ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neng
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by neng » Fri May 18, 2007 5:19 am

Good Day!

I'm a Filipino citizen and got married to a British last December 2006. My husband got his job last September 2006 but it was through an agency. Since May 09,2007 he was not working anymore in an agency because one of the company hired him permanently.

I would like to apply for a spouse visa in June but I have doubts if they will grant me a visa. There is a question about my sponsor's employment.(How long is your sponsor been in this employment?) If I will write for only one month is there a guarantee that I can get a visa? I have his previous payslips from the agency. How many months is my husband will be in his new employer that I can apply for my visa?

I really appreciate any comments...

Thank you very much.

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Sun May 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Neng

I have known several cases where application in the Home Office was refused. BAsically because ECO, thought that the relationship was not genuine, (marriage of convenience). How long do you know your husband before you got married?

A friend (Filipina)who met her husband thru introduction. Her husband's sister is in the UK. They've met . After one year they got married. She petitioned the spouse (after 6 mos. of marriage)(Visa was refused), Second application (visa was refused). Third application(succesful).

Another story:

She knew her husband (childhood friend, and neighbour). They fell in love and got married. She petitioned the husband. Thought everything went well in the interview. But there was one question the husband can't answer. What was the name of the wife's first employer who brought her to England. (The wife was a domestic worker in Singapore and the employer brought her to England. after 4 years, she changed employer.)
Of course, the husband didn't know the name. Application was refused, beacuse of that one Stupid question. Poor wife has to borrow money in the bank to make an appeal, lodge another application. Appeal was succesful. ECO wrote an apology letter.
She spent nearly 2,000 pounds> ECO never realised that money has to be earned and you cannot pick it up on the streets.

I think?? ECO want the marriage to be well established first. This is always happen to Filipino who petition their husband.

I believe that it is easier to apply for fiance visa and get married in the UK.

Provide enough evidences.

Goodluck

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 am

blessedlady wrote:I believe that it is easier to apply for fiance visa and get married in the UK.
Where is the evidence for that?

Neng, you got married last December. Why did you not make a spouse visa application immediately after the marriage?

And since the marriage, and the two of you separated by thousands of miles, how are the two of you keeping in touch? Has your husband visited you since December?
John

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Tue May 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I would think on the question of your sponsors employment, that if you write a letter explaining that this is the same role, initially on a temporary basis which has been made permanent after X months, and get a letter from the employer saying the same thing, I don't see why that should be a problem. Plenty of people move jobs, and plenty ofjobs these days are on a temporary then permanent basis.

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:20 pm

blessedlady wrote:Neng

I have known several cases where application in the Home Office was refused. BAsically because ECO, thought that the relationship was not genuine, (marriage of convenience). How long do you know your husband before you got married?

A friend (Filipina)who met her husband thru introduction. Her husband's sister is in the UK. They've met . After one year they got married. She petitioned the spouse (after 6 mos. of marriage)(Visa was refused), Second application (visa was refused). Third application(succesful).

Another story:

She knew her husband (childhood friend, and neighbour). They fell in love and got married. She petitioned the husband. Thought everything went well in the interview. But there was one question the husband can't answer. What was the name of the wife's first employer who brought her to England. (The wife was a domestic worker in Singapore and the employer brought her to England. after 4 years, she changed employer.)
Of course, the husband didn't know the name. Application was refused, beacuse of that one Stupid question. Poor wife has to borrow money in the bank to make an appeal, lodge another application. Appeal was succesful. ECO wrote an apology letter.
She spent nearly 2,000 pounds> ECO never realised that money has to be earned and you cannot pick it up on the streets.

I think?? ECO want the marriage to be well established first. This is always happen to Filipino who petition their husband.

I believe that it is easier to apply for fiance visa and get married in the UK.

Provide enough evidences.

Goodluck
Thank you for your comments and information

I have known my husband for a year then we got married. I met him through the internet last December 2005 then he visited me here in the Philippines last February 2006. He proposed to marry me then he came back last december 2006 for our wedding. After our wedding we live together for ten days then he flew back to UK last January 1,2007. Since then we continue our communication through emails and we chatted and voice chat everyday.

My husband is planning to be back in December 17,2007 and he wants me to go with him when he will go back to UK in Jan.01,2008. My question is "when is the proper time that I can apply for my visa? One of my friend told me that if I have my visa and I will not use it after 3 months it will be cancelled.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions..

Once again thank you

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:29 pm

John wrote:
blessedlady wrote:I believe that it is easier to apply for fiance visa and get married in the UK.

Neng, you got married last December. Why did you not make a spouse visa application immediately after the marriage?

And since the marriage, and the two of you separated by thousands of miles, how are the two of you keeping in touch? Has your husband visited you since December?
Thank you for the comments.

I was not able to apply immediately after our marriage because from the application they were asking the 6 mos. bank statement and payslips of my husband. my husband got his job last september and we could not provide the 6 mos. bank statement and payslips that time.

He flew back to UK last Jan. 01,2007. Since then we have a regular communication to each other. We are sending emails, chatted and voice chat everyday. In december 17,2007 he is planning to be back here and he wants me to go with him when he will be back to UK. My question is " When is the proper time that I will apply for my visa?

Once again thank you..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 pm

I would suggest that the visa application be made in say early October ... with a very specific request that the visa start date be say 01.01.08 ... or whatever is a suitable date .... a date that there is no chance of you wanting to travel before ... but at the same time a date that you will travel to the UK within 28 days of. In other words, if you intend to travel to the UK early January, after spending Christmas together with your husband in your country, then 01.01.08 would be suitable.

Why early October? Because the settlement visa procedure in your country takes some time. Also there is a maximum of 3 months deferment of the start date, so even if you were to be given speedy treatment the desired start date is OK.

Does that help? And by the way, do document that "evidence of contact" with your husband. Very important!
John

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:07 pm

John wrote:I would suggest that the visa application be made in say early October ... with a very specific request that the visa start date be say 01.01.08 ... or whatever is a suitable date .... a date that there is no chance of you wanting to travel before ... but at the same time a date that you will travel to the UK within 28 days of. In other words, if you intend to travel to the UK early January, after spending Christmas together with your husband in your country, then 01.01.08 would be suitable.

Why early October? Because the settlement visa procedure in your country takes some time. Also there is a maximum of 3 months deferment of the start date, so even if you were to be given speedy treatment the desired start date is OK.

Does that help? And by the way, do document that "evidence of contact" with your husband. Very important!
Thank you John.

Yes, it is a big help to me. About the evidence of contact I have no problem with it because I have printed all our chat transcripts, emails and letters. I chatted with my husband everyday for about 2 hours.

I have another question. About my chat transcripts it is necessary that I will photocopy all of them or just select some of it and photocopy it?

Once again thank you and I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 pm

neng wrote:
John wrote:I would suggest that the visa application be made in say early October ... with a very specific request that the visa start date be say 01.01.08 ... or whatever is a suitable date .... a date that there is no chance of you wanting to travel before ... but at the same time a date that you will travel to the UK within 28 days of. In other words, if you intend to travel to the UK early January, after spending Christmas together with your husband in your country, then 01.01.08 would be suitable.

Thank you John.

Yes, it is a big help to me. About the evidence of contact I have no problem with it because I have printed all our chat transcripts, emails and letters. I chatted with my husband everyday for about 2 hours.

I have another question. About my chat transcripts it is necessary that I will photocopy all of them or just select some of it and photocopy it?

No phone call bills?

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:34 am

Wanderer wrote:
neng wrote:

Thank you John.

No phone call bills?
No phone call bills but we call to each other through the internet. I know that phone bills is expensive that is why we are using the internet. Is chat transcripts and snail mails are not enough proof that we are communicating to each other regularly?

I appreciate any comments

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:34 am

Wanderer wrote:
neng wrote:

Thank you John.

No phone call bills?
No phone call bills but we call to each other through the internet. I know that phone bills is expensive that is why we are using the internet. Is chat transcripts and snail mails are not enough proof that we are communicating to each other regularly?

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:36 am

Wanderer wrote:
neng wrote:

Thank you John.

No phone call bills?

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:39 am

Wanderer wrote:
neng wrote:

Thank you John.

No phone call bills?

No phone call bills but we call to each other through the internet. Is chat transcripts, emails and snail maills are not enough proof of our regular communication?

joe777

Post by joe777 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm

John wrote:

i got married in nov 2002, but i didnt apply for a spouse visa til jan 2005 :) , as my wife was still at uni doing a medical degree

but i didnt have any problems with getting a visa, also ive been made redundant, and found a job straight after, again this didnt effect FLR or ILR apps.

by the way, my wife is pinay :D

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:28 pm

good day!

I have a problem my husband has dismissed from his job but he is looking now for a new job. I am planning to lodge my visa application last week of september. If he could find a job for this month is it still ok that i will lodge my application in september or do I need to wait until he will be permanent with his new job?

I am hoping to hear any comment and suggestions...

Once again thank you....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:16 pm

Sorry this is not quite the definite answer you might have been looking for. It merely needs to be clear that you will not need to claim certain Public Funds. So it is not just a question of him getting a new job, but also how much he might be earning and whether he will have enough money to ensure that you will not need to claim those Public Funds.
John

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:43 am

my husband got 325 pounds weekly net pay from his job, and he told me that he will not claim public funds because his weekly salary is enough for us. He is renting a house for 75 pounds per week (300 a month). He spend about 500 for his food, water, electric, gas, phone and internet bills for one month. My question is, is his salary enough even if he is new with his job or do i need to wait until he will be permanent then I can apply for my visa?

I am hoping for any comments.

Thank you

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:33 am

That is useful information. I would say that the financial test is passed, and there is no reason to hold back on you submitting the application. Just ensure that the "evidence folder" includes details to show that the financial test is passed.

The accommodation? So it is rented. Has your husband got a letter from the owner or agent which gives you permission to live there? And after you move in, will the place be overcrowded?
John

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Thank you John.

Yes, he got the letter from the landlord stating that as his wife i can live with him. I think his house is not overcrowded. He is the only one who live in a one bedroom house.

Once again thank you.

John wrote:That is useful information. I would say that the financial test is passed, and there is no reason to hold back on you submitting the application. Just ensure that the "evidence folder" includes details to show that the financial test is passed.

The accommodation? So it is rented. Has your husband got a letter from the owner or agent which gives you permission to live there? And after you move in, will the place be overcrowded?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:43 am

Yes, he got the letter from the landlord stating that as his wife i can live with him. I think his house is not overcrowded. He is the only one who live in a one bedroom house.
Do ensure that such evidence is included in the "evidence folder".
John

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:38 am

Good day!

I am confuse with question 5.2 when did you first meet your sponsor? Am I going to write the date when i first meet him in the internet or the date when i first meet him personally?

Once again thank you for any comments.

Confuzzled
Newly Registered

Post by Confuzzled » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:35 pm

While we're on this topic...

Is it vital that the sponsoring partner has a job or are savings enough?

ie... enter the UK together and then look for jobs from there.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm

I am confuse with question 5.2 when did you first meet your sponsor? Am I going to write the date when i first meet him in the internet or the date when i first meet him personally?
I think they are looking for the date that you actually met face-to-face.

locc0
Newly Registered

Post by locc0 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:40 am

On the subject of employment, does anyone know whether taking a career break is looked on favourably or not?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:27 am

looked on favourably or not?
Looked on favourably ..... in what context? What are you possibly concerned about?
John