ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One way ticket to Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

One way ticket to Dublin

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:23 am

My husbands Irish visa, in the 'duration' section has 'XX' in it, which I gather means no fixed period of stay. Can he travel from Pakistan to Ireland on a one way flight ticket? Pakistani passport holders with visas are very much strutinized in airports, and sometimes return tickets are demanded by officials. Husband was srutinized during his Dubai layover between Pakistan and France and he was asked to show a return ticket, but his visa was for a fixed duration. This Irish one isnt. I am booking his flight soon, so I want to make sure!

Thank you :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:55 pm

You have to give more details about the visa and be very specific. What type Visa was issued to him? And under what circumstance did he applied for the visa?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:52 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:You have to give more details about the visa and be very specific. What type Visa was issued to him? And under what circumstance did he applied for the visa?
Hi there,
Even though we applied for a D visa, he got a C visa stamped with 'Spouse of EU B/O' and there is no validity period on it. He applied as a spouse of an EU citizen, under the free movement regulations (directive 2004\38\EC)

Thanks!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Airlines usually check visas and some have restrictions to let visa nationals travel on a one way ticket. Usually if they have such policy they require a multi-entry visa with a a minimum duration left on the period of validity. You can double check with your airline.

Other than that he will definitely not have issues to enter Ireland, and I don't think he will have issues in transit. The embassy might have issued a letter with his visa explaining he is approved to join you in Ireland. If he has this, he can carry this as a proof that he is allowed to go settle in Ireland to be extra safe.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 pm

SRAQAI wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:You have to give more details about the visa and be very specific. What type Visa was issued to him? And under what circumstance did he applied for the visa?
Hi there,
Even though we applied for a D visa, he got a C visa stamped with 'Spouse of EU B/O' and there is no validity period on it. He applied as a spouse of an EU citizen, under the free movement regulations (directive 2004\38\EC)

Thanks!
He'll be just fine travelling with one way ticket since he is not expecting to return. His visa proves that. No need to get a return ticket.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
He'll be just fine travelling with one way ticket since he is not expecting to return. His visa proves that. No need to get a return ticket.
Thanks a lot. I am just concerned with airline staff and airport officials. The visa says valid from 26th August 2013 until 25th N9vember 2013 - signifying, I assume the length of time he has to enter Ireland. Underneath that, next to 'number of days', it says 'XX'. Is it on this basis, that airline and airport will know that he doesnt require a return ticket?

When my husband had a schengan visa, under the same freedom of movement, France had illegally stated number of days on his visa as 15, requiring him to show evidence of return ticket to the Airport officials, when he was in transit, but I am not sure if it was only for this reason. This was even though the visa was stamped with 'family member of eea citizen'.

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59 pm

My husband just got one way ticket, at the moment he is transit and flying to Ireland today, so far no problems whatsoever.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:10 pm

meleryan wrote:My husband just got one way ticket, at the moment he is transit and flying to Ireland today, so far no problems whatsoever.
Good to hear he is finally one the way ;-)

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 pm

meleryan wrote:My husband just got one way ticket, at the moment he is transit and flying to Ireland today, so far no problems whatsoever.
Thats good to know :)

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:29 am

When he arrived to Dublin the border control officer ask one question: can you tell me please what is the address of your wife?
He only knew; Dublin 9, and got very stressed out and tried to open the bag to find the address but man said it is ok, really it was easy

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm

meleryan wrote:When he arrived to Dublin the border control officer ask one question: can you tell me please what is the address of your wife?
He only knew; Dublin 9, and got very stressed out and tried to open the bag to find the address but man said it is ok, really it was easy
Oh gosh, I dont have a permanent address yet! Im hoping my hubby wont get asked many questions! He will be stuck without me, his english is not that great!!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 am

SRAQAI wrote:
meleryan wrote:When he arrived to Dublin the border control officer ask one question: can you tell me please what is the address of your wife?
Oh gosh, I dont have a permanent address yet! Im hoping my hubby wont get asked many questions! He will be stuck without me, his english is not that great!!
Is it that difficult to tell him the address that you're currently living in prior to his coming?? :?

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:55 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:
Is it that difficult to tell him the address that you're currently living in prior to his coming?? :?
hahaha, no im sure it will be fine, but im still looking for longer term accomodation!

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 am

I think it is just matter of knowing wife whereabouts, I did hear that the husband of the girl that I know was asked only: first time in Ireland? he answered: yes and border control clerk said: enjoy and that is all.
I dont expect that they are grilling people at the airport :))

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm

meleryan wrote:I think it is just matter of knowing wife whereabouts, I did hear that the husband of the girl that I know was asked only: first time in Ireland? he answered: yes and border control clerk said: enjoy and that is all.
I dont expect that they are grilling people at the airport :))
Im sure it will be fine :)

philfuntee
Newly Registered

Re: One way ticket to Dublin

Post by philfuntee » Wed May 04, 2016 11:45 am

I just got a D visa as Spouse of Irish citizen and 3 months duration was specified on the visa. My application was to join spouse in Ireland. Now I'm having difficulty with the airline on the one way ticket option which I considered appropriate in my case seeing I have told the embassy I'm joining family as a support system.

I understand I would have to visit the GNIB once I get to Ireland to register as I am considering staying longer than 90 days in Ireland. My concern basically is why I have to get a two way ticket when I am definitely not sure as to when I would be returning and it was for the purpose of joining spouse that the visa was issued.

Member of Standing

Re:

Post by member » Wed May 04, 2016 12:18 pm

SRAQAI wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks!
Just wonder what O/B stands for.