ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian dependents of British citizens

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lampost
Newly Registered

Indian dependents of British citizens

Post by lampost » Sun May 27, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi Folks
I have recently acquired my british passport. My mother lives in India and father died recently. Can my mother come and stay with me for good or will she have to continuosly keep going backward and forward if she wishes to stay with me.

thanks in advance.

LP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Indian dependents of British citizens

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 27, 2007 4:50 pm

lampost wrote:Hi Folks
I have recently acquired my british passport. My mother lives in India and father died recently. Can my mother come and stay with me for good or will she have to continuosly keep going backward and forward if she wishes to stay with me.

thanks in advance.

LP
Have you bothered to search the board for this subject - it comes up often.

lampost
Newly Registered

Post by lampost » Mon May 28, 2007 2:55 pm

it would be helpful if you could give me the name of the thread.
Thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon May 28, 2007 3:06 pm

Use the search keyword function

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:09 pm

is there any TAG type function for this forum? ie people can tag keywords to different threads accordingly and then use them to search upon.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:21 pm

sreeni wrote:is there any TAG type function for this forum? ie people can tag keywords to different threads accordingly and then use them to search upon.
Try something like dependents or mother/father, old, lonely, alone. That should work! (not trying to offend, but posters do actually use these words!)
Or go to UKvisas and look through the "can my parents join me?" section, they have lots of info there.