ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:28 pm

dewales001 wrote:
dewales001 wrote:Eligibility criteria : 10 Years + 1 Year ILR
Method of application : NCS Edinburgh
Date of application : 22/07/13
Date of receipt by UKBA : Perhaps next day (23/07/2013)
Date of acknowledgement : 24/07/2013 (Received on 27/07/2013)
Date of debit of fees : 24/07/2013
Date of approval :
Date of Ceremony :
Hey guys,

I sent an email to Home Office yesterday to get an update of my application. I got a reply this morning :

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

I am unable to disclose the decision.

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXX

Fingers crossed i will have some good news soon. :roll:
Good luck

j888wjp
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by j888wjp » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:32 pm

i just got repy from HO

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that it has been assigned to a caseworker.

Kind regards,

Is that mean i gonna get decision soon?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm

dewales001 wrote:
Date of approval :
Date of Ceremony :
Hey guys,

I sent an email to Home Office yesterday to get an update of my application. I got a reply this morning :

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I have checked our records and can confirm the decision has been made on this application, the decision letter and any supporting documents should be with you shortly.

If you do not receive the decision within the next two weeks please contact us again.

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXX

this is good news congrats

dewales001

Post by dewales001 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:14 pm

dewales001 wrote:
Date of approval :
Date of Ceremony :
Hey guys,

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXX

Hey guys,

It is a fantastic news guys! Got home from work and the brown envelope has been waiting for me. My application for British citizenship has been approved.

Below is my updated timeline:

Eligibility criteria : 10 Years + 1 Year ILR
Date of approval : 30/08/2013 (Received on 05/09/2013)
Date of Ceremony :24/09/2013
To y'all waiting for decisions from the Home Office, I wish you guys good luck!

:D :D :D
Last edited by dewales001 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Congrats Dewales.
Think they are working backwards from 25-7...I applied 11-7 still no decision.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 pm

I am waiting for last 2 months and No progress so far...

Eligibility criteria: 2yrs WP(HSMP) + 3yrs Tier + 1yr ILR
Application : Family (2 adult + 1 Child)
Method of application: NCS Birmingham
Date of application: 05th July 2013
Received by HO: 09th July 2013(assuming)
Date of debit of fees: 18th July 2103
Date of acknowledgement : 27th July 2103
Date of approval: WAITING...
Date of Ceremony:
Nationality: Indian

thanks

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:01 pm

neoseal wrote:Congrats Dewales.
No, because I applied on the 22nd of July and still no decision; I was told last monday that no decision had been made and they didn't answer the question about whether it had been assigned to a caseworker or not, so I take it that it hasn't....
I'm getting the impression that it's a lottery....

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Ya so now they have made decision for Dewales application for 24-7 and so working backwards, you applied on 22-7 so it is your turn next :wink:

At least this is less stressful than ILR process. Just try to get it out of mind and go on with usual life. :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:25 pm

neoseal wrote:Ya so now they have made decision for Dewales application for 24-7 and so working backwards, you applied on 22-7 so it is your turn next :wink:

At least this is less stressful than ILR process. Just try to get it out of mind and go on with usual life. :)
Ha ha, not convinced you are right, mate; but hope you are haha
is it? not sure what ILR is like; I'm EU, so haven't really applied for any visa or anything (except when I lived in the USA); starting to think that applying for BC was a big mistake, hope the HO don't prove me right hahahaha

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Derivaz wrote: not sure what ILR is like; I'm EU, so haven't really applied for any visa or anything (except when I lived in the USA); starting to think that applying for BC was a big mistake, hope the HO don't prove me right hahahaha
Now I got you, if you would have needed ILR you would really know that citizenship is stress-less, in fact as you are EU it shouldn't worry you at all as you are in better position compared to non-EU.

These lighter chats help relives stress... :D

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:05 pm

neoseal wrote:
Derivaz wrote: not sure what ILR is like; I'm EU, so haven't really applied for any visa or anything (except when I lived in the USA); starting to think that applying for BC was a big mistake, hope the HO don't prove me right hahahaha
Now I got you, if you would have needed ILR you would really know that citizenship is stress-less, in fact as you are EU it shouldn't worry you at all as you are in better position compared to non-EU.

These lighter chats help relives stress... :D
You are probably right there; I'm not worried, but I thought that since I've lived here very long it would be nice to become a citizen, so we will see how it goes; if I don't get it; I'll ask my company for a transfer to another EU country....

vtiku
Newly Registered

Re: July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

Post by vtiku » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 pm

vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency (got ILR in Dec 2004)
Application : Self + Spouse
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 13th July 2013
Received by HO: 15th July 2013
Date of acknowledgement : 20th July 2013(dated 16th July 2013)
Date of debit of fees: 29th July 2013(as payment was declined on 16th July - resent payment form on 20th July)
Date of approval: 06th Sep (dated 4th Sept)
Date of Ceremony: TBC
-----------------------------------------------

I had sent an email to HO, to find out update on my application since it has been more than a month since the fee was debited my account and got the reply two days later. The reply was 'no decision has been made on my application' based on this email ('no decision'), sent a follow up email to check if my application has been assigned to a casework? And got a reply two day later saying "Your case is still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker".

I wonder why can't they assign applications to a caseworker despite a month and despite charging such a huge fee. The service should be certainly be better then this. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any insight into working of HO?
------------------------------------------
Update - 06 Sept 13

Guys just to let you know that our application has been APPROVED dated 4th Sept. It is strange though that on 2nd Sept they told me that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker and on 4th Sep, it was approved. It seems it can be a quick process or is it because of email chases they prioritise them. Whatever the criteria, it is good news.
Best of luck to others who are waiting.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 pm

vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency (got ILR in Dec 2004)
Application : Self + Spouse
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 13th July 2013
Received by HO: 15th July 2013
Date of acknowledgement : 20th July 2013(dated 16th July 2013)
Date of debit of fees: 29th July 2013(as payment was declined on 16th July - resent payment form on 20th July)
Date of approval: 06th Sep (dated 4th Sept)
Date of Ceremony: TBC
-----------------------------------------------

I had sent an email to HO, to find out update on my application since it has been more than a month since the fee was debited my account and got the reply two days later. The reply was 'no decision has been made on my application' based on this email ('no decision'), sent a follow up email to check if my application has been assigned to a casework? And got a reply two day later saying "Your case is still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker".

I wonder why can't they assign applications to a caseworker despite a month and despite charging such a huge fee. The service should be certainly be better then this. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any insight into working of HO?
------------------------------------------
Update - 06 Sept 13

Guys just to let you know that our application has been APPROVED dated 4th Sept. It is strange though that on 2nd Sept they told me that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker and on 4th Sep, it was approved. It seems it can be a quick process or is it because of email chases they prioritise them. Whatever the criteria, it is good news.
that's pretty weird, I think the person who told you it hadn't been assigned made a mistake, so you got the letter on the 6th of Sept, dated the 4th and on the 2nd you had been told that it hadn't been assigned?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 pm

"O' Tom just pick any answer ...." :D

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Derivaz wrote:
vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:
that's pretty weird, I think the person who told you it hadn't been assigned made a mistake, so you got the letter on the 6th of Sept, dated the 4th and on the 2nd you had been told that it hadn't been assigned?
Thats just fine ... it can be assigned and approved on the very same day, usually thats what happens, unless they are doing additional checks which can consume time.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
vtiku wrote:
vtiku wrote:
Thats just fine ... it can be assigned and approved on the very same day, usually thats what happens, unless they are doing additional checks which can consume time.
how do you know they approve it in one day? If they have to check your criminal record, taxes, etc... one would think that it will take longer than 1 day....

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 pm

For obvious reasons home office do have direct access to the records if they need to check and all these basic checks you are talking about are at their finger tips ... and shouldnt take them more than 20-30 mins really ... A day is a lot of time to do a few applications ... :D

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:For obvious reasons home office do have direct access to the records if they need to check and all these basic checks you are talking about are at their finger tips ... and shouldnt take them more than 20-30 mins really ... A day is a lot of time to do a few applications ... :D
I don't know mate; I think it takes a lot longer than that, but not weeks or months as it usually takes....

I expect anything from then to be honest haha

thedude73
Newly Registered

Post by thedude73 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Received a response. I am one of those folks that did not meet the 6 month deadline for review. One of the 5 percenters that HO missed lol. Apparently, my application is still pending.

Cheers and thanks for the help/.
thedude73 wrote:I have not sent an email to the listed address but will shortly. I found this site tonight and have been trying to figure out what to do. I do not have a local MP since I am still in the USA. Is there any info that I need to include outside of name, date of application, the NCS office I used (Camden), contact info, etc? I am a bit concerned that I do not have a reference #. Should I?

Thanks for your assistance
cricinfo wrote: Have you sent an email to this email address NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? Most of the people received reply from this email address within 2 - 3 working days. As your application is more than 6 months old so you can ask help from your local MP and ask him/her to write to HO about the progress of your application.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:19 am

sunil.suneel wrote:For obvious reasons home office do have direct access to the records if they need to check and all these basic checks you are talking about are at their finger tips ... and shouldnt take them more than 20-30 mins really ... A day is a lot of time to do a few applications ... :D
Actually they do not have direct access.

According to this document:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

your PNC must be requested through another ( classified ) party.

According to another document I have posted on this form previously, the response is made available on the UKBA system within 48 hours ( as are other "routine" responses ). Other information may take longer, depending on who holds the information ( this is documented everywhere ). Also, some PNC information needs further clarification which can take weeks or months.

Rod

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 am

In all my observations on approval times on this forum, that certainly seems to be the case for 2-3 week batches of applications.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 am

rod_p wrote:

According to another document I have posted on this form previously, the response is made available on the UKBA system within 48 hours ( as are other "routine" responses ). Other information may take longer, depending on who holds the information ( this is documented everywhere ). Also, some PNC information needs further clarification which can take weeks or months.

Rod
That's what i thought; it makes sense; many of those email replies are wrong from what I read here....

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 am

rod_p wrote:
In all my observations on approval times on this forum, that certainly seems to be the case for 2-3 week batches of applications.
The very document says
"If you regularly need access to PNC as a part of your work, you can apply for Direct Access"

Also

"The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) own the PNC system and it is managed and controlled by the Home Office. ACPO have the right to withdraw the use of PNC from the Home Office if they have reason to believe it has been misused."

Also if you guys remember PNC are also checked as a part of ILR process when you go for the same day premieum processing, where it is referenced in an average turnaround of 1-2 hrs.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 am

Derivaz wrote:
rod_p wrote:

Rod
That's what i thought; it makes sense; many of those email replies are wrong from what I read here....
From all the previous experiences I agree the emails from the customer support are not to be relied upon, where in sometimes, they simply paste a vague respose without even checking the actuall status ... manytimes they have responded "not assinged to caseworker" where as the approval has been in post for a week...

j888wjp
Newly Registered

Post by j888wjp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:01 am

I just got repy from HO

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that it has been assigned to a caseworker.

Kind regards,

Is that mean i gonna get decision soon?[/b]