ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrival in UK with Tier2. Police Reg. and National Insurance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doubush
Newly Registered

Arrival in UK with Tier2. Police Reg. and National Insurance

Post by doubush » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello,
I have got Tier2 visa and my wife and children got Tier2 dependent visas.

We are going to arrive in UK at 20th Sep. I see i have to register in police in 7 days after arrival. Also i need to get National Insurance number.

I got questions about registration in police.
According to http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Ad ... 0011322875

I need to have "Any Home Office letters/forms" and "A Copy of your Biometric Card (if applicable)".

I don't have any letters/forms from home office. What can this be? I applied for tier2 and got it. They didn't send me any additional letters.
Also i don't have "Biometric Card". What is this? From where should i get it?

Also what is best order of actions after arrival? police registration, national insurance number request, bank account opening etc.

Thanks you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm

It means bring them only if you have been issued them, rather than you must bring them.

How you schedule the tasks is entirely your choice. I tend to shit, shower and shave in that order, but others may do things differently.