ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants of Tier 1 while application is in progress

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakaysar
Newly Registered

Dependants of Tier 1 while application is in progress

Post by sakaysar » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am in a tricky situation and need some expert advice. I have applied for Tier 1 (Entrepreur) in Jan 2013 while my Tier 4 visa was still valid until oct 2013. I am still waiting for a response on my entrepreneur application.

The tricky situation is that I didn't apply my 2 dependants application at the same time because they had to travel and now as my current leave to remain is about to expire so is their's. I am not sure if I will recieve a response before the expiry of my tier 4 leave to remain. I really don't know what to do in this situation. Whether I can send my dependants application now to be attached with my application. Or I have to wait until my case is decided.

I hope to hear from the honourable members with experience soon.

Regards

Sakaysar

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 am

If they are in the UK, then I think that they may make their own PBS dependant applications before their leave expires. Request that their applications are considered after yours is decided.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sakaysar
Newly Registered

Post by sakaysar » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:42 am

vinny wrote:If they are in the UK, then I think that they may make their own PBS dependant applications before their leave expires. Request that their applications are considered after yours is decided.
Hello vinny,

Thankyou for your response. I was wondering what are the rules regarding this matter. My dependant are in UK and If I send their application and request it to be attached with mine & decided accordingly then which fee will apply to them. The seprate application fee or joint application fee. Sounds more complicated now? :( it is indeed.

Also would I have to show maintainence for all of us or only dependants this time?

Thanks

M.R252

Post by M.R252 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 am

i am in the same situation my friend , i think u should apply for your dependent visa before the expiry of their current visa , it will be acceptable, its my personal advice because when i applied, my thinking was the same and i m waiting last ten months..........................

Regards

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Dependants of Tier 1 while application is in progress

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:40 am

sakaysar wrote:Hello everyone,

I am in a tricky situation and need some expert advice. I have applied for Tier 1 (Entrepreur) in Jan 2013 while my Tier 4 visa was still valid until oct 2013. I am still waiting for a response on my entrepreneur application.

The tricky situation is that I didn't apply my 2 dependants application at the same time because they had to travel and now as my current leave to remain is about to expire so is their's. I am not sure if I will recieve a response before the expiry of my tier 4 leave to remain. I really don't know what to do in this situation. Whether I can send my dependants application now to be attached with my application. Or I have to wait until my case is decided.

I hope to hear from the honourable members with experience soon.

Regards

Sakaysar

You should submit your dependants application before their current visa expires as not doing so will make them to be classed as having ''overstayed'' and this will have a devastating effect on their future application as they will be automatically refused if they overstayed by more than 28days.

Their application will also be classed as separate as they will be submitting after your own application have been submitted, so they will have to pay the fee for separate application.

But make sure you put your case reference no on the envelope of their application to make it easy for the caseworker to include their application in your file, but their application will only be considered after yours has being determine as their visa is dependent on you.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.