ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Passport Application and Original Birth Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adelmurray

New Passport Application and Original Birth Certificate

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Dear All ,

i was wondering if anybody could help me out regarding my query :

in Relation to Applying for Irish Passport for First Time after Naturalisation , they ask for Original Birth Certificate from home country , my Question is does this Birth Cert need to be Translated into English or should i just give them the Original one in Foreign Language ??

anybody who have gone through this process and can answer my query i would be very grateful .
Thank you all in advance for your input and Replies

Regards

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 pm

I assume when you applied for Citizenship you furnished a translation of your b.cert if not in English. My understanding is that they need both translation AND original -even if not in English- for passport

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Abu Banat wrote:I assume when you applied for Citizenship you furnished a translation of your b.cert if not in English. My understanding is that they need both translation AND original -even if not in English- for passport
thank you Abou Banat for your reply ,

i have not applied yet , i am still gathering documentations and informations , just because the form does not specify if you need to have the Birth Cert translated to english if not in English .

Regards

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:35 pm

adelmurray wrote:
Abu Banat wrote:I assume when you applied for Citizenship you furnished a translation of your b.cert if not in English. My understanding is that they need both translation AND original -even if not in English- for passport

i have not applied yet , i am still gathering documentations and informations , just because the form does not specify if you need to have the Birth Cert translated to english if not in English .

Regards
I've recently helped someone filling her forms and I recall something been written requesting both original and translation copies. She sent all and got them back with the passport

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Regards[/quote]
I've recently helped someone filling her forms and I recall something been written requesting both original and translation copies. She sent all and got them back with the passport[/quote]

Thank you Abu Banat for your prompt Reply , yes it does make sense what you are saying . i will arrange for the Translation then apply .

Regards

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: New Passport Application and Original Birth Certificate

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm

adelmurray wrote:Dear All ,

in Relation to Applying for Irish Passport for First Time after Naturalisation , they ask for Original Birth Certificate from home country , my Question is does this Birth Cert need to be Translated into English or should i just give them the Original one in Foreign Language ??

anybody who have gone through this process and can answer my query i would be very grateful .

Regards
You will need both the Original and the Translated Birth Certificate, plus the Translated Birth Certificate may have to be authenticated by the Embassy of your country here in Ireland. Contact your embassy or consular to find out more.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

adelmurray

Re: New Passport Application and Original Birth Certificate

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
adelmurray wrote:Dear All ,

Regards
You will need both the Original and the Translated Birth Certificate, plus the Translated Birth Certificate may have to be authenticated by the Embassy of your country here in Ireland. Contact your embassy or consular to find out more.
Thank you IntegratedMigrant for the useful information , you are a Star man , God Bless you ...

i will certainly do that .

Regards