ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - Solihull (09/09)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR approved - Solihull (09/09)

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 am

My ILR application, made at Solihull PEO, was successful yesterday (09/09).

Category - Tier 1 (G), SET (O)
Main and dependent (wife)

I had booked the appointment, 6 weeks advance, at 8AM, not 12AM mid night.

PE assessment
1. Payslips
2. Dividend Vouchers
3. Letter from Accountant
4. Personal Bank Statements
5. Business Bank Statements
6. Invoices

Cohabitation
Letter from GP, both
Paper part Driving Licence of both
Poll Card for last two years for both
Sky TV letter, Main (just one)
Utility Bill (Water) – Joint, last two years, annual bill
EON Electricity and Gas Bill – Main (just one)
Disclosure Scotland Report on Background verification – Main (just one)
Electoral Audit (2012/13) – Joint 1
Credit Card Statements (Main) - 6, spread across last 2 years
Credit Card Statements (Dependent) - 6, spread across last 2 years
Council Tax yearly bill, Current and last 3 years, Joint
Letter from Estate Agent to renew Tenancy agreement, two from different years – Joint

I could have managed with far less number of documents. But I tried to mix and match with more documents.

Letter of absences from current and previous employers.

I was carrying lots of others documents e.g. Degree certificate, Marriage certificate, P60s and P45, HMRC Tax history, Work contract between agency and my LTD company, Monthly profit and loss
calculations, Incorporation Certificate, VAT Certificate, Flat Rate scheme letter and many more.

I gave them a list of supporting documents, listing what I am enclosing with this applications and what I am carrying/available.

I was surprised Solihull PEO does not have chip and pin facility to accept card payment. I know Croydon PEO accepts payment using chip and pin device. I was little worried as large sum of
payment could be declined. It didn't.

Absences
One major - 147 days in first year. Rest of the other absences were short, I had letter from employer saying they were all AL.
I made first entry to UK on 4th October 2008, that was only for two days. I made next entry after 147 days of absences. During this period, I was working in Zurich, Switzerland. I was at onsite through an Indian IT company. I had enclosed a personal letter saying - I was serving notice to my then employer, I was also under 12 month's tenancy contract with land lord/estate agent in Zurich. I also said, I was looking for job from Zurich.

I had enclosed letters from previous employers as it was easy to arrange. I would have still applied even I didn't any of these letters as all absences were less than 180 days.

Solihull PEO is quite friendly and supportive. There was no interaction with Caseworker but other staff is quite approachable and talkative.

Thanks to this forums and members. It has been 8 years since I have been reading, posting and replying on this board.

I would be happy to answer any query you may have.

Cheers!
Rajesh

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Congrats !

ramadnk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved - Solihull (09/09)

Post by ramadnk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Rajesh,

Congrats!!! I got a similar case as yours, I entered UK on 10th Nov 2008, (visa valid from 20th Oct 2008), but didn't find any job immediately, but I got an offer on 16th march 2009 and it was confirmed after reference checks on 16 June 2009, mean while I was absent from UK from 23 March 2009 to 27 July 2009, and working since 27th July 2009.

To summaries, first entered on 10th November 2008, left UK on 23rd march 2009 and second time entered on 27th July 2009. So I was not working until 27th July 2009 and I was away for 125 day in between.

Can you please comment on my case,

Thanks,
Rama
rajesh9pl wrote:My ILR application, made at Solihull PEO, was successful yesterday (09/09).

Category - Tier 1 (G), SET (O)
Main and dependent (wife)

I had booked the appointment, 6 weeks advance, at 8AM, not 12AM mid night.

PE assessment
1. Payslips
2. Dividend Vouchers
3. Letter from Accountant
4. Personal Bank Statements
5. Business Bank Statements
6. Invoices

Cohabitation
Letter from GP, both
Paper part Driving Licence of both
Poll Card for last two years for both
Sky TV letter, Main (just one)
Utility Bill (Water) – Joint, last two years, annual bill
EON Electricity and Gas Bill – Main (just one)
Disclosure Scotland Report on Background verification – Main (just one)
Electoral Audit (2012/13) – Joint 1
Credit Card Statements (Main) - 6, spread across last 2 years
Credit Card Statements (Dependent) - 6, spread across last 2 years
Council Tax yearly bill, Current and last 3 years, Joint
Letter from Estate Agent to renew Tenancy agreement, two from different years – Joint

I could have managed with far less number of documents. But I tried to mix and match with more documents.

Letter of absences from current and previous employers.

I was carrying lots of others documents e.g. Degree certificate, Marriage certificate, P60s and P45, HMRC Tax history, Work contract between agency and my LTD company, Monthly profit and loss
calculations, Incorporation Certificate, VAT Certificate, Flat Rate scheme letter and many more.

I gave them a list of supporting documents, listing what I am enclosing with this applications and what I am carrying/available.

I was surprised Solihull PEO does not have chip and pin facility to accept card payment. I know Croydon PEO accepts payment using chip and pin device. I was little worried as large sum of
payment could be declined. It didn't.

Absences
One major - 147 days in first year. Rest of the other absences were short, I had letter from employer saying they were all AL.
I made first entry to UK on 4th October 2008, that was only for two days. I made next entry after 147 days of absences. During this period, I was working in Zurich, Switzerland. I was at onsite through an Indian IT company. I had enclosed a personal letter saying - I was serving notice to my then employer, I was also under 12 month's tenancy contract with land lord/estate agent in Zurich. I also said, I was looking for job from Zurich.

I had enclosed letters from previous employers as it was easy to arrange. I would have still applied even I didn't any of these letters as all absences were less than 180 days.

Solihull PEO is quite friendly and supportive. There was no interaction with Caseworker but other staff is quite approachable and talkative.

Thanks to this forums and members. It has been 8 years since I have been reading, posting and replying on this board.

I would be happy to answer any query you may have.

Cheers!
Rajesh

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi ramadnk,

Thanks. Its fine as long as your absences are under 180 days in one year. I was away for 147 days in first year and go the ILR. I would suggest you to apply based on 20th Oct 2008.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:46 am

I received my BRP yesterday. What a quick turn around, received BRP in less than 48 hours. It was left in letterbox, no signature required.

Cheers!

chandra33
Newly Registered

Post by chandra33 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Rajesh,

first congrats! second since you recently used Solihull PEO, wanted to ask you, dont u interact with the cw at all? when i used their services in 2012 for my flr i could meet the cw. pls let me know. thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks. Not interaction with casework these days. I have not heard ILR rejection either these days.