ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa requirements for non EU spouse of UK citizen in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa requirements for non EU spouse of UK citizen in Ireland

Post by deep_love » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi, just want to ask about residence visa requirements for non EU spouse of UK citizen in Ireland...
How long I have to be married?
Financial requirements?
What documents need?
Visa processing times?
Am I have to work?
Thanks...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 am

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deep_love » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 am

I just want to make it clear my wife is in Turkey and I want to bring her in Ireland...

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Have a look at the links provided by chaoclive, and you can also search for "EUTR", "Treaty Rights", or "EUFAM" on this forum ... plenty of topics with all the information.

In summary ... no minimum duration to be married, no financial requirement, but for her to secure a residence card you will need to be working or a student within 3 months of arriving in Ireland (ie exercising EU treaty rights).

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 pm

It is simple.

She needs her passport, your passport and an original marriage certificate. She can apply for a visa if she is from a visa required country, with a letter stating that her EU citizen spouse intends to travel to Ireland to look for work, and she wishes to travel with him (or to join him, if she is travelling from Turkey and you from the UK).

Then the visa is free and she should have it within two months or less. She will be given a short temp visa to allow you to get a job.

Then you both travel to Ireland and the easiest thing is for you to get a job within three months. then she takes your payslip as proof to show that you are an EU migrant worker and she gets a 5 year stamp for Ireland.

It is advised that you both get a pps number as soon as possible after you arrive in Ireland.

There is no financial requirement and there is no length of marriage required, just a valid marriage certificate. You do need to get a job within three months, but it does not need to be well paid.
BL