ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandni2013
Newly Registered

Need Help

Post by chandni2013 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi!

I am new to this site and just read some good news here so congratulations to all who's leave is granted.I also wish good luck to people who are waiting.

I have a rare case:

I have been robbed by ukimmigration.com they have charged me £3000 pound and they have only sent a single page supporting document and did not include any evidences I sent to them so the result was a refusal.This company is now went to insolvency and I need to wait for 3 months to get my documents back.(It is now already 1month since I send a request for docs).

I came to this country in Sept 2001 and I was a student till March 2009,

I have applied for a PSW visa in March 2009 and it has been rejected on 21st Dec 2009 for 320(7B),I went to an appeal which was rejected in the lower tribunal on 14th July 2011 and I applied for FLR(O) on 28th July 2011 and it has been rejected in Sept 2011,However I have sent them a reconsideration requert 10 days from receiving the letter from HO in Sept 2011 and since that date I am waiting for the reconsideration respose from HO till to date.

I am highly stressed and my wife is also mentally disturbed now hence we wanted to explore our options for our immigration status to be regularised.

1.We applied our FLR O due to a liver failure of my son who was born on 18th Feb 2011 and liver failed on 28th Feb 2011 (After 10days from birth) doctors were suceed to save him but wanted a close monitor on him for 2 years.
2.The survival of kids was very rare on these circumstances hence they have used a new technique of "Liver Cells" and it has worked for my son first time in the world.There is a BBC recording online to prove this matter.
3.My wife has started an Ebay business just to kill her time but luckily it is now helping us to survive so we are not working for any compnay but our own.We are not claiming any benifits and paying some Corporation Tax and VAT as well just like a normal compnay.

We wanted to try few options:

1.Is it possible to apply for an ILR (10Yrs) as I have lived in this country for 12 Yrs continuosly or 320(7B) will stop me doing this??
2.Is it wise to re-apply for the FLR(O)? As we are now paying some taxes and never claimed any benifits and we have agreat scope to expand our business and we can create some employment as well.
3.If we manage to show funds can we apply for an "entrepreneur visa"? Is it worth making the effort? Do I stand a chance??
4.If I apply for a student visa do I have a better chance to regularise my visa and later I may convert it into some other category?

I am badly in need of your help,I know you guys have much more experience and knowledge than many dummy solicitos on the high street.I lost £3000 and I cannot afford to do another mistake.

Please help me,Please let me know what are my best options so that I can proceed further.

Many thanks for your time.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="Shondra Sharma"]Good afternoon forum, in my case they saying we might grant your child under child lived in uk 7 or more years category but parents don't have any sort of leave. Hello home office If I have a some sort of leave, I can extend my leave why should I worry? Whose for this rule then? can anyone explain, my child born here in uk and never gone back my country and nearly 10 years old, and got refused and home office saying my child can go back with me and mywife, oh god my child doesn't know about my country, she only know uk, England, London, and british culture, How can I send her back? oh god help me out.[/quote]

The fact that the child has spent 7 years in the UK is not an automatic ticket for leave to remain. One still needs to state the fact that in the child's interest and development, the child is better off where he/ she is settled and that uprooting the child from a society he/she has come to understand and acknowledge may cause negative impact on the child's development on the long run. A separation of the child from the parent/ family will inevitably lead to dire consequences for the family's well being. Children who grow up with their family in a stable environment turnout better on the long run.[/quote]

That means Children who hasn`t born in the UK and parents who have no leave to remain when application proceeds, no hope to regularize at all, ( according to ex1. as well)

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 pm

shareen24h
"That means Children who hasn`t born in the UK and parents who have no leave to remain when application proceeds, no hope to regularize at all, ( according to ex1. as well"- NO. I understand what you mean. This seems to be the outcome of some of the decisions, however, we have seen other people been granted on the same rule. It could depend on many things which has been deliberated upon extensively by many members of the this forum.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: Help!!! detention deportation!!

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 pm

progeny5kay wrote:Please everyone I really need your help!! I have a friend who was given EEA family member resident permit 5 years in 2010 based on cohabiting with his Lithuania girlfriend back then but they are not together anymore since 2011 and the girl is in USA now. My friend travelled to his home country in Africa this year as he was coming back to the UK he was stopped and asked about his partner and he told them she just travelled to USA not wanting to go into the details of splitting up so as to not open different avenues for them to be questioning and they called the girl in USA who advised them at they are still together and that they have lived together for over 3 years but Home office did not believe her and they said they want to revoke the permit, they have since detained him for 4 months and during which he has gone for 2 appeals on the basis of the EEA relationship which he lost cos they said the EEA citizen is not here in the UK so he shouldn't be also but his lawyer advise on JR but they were forced to come clean that he was not with the EEA citizen anymore that he has a new girlfriend now who is willing to even marry him while in detention, the new girl was introduced in the JR which was refused and they lost it but now HO asked him to go voluntarily or he will be forced and he is given ultimatum till tomorrow and am expecting his lawyer to be able to appeal the deportation on the grounds of a new partner but the lawyer advised him to put in Flr (o) he has given the lawyer money for the application but he has no time what can you guys advised him to do, It is very urgent he is my good friend and we used to live together with his partner back then so i know it is genuine :(
progeny5kay- so sorry about the situation of your friend. at this stage it does not matter what type of application. All he need now is an application send to the HO in other to stop the deportation
And in my own opinion Flr o will be appropriate also at the stage he will have to mention article 8 and a good cover letter which the solicitor should be able to do. I wish him best of luck

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: Need Help

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm

chandni2013 wrote:Hi!

I am new to this site and just read some good news here so congratulations to all who's leave is granted.I also wish good luck to people who are waiting.

I have a rare case:

I have been robbed by ukimmigration.com they have charged me £3000 pound and they have only sent a single page supporting document and did not include any evidences I sent to them so the result was a refusal.This company is now went to insolvency and I need to wait for 3 months to get my documents back.(It is now already 1month since I send a request for docs).

I have applied for a PSW visa in March 2009 and it has been rejected on 21st Dec 2009 for 320(7B),I went to an appeal which was rejected in the lower tribunal on 14th July 2011 and I applied for FLR(O) on 28th July 2011 and it has been rejected in Sept 2011,However I have sent them a reconsideration requert 10 days from receiving the letter from HO in Sept 2011 and since that date I am waiting for the reconsideration respose from HO till to date.

I am highly stressed and my wife is also mentally disturbed now hence we wanted to explore our options for our immigration status to be regularised.

1.We applied our FLR O due to a liver failure of my son who was born on 18th Feb 2011 and liver failed on 28th Feb 2011 (After 10days from birth) doctors were suceed to save him but wanted a close monitor on him for 2 years.
2.The survival of kids was very rare on these circumstances hence they have used a new technique of "Liver Cells" and it has worked for my son first time in the world.There is a BBC recording online to prove this matter.
3.My wife has started an Ebay business just to kill her time but luckily it is now helping us to survive so we are not working for any compnay but our own.We are not claiming any benifits and paying some Corporation Tax and VAT as well just like a normal compnay.

1.Is it possible to apply for an ILR (10Yrs) as I have lived in this country for 12 Yrs continuosly or 320(7B) will stop me doing this??
2.Is it wise to re-apply for the FLR(O)? As we are now paying some taxes and never claimed any benifits and we have agreat scope to expand our business and we can create some employment as well.
3.If we manage to show funds can we apply for an "entrepreneur visa"? Is it worth making the effort? Do I stand a chance??
4.If I apply for a student visa do I have a better chance to regularise my visa and later I may convert it into some other category?

I am badly in need of your help,I know you guys have much more experience and knowledge than many dummy solicitos on the high street.I lost £3000 and I cannot afford to do another mistake.

Please help me,Please let me know what are my best options so that I can proceed further.

Chandi2013- so sorry to hear about your child illness. The Lord is your strength.
1. No . For you to apply for the 10 years route you have to be here legally for the whole 10years
2.yes. You can apply using flr o and using the argument of your ill child who need 24hrs care
3.yes/no yes- you can do out of country application for enterprenur visa which is £200k.
No- because you have no leave to remain and it may be difficult to get the visa even with the £200k in my own opinion. But seeking legal advice in this area may worth it if you have £200k to invest in the country.
4. No without leave to remain you can not get student visa in country
I hope others may contribute and correct where l may be wrong.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"]shareen24h
"That means Children who hasn`t born in the UK and parents who have no leave to remain when application proceeds, no hope to regularize at all, ( according to ex1. as well"- NO. I understand what you mean. This seems to be the outcome of some of the decisions, however, we have seen other people been granted on the same rule. It could depend on many things which has been deliberated upon extensively by many members of the this forum.[/quote]

@kukuwife

Thank you for your response. Yes some people got status. But the amount of refusal from last two weeks is not indicating a good sign.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:shareen24h
"That means Children who hasn`t born in the UK and parents who have no leave to remain when application proceeds, no hope to regularize at all, ( according to ex1. as well"- NO. I understand what you mean. This seems to be the outcome of some of the decisions, however, we have seen other people been granted on the same rule. It could depend on many things which has been deliberated upon extensively by many members of the this forum.
@kukuwife

Thank you for your response. Yes some people got status. But the amount of refusal from last two weeks is not indicating a good sign.
Yes you are absolutely right and that is why we shall continue to pray and put our trust in God. People that has been refused will received favourably decision either with the reconsideration letter / PAP /JR by God grace

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:Please everyone I really need your help!! I have a friend who was given EEA family member resident permit 5 years in 2010 based on cohabiting with his Lithuania girlfriend back then but they are not together anymore since 2011 and the girl is in USA now. My friend travelled to his home country in Africa this year as he was coming back to the UK he was stopped and asked about his partner and he told them she just travelled to USA not wanting to go into the details of splitting up so as to not open different avenues for them to be questioning and they called the girl in USA who advised them at they are still together and that they have lived together for over 3 years but Home office did not believe her and they said they want to revoke the permit, they have since detained him for 4 months and during which he has gone for 2 appeals on the basis of the EEA relationship which he lost cos they said the EEA citizen is not here in the UK so he shouldn't be also but his lawyer advise on JR but they were forced to come clean that he was not with the EEA citizen anymore that he has a new girlfriend now who is willing to even marry him while in detention, the new girl was introduced in the JR which was refused and they lost it but now HO asked him to go voluntarily or he will be forced and he is given ultimatum till tomorrow and am expecting his lawyer to be able to appeal the deportation on the grounds of a new partner but the lawyer advised him to put in Flr (o) he has given the lawyer money for the application but he has no time what can you guys advised him to do, It is very urgent he is my good friend and we used to live together with his partner back then so i know it is genuine :(
progeny5kay- so sorry about the situation of your friend. at this stage it does not matter what type of application. All he need now is an application send to the HO in other to stop the deportation
And in my own opinion Flr o will be appropriate also at the stage he will have to mention article 8 and a good cover letter which the solicitor should be able to do. I wish him best of luck
Thanks Kukuwife can we fill any other revocation order form while on the grounds of private life

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:35 am

If you are liable to detention and deportation - you must

If someone you know is facing imminent deportation, go straight to: 'Last resort - pass the removal date'

If you are liable to detention and deportation - you must at all times carry the following information on your person

Full name

Date of birth - (copy of birth certificate, if you can)

Home Office Reference number

Home Office Port Reference number

Same details for any family members

Phone number of your:

Solicitor including their emergency number

Your MP including their emergency number

Your doctor (if there are any persistent medical problems with any member of your family or yourself)

Numbers of any friends/support group/campaign group

A mobile phone that doesn't take photos or give access to the internet, as phones that take photos or give access to the internet will be confiscated if you are detained

You Must have a file containing all your *legal documents and left next to your front door if in stable accommodation. (If a 'snatch squad' invades your home you will be able to insist that they let you take the file.)

A copy of this file should be left with some one who is not liable to detention and is easy to contact. If detained you can phone this person and ask them to make copies and post them to yourself and others.

If homeless you must carry this file at all times.

*Documents issued by the Home Office regarding your case are your property and you are entitled to have them. If the Home Office send documents to your solicitor they are still your property; insist that the solicitor gives you copies of all correspondence from the Home Office, do not take no for an answer.

If you are reporting 'You must' inform someone you are going to sign and give them a deadline for a return call saying you have not been detained. (Best practice: someone should accompany you.)

This person should have all your details and if doesn't hear from you they should contact reporting centre/police station to find out if you have been detained.

If detained at the first opportunity ring your solicitor if you have one, your friend/supporters.

Supporters of persons liable to detention/deportation

If someone you are supporting is detained either at a reporting centre or police station, it is unlikely that you will be able to speak to him or her.

However those detained at reporting centres or police stations are usually transferred to detention centres before removal and you can ring them there.

Addresses for Immigration Removal Centres go here . . . .

Last resort - pass the removal date

If someone you know is being put on a plane today/tomorrow, Freemovement' might be able to provide practical advice as to what can be done to buy some time. We will need the following information on the family/individual:

You will have to email the details to 'No-Deportations'

so if you want to Email replace + with @

no-deportations+no-deportations.org.uk
Have removal directions been set, if yes,

Date

Time

Airline

Is the head of the family is the main/sole claimant:

Full name:

Date of birth:

Nationality:

Ethnicity if relevant:

Date they arrived in the UK:

Date they claimed asylum:

Religion if relevant:

Sexual orientation if relevant

Medical problems if relevant

Home Office references number/s

(name/date of birth, of any dependents, who are part of the claim)

If other members of the family have claims in their own right, please say who.

Very Important: If the asylum claim has been refused, 'Freemovement' need to see:

1) ICD.2599 Immigration Factual Summary

2) a copy of the Home Office 'Letter of Refusal' also called the 'determination', this is the document refusing asylum.

We must insist that the Home Office letter of refusal is sent to 'Freemomvement' in PDF format. All modern computers have the facility to scan in documents and convert them into PDF's, we will no longer accept multiple Jpegs/tiffs of documents.

(Freempvement will not be able to offer 'Signposting' until we have sight of both these documents.) Please take note the document will be 'securely destroyed' after three weeks, so make sure that you only send a copy.

Important, do not send any other documents than those requested, if you do send other documents they will be securely destroyed unread.

Have you got a solicitor, if yes, name, address, what they are doing
Where you live in the UK, (full postal address and post code)

Are you supported by NASS

If you have been in detention, where and for how long

Short piece on why you came to the UK

Short piece on your life in the UK

Short piece on why you have lost the asylum claim

Short piece on why the Home Office want to remove you

Short piece on why you want to stay in the UK

Date of removal if known

Are you working, (if yes, where and for whom)

Are you a member of a trade union, "if yes, name, branch and contact details of the union"

Have you any relations already in the UK

Have you any friends in the UK

Are you a member of a faith group, ( if yes, do you attend services)

Have you informed your MP, (if yes, what has been their response)

Any other information you think might be relevant

Reply soonest,

John O for 'Freemovement'

Please do include your own contact details:

Email address:

Telephone:

Mobile:
It is well

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 am

Progeny5kay- revocation order form will be applicable if your friend has been issued with deportation order. Submittion of an application is to buy him time. He need a solicitor/ barrister urgently. Kindly have a Look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part13/

bobby04
Newly Registered

Post by bobby04 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:21 am

@Chandni2013
Sorry about your child's ill health. I pray you will come out brillianly IJN
I believe Kukuwife has graciouly dealt with your request. However, there is still room for gurus on the forum to offer one or two pieces of advice.

Best of luck

verbina
Russia

Re: Need Help

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:04 am

chandni2013 wrote:Hi!

I have a rare case:

@chandi2013

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Im very sorry to hear about your childs health problem.

With regards to everything else, @kukuwife gave you a perfect and adequate advice. Although I think you may benefit from visiting a local Citizen Advice Bureau. Not only do they provide immigration guidance free of charge, they can also look into your dispute with 'ukimmigration.com solicitors' and perhaps advise you on getting some form of compensation.

As you say your child suffers from a very serious condition and the type of treatment available is pretty revolutionary so it may not be available in your home country. Besides local doctors confirmed that they want to keep a close eye on your child for the next 2 years. So this is the evidence you need to submit to HO. Along with the BBC findings.

But as I say, first port of call should be a local CAB office. Good luck
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

justiceforme
Newly Registered

Post by justiceforme » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:19 am

Many thanks astro123

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="shareen24h"][quote="Kukuwife"]shareen24h
"That means Children who hasn`t born in the UK and parents who have no leave to remain when application proceeds, no hope to regularize at all, ( according to ex1. as well"- NO. I understand what you mean. This seems to be the outcome of some of the decisions, however, we have seen other people been granted on the same rule. It could depend on many things which has been deliberated upon extensively by many members of the this forum.[/quote]

@kukuwife

Thank you for your response. Yes some people got status. But the amount of refusal from last two weeks is not indicating a good sign.[/quote]

Yes you are absolutely right and that is why we shall continue to pray and put our trust in God. People that has been refused will received favourably decision either with the reconsideration letter / PAP /JR by God grace[/quote]

@kukuwife

God has supreme power to settle any thing and no one can argue. Meantime forum has lost its normal spirit after consecutive refusal.

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Good Afternoon dear friend!..First of all, Glory be to God! for the good news!. My lawyer has just informed me that my Biometric card has arrived, they are waiting for my passport and other doc to come, my FLR(O) has been granted!..after 13 months! Dapsonlee!, its time to pop that "Rose"..Yummymummy3j..Verbina..Believe2013..DP..Summer2013..and everyone on this forum..thank u for your advice..support, and words of wisdom. Congrats! to all that have been granted, and to everyone that's waiting, God will favour u!..and u shall all receive good news soon!..and to those that've been refused, there shall be a turn of event in your favour !

Persistence overcomes Resistance!
pt

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 pm

poketoholo wrote:Good Afternoon dear friend!..First of all, Glory be to God! for the good news!. My lawyer has just informed me that my Biometric card has arrived, they are waiting for my passport and other doc to come, my FLR(O) has been granted!..after 13 months! Dapsonlee!, its time to pop that "Rose"..Yummymummy3j..Verbina..Believe2013..DP..Summer2013..and everyone on this forum..thank u for your advice..support, and words of wisdom. Congrats! to all that have been granted, and to everyone that's waiting, God will favour u!..and u shall all receive good news soon!..and to those that've been refused, there shall be a turn of event in your favour !

Congratulation mate!!!!!!! Enjoy your freedom.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:23 pm

poketoholo wrote:Good Afternoon dear friend!..First of all, Glory be to God! for the good news!. My lawyer has just informed me that my Biometric card has arrived, they are waiting for my passport and other doc to come, my FLR(O) has been granted!..after 13 months! Dapsonlee!, its time to pop that "Rose"..Yummymummy3j..Verbina..Believe2013..DP..Summer2013..and everyone on this forum..thank u for your advice..support, and words of wisdom. Congrats! to all that have been granted, and to everyone that's waiting, God will favour u!..and u shall all receive good news soon!..and to those that've been refused, there shall be a turn of event in your favour !

Hey hey hey! Congratiulations dear friend! Stay Blessed !
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks Shondra!..it is well with ur case!
pt

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks Verbina!..Good news is coming your way!
pt

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:34 pm

For you, I just slammed on some davido "Gobe" pls make that Rosé a double will send postcode later lol. Congratulations dear!!! The Lord who has done yours will successfully get ours done too. Happy for you and congratulations once again ☺👍🙏😋🙉👌🙌👏

tei123

Post by tei123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm

big congrats to you poketoholo,enjoy ur freedom

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Letter from nursery

Post by Rammie20 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone my child just started the nursery this week. I chose the school and made the registration and everything. How do I ask them to give me letter to support my application since everyone seems to run away from you as soon as you mention anything to do with immigration.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Congratulations poketoholo......we need this good news amidst all the bad news....enjoy your freedom

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm

@Dapsonlee..that's what 'am talking about! Super Jam!..Super Choice!..thanks dear friend!..@Tei123, thank u!Good news coming to every one expecting!
pt

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: Letter from nursery

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Rammie20 wrote:Hi Everyone my child just started the nursery this week. I chose the school and made the registration and everything. How do I ask them to give me letter to support my application since everyone seems to run away from you as soon as you mention anything to do with immigration.
Just ask them for a general letter that confirms that your child attends school, how long etc. without mentioning the UKBA. Atleast thats what I did for mine coz a friend was refused a supporting letter for British passport coz she mentioned immigration.....but others can be understanding....