ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant Visa related

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

userib12345
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependant Visa related

Post by userib12345 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Dear All,
I have recently (mid-august 2012) moved to UK as a PBS Tier 2 General migrant. I could not bring my wife back then as she did not have a passport. Now I plan to bring her over here. Some of the question in the online form for Tier 2 General Partner is confusing. As of now, she is unemployed. Can anyone help me with these quetions?

(1) What is the main applicant's normal country of residence?

I have come here to work for 3 years, hence according to HMRC
website I am considered resident of UK for tax purpose. However,
the term 'normal country of residence' is confusing. Should it
be UK or India? I am an Indian citizen and move to UK in mid-august.

(3) Do you receive from any other sources, including friends or family?
If my wife depends on her husband (me), should the answer be
yes? Or does not it exclude me as I am the main applicant here?
(4) Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for
example‚ from stocks and shares?
Even though she has some savings etc, it is not a source of
regular income. So should it be yes/no? If the answer is yes, the form says "Please give details". What details/documents/evidence needs to be provided here?

(5) How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?

Again, does it mean that the total monthly spending of the family ( my wife and me )? We do not have any kids. Besides, she does not have any income of her own as of now as she is unemployed.

(6) Are there sufficient funds to support you and any other
dependants? Does it refer to the funds for maintenance requirement (£600), or for the entire duration of her stay here? My salary is sufficient for both of us (£29000+ per annum) to live here comfortably. I also have rented 2BHK accommodation. So there is sufficient space available as well.

(7) Please state the amount of money available and total
number of dependants.

Again, the amount of all her money or just sufficient money (£600) to be stated here? She does not have any dependants so I guess the number of dependants would be 0 here.

Also, what documents needs to be provided for her application. I am planning to send following documents.

(1) Marriage certificate
(2) A few photographs of wedding ceremony
(3) My employment contract
(4) My tenancy agreement
(5) My wife's savings bank account statement.

Does anything else have to be attached? Since I have joined in mid-august, my payslip obviously only mentions half of my monthly salary (after tax/NI deductions). Hence, I am not planning to send my payslip. Also, my UK bank account is very recent (mid-august) so I feel there is no point is sending statement from UK bank account either. In my wife's savings account sufficient funds have been available (£600+) for more than 3 months.

Any advice, help pointers in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:05 am

Hi there
Here are the answers
1) uk
3) yes
4) yes provide bank statements
5) none
6) yes dependant needs to show 1800+900 check the guidance since u ve been here less than 12 months u might need to show full maintenance. If u ve A rated sponsor they can specify maintenance.
7) state what's in the bank and wat u ve here in uk accounts
8) documents are sufficient make sure the funds are right if u don't ve wait for 3 months and apply.
Ideally I would include payslips or a letter from ur employer stating ur pay and employment details.
Best of luck
Sameer

arunmidturi
- thin ice -
India

Tier-2 dependnet_Urgent

Post by arunmidturi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 pm

HI,

I am applying for tier 2 dependent visa from india to my wife, as my company is giving the maintenance certificate for funds maintenance. still do I need to maintain money in my bank for 3 months or I can go and book an appointment for the visa.

Waiting for the reply
xxxx

squalliram
United Kingdom

Need help!

Post by squalliram » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 am

Hello,

I am planning to apply for my wife's visa as well as a Tier-2 General dependant. I am currently sponsored by my employer but I have shown my own maintenance funds when I applied for my visa. Do I have to do the same for my wife as well? If so, how much amount do I have to show as maintenance funds? I have checked the ukba website and it just says maintain the amount for three months but they haven't given how much amount. Also, could someone please link me to the documents required page for tier-2 general dependant visa page? I am planning to make an online application from Saudi Arabia. How different is online application to that of a paper application? Can someone highlight me on the procedure? Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers.