ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk visiting visa application query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abcd1234
Newly Registered

Uk visiting visa application query

Post by abcd1234 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi,
I hold valid tier 1 visa and want to bring my mother to visit my family, as I don't have ILR so which form is applicable is it Vaf1a gerneralvusitor or vaf1b?
Family visitor
Please advise me

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:27 pm

General visit, but whether or not a paper application form can be used depends on her location. The online system does not use that coding for a general visit visa.

abcd1234
Newly Registered

Post by abcd1234 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks indeed for your kind reply

May i ask you that can fill the online application on behalf of my mother.

I am sending my bank statements and rental agreeements, and is still my mother need to put some money in her bank account and show the statements

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:47 pm

She does not need to put money in her account for this particular visit. You are her financial sponsor and will show that you can cover her costs while in the UK. However, it's not just about finances; even if you were very wealthy, she still needs to show her own social and economic ties to her home, so providing her historical bank statements or evidence of how she supports herself, and any property or assets held is a good idea.