ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa rejection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

perthuser
Newly Registered

General visitor visa rejection

Post by perthuser » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi All

My Father-in-law and Mother-in-law applied for UK General visitor visa on 04th July 2013. After probably 2 months application has been rejected mentioning the below reason
=====================================
In making the above assessment I have a look at your personal and financial circumstances and the credibility of your trip. The starting point for the assessment of any visa application is the information contained in the Visa application form and the supporting documents. you state that you are supported by your husband who is a retired ABC earning INR XYZ(£XYZ) per month. As evidence of your circumstances you have provided photocopies of his retirement notice , pension certificate and pass book from the XYZ Bank. however changes could have been made during the copying process and for this reason when you submitted your application you were informed that you must provide original documents and that your appication may be refused if you do not. You were advised that it is your responsibility to satisfy the entry clearence Officer that you are genuninely seeking entry to the UK for the purpose of visit you stated. Given the documents you have submitted I am not satisfied that this is the case. Furthermore pension order states that his monthly pension is INR ABC per month . You have provided no further evidence as to the additinal soure of funds or of any property or assets. Furthermore, I note that there are no pension deposits into your bank and the clsoing balance four days prior to the application was 0. Without the evidence we asked for I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a limited period as stated by you, not exceeding 6 months (paragraph 41(i)). I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK (paragraph 41(II)).
===========================================
My father-in-law had carried the originals but the VFS guys told that they are not responsible for any loss for original documents and an attested copy of the bank statements was enough. He submittedt the same. Also his pension letter clearly says that his basic pension is XYZ and there is variable component attached to it which is fluctuable. Hence his pension is more than what is mentioned in pension order. Also in bank statenment there is a line printed with 0 amount after every pension credit transaction without any date and transaction details. That could be SBI bank internal rules. That is not mentioning any transaction though. I am not sure how VFS guy consider that as transaction.

Since now that the right to appeal for General visitor has been removed, I am not happy with the rejection reasons and want to ask for a revaluation. Is there anyway I can do the same?

maconald
Newly Registered

Post by maconald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi, Your father in law is a direct family member as defined in the Immigration Family Visitors appeal Regulation 2012 therefore he should submit an application to the Administrative Court in London for. Judicial Review. If you need help text me on 07970349224

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:01 pm

You should not be displaying your personal details (i.e. mobile phone number) nor should you be trying to Solicit Business.

You do not know the immigration status of the OP to know whether the family members could have applied for for family visas. In such case the only grounds for appeal are on discrimination grounds. Moreover, the OP would perhaps be best considering the reasons for refusal and then applying whilst addressing the concerns.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

maconald
Newly Registered

Post by maconald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 pm

I have been doing this for over 15 years. The information in the message is sufficent to warrant the submission of a JR. ECO and ECM's are constantly rejecting genuine family members admission on visit category and I do not tolerate that. If my intervention indduced is not adequate I will instruct Ian Macdonald QC who I have in the past to enable justice to prevail.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Again, you should not be trying to solicit business (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.