ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from PSW to Tier 2 English Language Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PriyamMaheshwari
Newly Registered

Switch from PSW to Tier 2 English Language Requirement

Post by PriyamMaheshwari » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi,

I am switching from Post study work visa to Tier 2. On UKBA website it says the following but it doesn't mention Post study work visa. So do i need to submit evidence? My UK degree doesn't mention that my course was in English, can I still submit it?
You will meet the English language requirement automatically and score points without having to send further evidence if:

you have previously been given permission to stay under Tier 1 (General) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), or as a businessperson, a work permit holder, a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline, or a Jewish agency employee;
you were given permission to stay under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme after 7 November 2006;
you were given permission to stay in the past under Tier 2, have already given us evidence that you meet the Tier 2 English language requirement, and are applying to extend your stay;
you are applying because you have changed jobs, and you have already given us evidence that you meet the Tier 2 English language requirement; or
you are applying because you have changed jobs, and you have been given permission to stay in the past as a minister of religion on or after 23 August 2004.
[/list]

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 am

read Part 6 of the T2 policy guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf