ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!! LR and FLR (M) change to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opty88

HELP!! LR and FLR (M) change to ILR

Post by opty88 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 am

Hi All, I am a newbie to this forum. I will be posting my ILR = 10 year residence due mid september. I was on student visa for 8 years then PSW which expires in october. My husband is pre july 2012 but will not have completed 2 years on his PBS dependent visa so he will apply for FLR (M).
I have read on this forum that LR can take a minimum of 6 months before it is granted so I should be expecting mine sometime 2014.
When my husband is granted his FLR (M), he has to wait another 2 years to apply for his ILR because he cannot amalgamate his stay on PSW and FLR (M)
Also, my understanding is when he applies for his FLR (M), until he is granted, his current leave still applies as a PSW dependent.
My questions are;
1. If my husband attains 2 years as PSW (28 days early application)
before he is granted his FLR (M), can he apply for his ILR by varying it.
Such that in his case he wouldn't have amalgamated his leave.

2. If his FLR (M) is granted past the date of 2 years spousal visa, can he
still apply for his ILR because technically he will be a PSW dependent
pre- approval of FLR (M)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 am

At the moment he can amalgamate the time as a PBS dep with flr(m) for set(m) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) though this may change soon.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

opty88

co habitation documents

Post by opty88 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi All,
As i wrote in my previous post, my husband will apply for FLR (M). We don't have any documents in joint name. This is because I tried changing our utility bills to joint names and was advised by the guy at the utility company that due to security reasons, the bill has to be in only one person's name. We therefore decided to leave it in my name and not bother with the hassle.
Also my husband has only got one document with our address on. How can I prove that we are living together?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:23 pm

You should have other letters addressed to you separately do you not?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

opty88

Post by opty88 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 pm

I have lots but he has just 2. Will a letter from my landlord help?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Ideally you should have evidence to cover the last 2 years, evidence for roughly every 4 months. Get searching to see what you can find, did he not have a bank account or a job?

opty88

Post by opty88 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

he didn't need to aaply for NI because he had one 10 years ago. He has no details of his old bank account (10years ago). When he joined me in 2012. he worked for an agency for a month and the money was paid into my account. He couldn't find work for 6 months so when I became self employed, i employed him. he has payslips from me as his employer and also from the agency.
We never thought much of this until now