ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Query for Parents Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

URGENT: Query for Parents Visitor Visa

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi,

I'm on Tier1 and I'm inviting my parents to London in Nov on visitors visa (as my wife is pregnant). My father is a retired businessman while my mother is a housewife. My parents are financially dependent on me though my unmarried sister also contributes to home expenses through her job. We need to apply this week and I will really appreciate your help for it.

A. If I'm completely sponsoring it then do my parents need to submit their bank statements? My father account doesn't have money in his account and my mother account has only IN money as my transfers from UK.

B. Should I mention in the invitation letter that my parents are coming to witness the birth of their grand children? My wife is housewife and she doesn't need my mother for any work.

I'm submitting these documents for my parents visa. Please check if you see any issues.

1. Link to India - My unmarried sister passport copy (who is not coming) + her bank statement along with a letter from her that she contributes to home expenses. Apart from it Property document and old FD against my mother and a recently done FD against my Father name.
2. My Passport and Biometric Card copy along with my last 6 month salary slips and bank statements.
3. Invitiation letter for sponsorhip from me (Authorized by my office which is a Tier1 Bank).
4. Rent agreement for Accommodation and any Utility Bill.
5. My Mother/Father passport along with Photo.
6. Travel Plan (Do I book tickets before apply? )

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 am

Even where you are their financial sponsor, they should still provide bank statements if, indeed, they have a bank account. However insignificant or small their pension or income, there should be evidence of their social and economic ties to the homeland.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

But then my father account doesn't have any money. Won't it cause any issues? Do you think my father/mother visa will get approved based on the documents that I am going to submit

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm

The lack of funds in your father's account is nothing to do with his financial support while visiting the UK; that's something you can show in your account. It's more of a matter of proving his economic ties to his homeland, and you putting some money in his account now, just for this application, is a complete waste of time and will not help prove his economic ties.

Nobody can predict the outcome of this application based on the limited information contained in this discussion.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks Lucapooka. But this is the list of documents that I am planning to submit. Do you see any risk any it? What more information should I provided? I'm betting on my unmarried sister and hopefully UKBA will understand that my father/mother has to come back for her.

1. Link to India - My unmarried sister passport copy (who is not coming) + her bank statement along with a letter from her that she contributes to home expenses. Apart from it Property document and old FD against my mother and a recently done FD against my Father name.
2. My Passport and Biometric Card copy along with my last 6 month salary slips and bank statements.
3. Invitiation letter for sponsorhip from me (Authorized by my office which is a Tier1 Bank).
4. Rent agreement for Accommodation and any Utility Bill.
5. My Mother/Father passport along with Photo.
6. My Mother/Father last 6 month bank statements
7. Confirmed Ticket

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 am

The burden is on the applicants to show and prove their (economic) ties to their homeland.

Some ways of doing this is include bank statements, payslips, business records, property documents, etc in the applicants' names.

You might find it easier convince readers of this forum that the applicants have very solid ties to their homeland as most readers might also share a similar family dynamic and structure and can relate to your situation, but this is very subjective.

The visa application will be decided on the objective information provided.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.