ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Medical Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinayunited

Comprehensive Medical Insurance

Post by vinayunited » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I intend to apply for my EEA2 next month. I called up WPA to get a quote for my wife. They informed me that they do not have an comprehensive health insurance package for students. Is there any other company which might be able to provide CSI for students and which is not too expensive. Another thing she has being in this country full time only for the past twelve months. Would that make a difference ?

Any suggestions on companies previously used and accepted by the HO fr students would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Zabeth
Newly Registered

Post by Zabeth » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:44 am

Hi,
I don't understand their answer. I have a subscribed to student health insurance from WPA very recently. (I don't know yet if mine will be accepted by the UKBA)
They require to have been registered for at least 6 months with a GP's surgery. So it should have been ok for your wife..
KR

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Comprehensive Medical Insurance

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:20 am

WPA is the Best. They cover majority

Comprehensive according to Home Office : ( cover majority but not everything )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am

Would that be the essential, the elite or the premium one. The excess of each is different.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:08 am

vinayunited wrote:Would that be the essential, the elite or the premium one. The excess of each is different.
majority of their customers only with them because of Home office rules that's what an advisor told me and 90% never claim anything. If you have spoken to anyone they will tell you which one majority choose

Did they actually said that to you their health insurance is not comprehensive ?
so what is comprehensive then? Comprehensive mean it cover majority but not everything.

to be honest even XS Health Insurance is more then enough

it cover almost everything

http://www.wpa.org.uk/products/student- ... efits.aspx

It was designed for students but anyone can apply

if you thinking other option I would suggest : Premier
Last edited by askmeplz82 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:14 am

vinayunited wrote:Hi All,

I intend to apply for my EEA2 next month. I called up WPA to get a quote for my wife. They informed me that they do not have an comprehensive health insurance package for students. Is there any other company which might be able to provide CSI for students and which is not too expensive. Another thing she has being in this country full time only for the past twelve months. Would that make a difference ?

Any suggestions on companies previously used and accepted by the HO fr students would be most appreciated.

Thanks
I have CSI from Aviva paying £12 per month only £144 a year, already got RC, home office rejected this CSI but Tribunal allowed my appeal.

BIL

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

bil123 wrote:

Thanks
I have CSI from Aviva paying £12 per month only £144 a year, already got RC, home office rejected this CSI but Tribunal allowed my appeal.

BIL

which one was it ? £12 that's so cheap

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:20 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
bil123 wrote:

Thanks

BIL

which one was it ? £12 that's so cheap
"AViva Healthier solutions " covers maximum but none of their documents says its comprehensive but it satisfies the HO requirement.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

There is no list of csi plans/companies which policies UKBA will accept except a guideline that the policy must provide cover in majority of circumstances. Usually pre-existing/chronic diseases are always excluded and inpatient treatment most often is unlimited for a reasonable priced plan while outpatient treatement always have limits. Therefore, regardless of health plan from regardless of company providing treatment in majority of cases will be sufficient.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks
change in the sequence, has she been working at all or just a student?
because if she works while studying, then you don't need insurance for her!

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:35 pm

She has been working over the past three months during her holidays but she will stop that when university starts again next month. So i have to apply as a student rather than as a worker.

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:41 pm

If I apply for an EEA2 because my wife is a student, would that mean that I will get my RC only for the time of her course. She is in the second year of her three year course.

Also if I am a working individual do I need to be covered under Insurance or does it have to be just my student wife who needs it.

vinny

Re: EEA2 Student and Insurance

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:41 pm

If I apply for an EEA2 because my wife is a student, would that mean that I will get my RC only for the time of her course. She is in the second year of her three year course.

Also if I am a working individual do I need to be covered under Insurance or does it have to be just my student wife who needs it.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:06 pm

vinayunited wrote:If I apply for an EEA2 because my wife is a student, would that mean that I will get my RC only for the time of her course. She is in the second year of her three year course.

RC is always 5 years. Your EEA national family member need to exercising treaty right as student or working

if student then you both need health insurance

What you do is not required by the Home office. You can be sitting at home or working

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:18 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:RC is always 5 years.
Not entirely correct. It can be for less than 5 years depending on the circumstances. In practice, even for a student family member it is normally 5 years.
If student, just the student needs health insurance. The family member doesn't need one.

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Thank you Jambo. Is there any circumstances in the future that I might need to have insurance as well. For example if I lose my job.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Jambo wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:RC is always 5 years.
Not entirely correct. It can be for less than 5 years depending on the circumstances. In practice, even for a student family member it is normally 5 years.
If student, just the student needs health insurance. The family member doesn't need one.
thanks for correction. So it's only in self sufficient EU / NON EU need to have health insurance then ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:thanks for correction. So it's only in self sufficient EU / NON EU need to have health insurance then ?
Correct.