ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GURUS HELP NEEDED !

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

austin100

GURUS HELP NEEDED !

Post by austin100 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:28 am

A family member of mine has applied for Retention of residence card, that her ex-spouse was a Job seeker..She provided evidence that her Ex-spouse was searching for Job as the time of Divorce:
1. Copies of Applications Forms
2. Interview letters
3. Job centre forms
4. e-mail from Agencies

She received a letter from Her Case worker saying :

Dear Miss M,

You have applied for a United Kingdom residence Card as former family member of a European Economical Area (EEA)
To enable the application to be considered , you should send to this office the following document:

.Evidence your former EEA family member was exercising treaty right for minimum of 12 month before becoming a Job seeker.

. The date your fomer EEA family member left employment

Now she thinking of approaching her ex-spouse employer to provide her with a confirmation letter stating this two requirement.

Gurus ! Obie , EUsmile and others . Will this letter from her ex-spouse employer be good enough if they willing to write her this confirmation letter.
As this is only way she can approach them . since the ex -spouse is been unco-operative

Thanks for your reply[/b]

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 am

You might find that the ex-employer would be unable to provide details as it would breech confidentiality.

Is the applicant represented by a solicitor. It may be possible to mandate that the uncooperative ex-spouse provides the required information.

I have no experience in these matters.

austin100

Post by austin100 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 am

Thank you Eusmile.
She is considering using a solicitor for this purpose.
Like I asked Will this confirmation letter be sufficient for the requirement by the case worker

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Dunno if this is going to be helpful at all:
Retained Rights of Residence Evidence Policy - it is possible that the Home Office hold the "required information" on file already? Perhaps from previous applications ETC (Family Permit ETC?)
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You might find that the ex-employer would be unable to provide details as it would breech confidentiality.
The ICO decided that my old employer contacting a new potential employer and stating that I was off work periodically with sickness (without any reference request etc) was perfectly fine... It appears confidentiality doesn't go as far as a lot of people believes it does.

Despite my old employer disclosing my name, address and NINO to another organisation/business, the ICO decided that no breach of the DPA had taken place...
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: GURUS HELP NEEDED !

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:57 pm

is your family member from A8 countries?

because A8 national needed to register under WRS then work continuously for 1 year to be eligible to apply for EEA1 and NON EU national EEA2

this can satisfy home office 1 year requirement ( correct me if i'm wrong )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

vinny

Re: GURUS HELP NEEDED !

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:12 pm

austin100 wrote:since the ex -spouse is been unco-operative
If refused due to lack of evidence from ex-spouse, then appeal and use the Tribunal to help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.