bank statements along with the application. (submit all the 4 documents)

My ex-employer is ok to give the letters in either of the above 2 ways.

I was thinking why risk by submitting the bank statements, and this is where I was looking for the advice.

apeterso925, did I answer you questions ?

Yes, this excerpt as posted by apeterso925, kinda answers my concerns,
hav_2_get_hsmp, all I have is my own understanding of the guidance notes on this topic, but given this excerpt from the guidance notes:

your pay slips."

However, have you guys come across anyone who have got their approval with out bank statements ?

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:21 am

If it were me, I would go with 5. That way, you are making it as clear as possible why there are differences between your documents. Why does it seem like a risk to submit your bank statements?

Can you qualify just with the smaller amount that is on your payslips?
hav_2_get_hsmp wrote:Yes..I was asking for advice on HSMP process.

Yep, even I think the same as apeterso925 , that, information about past earnings is collected from the home office to determine your future earning power and the extent to which you can contribute to UK economy.

As said earlier, I was credited £1235 to my bank account and my actual salary was £1225. The difference of £10 is the expenses that I claimed from the company.

1. My payslips mention £1225
2. My p60 tax return , mentions £1225
3. My bank statement mentions £1235
4. I can request a letter from my employer only to mention the amount as detailed in payslip and not submit the bank statements to HSMP office at all. (submit only payslip,p60 and letter)

or

5. Request a letter from the employer, which would explain why the difference in amount exists and submit the bank statements along with the application. (submit all the 4 documents)

My ex-employer is ok to give the letters in either of the above 2 ways.

I was thinking why risk by submitting the bank statements, and this is where I was looking for the advice.

apeterso925, did I answer you questions ?

Yes, this excerpt as posted by apeterso925, kinda answers my concerns,

your pay slips."

However, have you guys come across anyone who have got their approval with out bank statements ?

hav_2_get_hsmp
India

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sun May 27, 2007 9:21 am

Thank for the response apeterso925.

I have 24k from empployer1 with whom I continue to work.
From employer2 I have 5100 on payslip/p60 and 5120 on the bank statements.

There is no risk as such, except tht I dont know how will the case worker handle this difference in amount.

Out of 5100 from employer2 all i need is 2k to qualify, however my concern is what if they ignore the entire 5100 when the difference exists only of £20 ?

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Given that the HO's focus is on the wage slips and the tax document, I think you're ok not submitting bank statements and only claiming the smaller amount. Bank statements, I think, are optional.

But I still think option 5 is your best choice...yes, you're submitting conflicting documents, but the letter from your employer would explain the discrepancy. It seems like that option is the least confusing.

Amy
hav_2_get_hsmp wrote:Thank for the response apeterso925.

I have 24k from empployer1 with whom I continue to work.
From employer2 I have 5100 on payslip/p60 and 5120 on the bank statements.

There is no risk as such, except tht I dont know how will the case worker handle this difference in amount.

Out of 5100 from employer2 all i need is 2k to qualify, however my concern is what if they ignore the entire 5100 when the difference exists only of £20 ?

hav_2_get_hsmp
India

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:29 pm

Hello Amy,

Thanks Very much for your inputs.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Did you not have to submit anything to claim the additional 10 quid? That would be a little more logical for an established company to have something like that in place, and if so, they should have a system for approving such claims. If I were you, I would support the company letter with relevant approved claim forms. And be sure to explicitly draw attention to this on your cover letter.