ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DIVORCE AND ROR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missy4real
Newly Registered

DIVORCE AND ROR

Post by missy4real » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi all

I am about to proceed with my divorce and consequently apply for my retention of right. I have been married for over 3years to my ex and i am working full time and he is still self employed d last time i checked. My query is that a friend of mine informed me that i can't proceed with the divorce until after i have completed 5 years and not 3 years because of my nationality (Nigeria) otherwise i will not be granted my ror. Please how true is this and why the exemption to certain Nationality.

Kindly reply please

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: DIVORCE AND ROR

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

missy4real wrote:Hi all

I am about to proceed with my divorce and consequently apply for my retention of right. I have been married for over 3years to my ex and i am working full time and he is still self employed d last time i checked. My query is that a friend of mine informed me that i can't proceed with the divorce until after i have completed 5 years and not 3 years because of my nationality (Nigeria) otherwise i will not be granted my ror. Please how true is this and why the exemption to certain Nationality.

Kindly reply please
never heard this .... your friend was wrong.

so long as marriage is at least three years old it is possible to qualify for a retained right of residence in the United Kingdom. But to achieve a permanent right of residence on the strength of a retained right of residence it is always necessary to show residence in the UK for a continuous period of five years
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Amebo
- thin ice -

Post by Amebo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Kindly reply please

Wonders and stories wont end, where did your friend heard that from? you would have ask him/her for a proof or a link ( ukba/home office website ). Sorry to hear about divorce, if ur marriage has broken down irretriveably then you can go ahead with ur divorce and apply for ROR if after 3 yrs.

Hope these helps
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Kindly reply please

This is discrimination,facial,if ture.
But that is totally self created story.Non sence.