ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

New Naturalization Application applied Mid July 2013

Post by 110 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Have applied for Naturalization Mid July 2013, Got the first acknowledgement after 2 weeks saying, they have received the application and the fees, however they have not processed it or done any checks at the moment to see if the application meets the statutory requirements, after that have not heard anything from them, my understanding was just a few months ago a friend of mine applied and he got a letter after 2 weeks of initial application saying they have received the application and it has been processed to the 2nd stage. Seems the process now has changed.

Has anyone recently made a new application ? if so how long did it take them to send the 2nd letter saying that the application meets the statutory req and is in process now or is in the 2nd stage ?

Many thanks

meldives
Newly Registered

Post by meldives » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 pm

I sent my application in on the 15th Aug and have not yet received an acknowledgement of any form. My application was based on 5yrs on Stamp 1. Hopefully an acknowledgement turns up in the post this week. I used a postal order to pay the E175. Wish I had used a personal cheque...at least I could see then if it had been cashed!

courny

Post by courny » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:12 pm

meldives wrote:I sent my application in on the 15th Aug and have not yet received an acknowledgement of any form. My application was based on 5yrs on Stamp 1. Hopefully an acknowledgement turns up in the post this week. I used a postal order to pay the E175. Wish I had used a personal cheque...at least I could see then if it had been cashed!
dont worry be patient.
i didnt get acknowledgment for almost 3 months. appled nov 2011 ack end of jan 2012
but these days things are moving alot faster

=peterpan=
Newly Registered

Re: New Naturalization Application applied Mid July 2013

Post by =peterpan= » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 am

110 wrote:
Has anyone recently made a new application ? if so how long did it take them to send the 2nd letter saying that the application meets the statutory req and is in process now or is in the 2nd stage ?

Many thanks
Application based on EU citizen for >5 yrs; 5 yrs residence in Ireland

Application received by INIS: 21 June 2013
1st Acknowledgement letter dated: 2 July 2013
Second stage letter dated: 12 August 2013

Nothing since

Post by 110 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 am

=peterpan= wrote:
110 wrote:

Many thanks
Application based on EU citizen for >5 yrs; 5 yrs residence in Ireland

Application received by INIS: 21 June 2013
1st Acknowledgement letter dated: 2 July 2013
Second stage letter dated: 12 August 2013

Nothing since
So from 1st stage to 2nd, round about 6 weeks. Many thanks for replying

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,

I lodged my application back in Nov 2011. Got acknowledgement in March 2012 . Got 2nd stage letter in Aug 2012 .

Got email reply today "Your application continues to be processed .... "

Initially I was on ICT working visa from 2006 to 2010 then changed it to 4EUFAM in 2010, I have 1 baby since 2012
I had 2,2 penalty points which was cleared well before i lodged the
application in Nov 2011. No other conviction of any sort.

Looks like i am stuck in stage 2 .
Does my case looks complex ?
Is there anyway to know why its taking too long ? :(

Many Thanks in advance for reply.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks to god the long wait is over!

I got my approval today, I am over the moon and cannot be happier
I wish the best of luck to all those waiting I am sure everyone will hear some good news soon.
Thanks to everyone who helped with advice on this forum .

Alan shatter you legend :D

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:17 pm

110 wrote:Hi Guys,

Have applied for Naturalization Mid July 2013, Got the first acknowledgement after 2 weeks saying, they have received the application and the fees, however they have not processed it or done any checks at the moment to see if the application meets the statutory requirements, after that have not heard anything from them, my understanding was just a few months ago a friend of mine applied and he got a letter after 2 weeks of initial application saying they have received the application and it has been processed to the 2nd stage. Seems the process now has changed.

Many thanks

My spouse has send her application in end of June 2013 and she got an acknowledgement letter after few weeks saying that her application is not fully examined yet. we send email yesterday and got the same reply.

Is it normal to them to hold the application with initial processing team for such a long time? i know someone who applied around same time but got acknowledgement and confirmation to second stage in same letter after few weeks.

Post by 110 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:03 pm

desibuddy wrote:

Many thanks

My spouse has send her application in end of June 2013 and she got an acknowledgement letter after few weeks saying that her application is not fully examined yet. we send email yesterday and got the same reply.

Is it normal to them to hold the application with initial processing team for such a long time? i know someone who applied around same time but got acknowledgement and confirmation to second stage in same letter after few weeks.
Yes, it seems they have changed the process from 1 letter down to 2 letters very recently. Folks I know who applied in April/May got both acknowledgement & processed to the 2nd stage in the same letter. From the people who replied to my initial posts it seems it takes round about 6 weeks for the 2nd stage letter to arrive.

Post by 110 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

desibuddy wrote:

Many thanks

Yes, it seems they have changed the process from 1 letter down to 2 letters very recently. Folks I know who applied in April/May got both acknowledgement & processed to the 2nd stage in the same letter. From the people who replied to my initial posts it seems it takes round about 6 weeks for the 2nd stage letter to arrive.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 pm

its the same process they received your file but they did't open or checked your file yet..... its normal don't worry
110 wrote:
desibuddy wrote:

Many thanks

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Dubin 8 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 am

They are changing the way they use to deal with applicants (not sure) ,but I have been looking at the other applicants post , usually the acknowledgement and second stage letter come in once, now its seem like there is 2 to 3 months gap between them.

(maybe this only apply to the spouse of an irish citizen)

Well let's see what the experts in this site say!

Application Basis: 3 yrs spouse of Irish citizen
Application Date:11th July 2013
1st Acknowledgment Date: 17th July 2013 (your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place )
2nd Acknowledgment Date:
Letter of approval Date:
Documents submitted Date:
Invitation letter Date:
Ceremony Date:
Last edited by Dubin 8 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KING007
Newly Registered

Please Help me!!

Post by KING007 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 pm

dear all forum memebers/experts.
I applied for Irish naturalistaion on 14th of august 2013. today i received a letter from the initial processing team and they are looking for a "letter of Reckonable Residence" from GNIB 13/14 Burgh Quay. I would need it to send it to them within 28 days, or else they will decline my application.
could somebody help me to know if it is easy to get it from GNIB and how should i get it from them? Has anyone on the forum is also been asked the same from naturalistaion department & if so what steps they took to get it in time?
Please answer me in detail ..
many thanks to all of you in advance.

KING007
Newly Registered

Please Help me!!

Post by KING007 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:56 pm

dear all forum memebers/experts.
I applied for Irish naturalistaion on 14th of august 2013. today i received a letter from the initial processing team and they are looking for a "letter of Reckonable Residence" from GNIB 13/14 Burgh Quay. I would need it to send it to them within 28 days, or else they will decline my application.
could somebody help me to know if it is easy to get it from GNIB and how should i get it from them? Has anyone on the forum is also been asked the same from naturalistaion department & if so what steps they took to get it in time?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Please Help me!!

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 pm

KING007 wrote:dear all forum memebers/experts.
Easy with the reposts!. I've sent you a PM.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi,

I am stuck in stage 2 since AUG 2012
Is there any way to know why its taking that long ?

Thanks in advance.

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:15 pm

afan wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.
my wife applied in Dec 2011, second stage since Oct 2012, nothing since that time :(
no convection or any thing, just waiting

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am

immigrant411 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
my wife applied in Dec 2011, second stage since Oct 2012, nothing since that time :(
My wife got email reply saying she is in advanced stage now. looks there is a progress finally :)

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 pm

hi everyone...i was searching on google for next ceremoney and i foound in october...link is here...http://newcommunities.ie/news/

aalazzani

3 vs 5 year application for spouse of NATURALIZED citizen

Post by aalazzani » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I saw some posts that say that successful citizenship applications were made where applicant is a Spouse of Irish citizen (and spouse is recently Naturalized him/herself).

First, I want to know if such (3 year) applications where the spouse is recently naturalized are viable at all?

Second, if the applicant meet both the criteria for the (5 year residency) and the (3 year of naturalized spouse), is there any recommendation in wich way to go especially in reference of processing time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Hey guys..

Me and my dad both got our approvals in August 2013.. we paid the 950 and they told us today that they are just finalizing our application and we are most likely scheduled to attend the 21st of October ceremony as the invitations will be sent out in due course :) hope those who were approved recently will attend that ceremony too! And best of luck to everyone else still waiting! :)

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:58 pm

immigrant411 wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
My wife got email reply saying she is in advanced stage now. looks there is a progress finally :)
I hope we will congratulate you soon!

How frequently do you email them? I sent two emails so far, and I'm afraid I'd piss someone off if I emailed too often.

Soco

Post by Soco » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:06 am

Kinto wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

How frequently do you email them? I sent two emails so far, and I'm afraid I'd piss someone off if I emailed too often.

I applied Feb 12. Work permit and hosting agreement. Now I am on Stamp 4 and I do have long term residency.( LTR).

I did change jobs last July and now start a new job in Dublin.
Never been in Grade or convicted but in 2002 I did over stay in UK ONE DAY on my Visa and gave letter I was giving Temporary permission,that was my only offence and I always have UK visa with no problem.

I email still same copy and past Spammy Spammer.

All the best

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 am

Kinto wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kinto, I email them once every month, I think that is normal and dont think they have time to check how many times you email them, unless it is daily and everyone there knows your name...

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 am

Hi,,,Anybody get approval or email reply or callsssssss????????
we sould get approvals as new citizenship ceremoney has been annouced 21 october 2013.........best of luck for those who r waiting .......