ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afan
Newly Registered

Vetting

Post by afan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm

You can request Garda Vetting Unit here for the information held on Garda computer for 6.50 euro

http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?Page=1548

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Kinto wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:
afan wrote:Hi,

I am stuck in stage 2 since AUG 2012
Is there any way to know why its taking that long ?

Thanks in advance.
my wife applied in Dec 2011, second stage since Oct 2012, nothing since that time :(
no convection or any thing, just waiting
My wife got email reply saying she is in advanced stage now. looks there is a progress finally :)
I hope we will congratulate you soon!

How frequently do you email them? I sent two emails so far, and I'm afraid I'd piss someone off if I emailed too often.
I emailed them once a month! Sure, they can't just decline your application for emailing them too often ;) but just so you know.. their replies are very robotic, copy paste answers! So don't expect much off them.. You'd be better off phoning them and getting a proper update on your application if you get through them that is!
Best of luck! :)

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Kinto wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:
immigrant411 wrote: my wife applied in Dec 2011, second stage since Oct 2012, nothing since that time :(
no convection or any thing, just waiting
My wife got email reply saying she is in advanced stage now. looks there is a progress finally :)

How frequently do you email them? I sent two emails so far, and I'm afraid I'd piss someone off if I emailed too often.
I emailed them once a month! Sure, they can't just decline your application for emailing them too often ;) but just so you know.. their replies are very robotic, copy paste answers! So don't expect much off them.. You'd be better off phoning them and getting a proper update on your application if you get through them that is!
What is the best number to reach them to get such update.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

aalazzani wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Kinto wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

06232500 :) I also found this number.. 016167700
Try both hopefully one of them will work!

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

We are waiting since 2011 we should sign petition and forward to the minister i am sure its going to help us all???
Angel592 wrote:
aalazzani wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Kinto wrote:

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm

We are waiting since 2011 we should sign petition and forward to the minister i am sure its going to help us all???
Angel592 wrote:
aalazzani wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Kinto wrote:

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 am

hi everyone.
i recieved reply for citizenship that.....your file was recently submitted to the misiter for consideration .the misiter has decided to defer any final decision on your application for a period of 18 months until march 2015 in order that he might be satisfied that you continue to be of good character.this office will be in contact with you again at that time.

...any advice ?should i go to solicitor ?i dont know wat to do???i applied in june2011 and finally after 27 month ....i got this reply.........any helpful advice................?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 am

bepositive89 wrote:hi everyone.
i recieved reply for citizenship that.....your file was recently submitted to the misiter for consideration .the misiter has decided to defer any final decision on your application for a period of 18 months until march 2015 in order that he might be satisfied that you continue to be of good character.this office will be in contact with you again at that time.

...any advice ?should i go to solicitor ?i dont know wat to do???i applied in june2011 and finally after 27 month ....i got this reply.........any helpful advice................?
I've seen few cases like that, solicitor wont do anything in this matter. All you gotta do is wait for 18 months or your application may be denied.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

I've seen few cases like that, solicitor wont do anything in this matter. All you gotta do is wait for 18 months or your application may be denied.

after 18 month still they can refuse my application..if would not have any criminal record or any offence?...

akabor
Newly Registered

Post by akabor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 am

@bepositive89,
What was the offence you committed and did you state it when filing ur application?

courny

Post by courny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 am

bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

after 18 month still they can refuse my application..if would not have any criminal record or any offence?...
Stay out of trouble and ull be granted after be time period mentioned. I know of a few people who have been in this situation and been finally granted, but you need to ensure YOU STAY OUT OF TROUBLE, of nay sort however minor it might be.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:45 pm

bepositive89 wrote:after 18 month still they can refuse my application..if would not have any criminal record or any offence?...
I know you might be probably wondering why 18 months and what is going to happen after then? Well the reason why the defer making a decision to a further 18 months is

1. To ensure that you do not commit further offenses.

2. That it serves as a probation period of your offenses.

3. They felt that your offenses is Unspent and 18 months with no further offenses will be considered Spent.

You application is likely to be successful should you adhere to those.

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:after 18 month still they can refuse my application..if would not have any criminal record or any offence?...
I know you might be probably wondering why 18 months and what is going to happen after then? Well the reason why the defer making a decision to a further 18 months is

1. To ensure that you do not commit further offenses.

2. That it serves as a probation period of your offenses.

3. They felt that your offenses is Unspent and 18 months with no further offenses will be considered Spent.

Thx "IntegratedMigrant",,,,,,,,, the summons which was sent to my address were in dec 2010 and my fine was due to pay march 2011 but i paid early.
its mean traffic offense remove from record after 60 months...
little mistake through me far away .........
i applied LTR ...if i will get LTR positive reply ......should i forwd to citizenship ?????

once again thx "IntegratedMigrant" for your all valuable advices .......
i

thx

You application is likely to be successful should you adhere to those.

justahuman
Newly Registered

Post by justahuman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:18 pm

just for those of you who fools themselves about citizeninfo reply (trying to read between the lines hidden meaning) which they get when asking about application updates:
sent e-mail and got reply in one minute:

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

same answer as 6 months ago, was it automatic reply?
Thanks Mr Robot anyway

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 pm

bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Saegh wrote:hi every one just want to ask you I never committed any serious offenses but i was subjected to a serious investigation but I was never  charge with Any thing.can any one pls tall me how that can impact on my application for naturalisation . Your reply much appreciated 
It may delay your application as you've been in teh adversed attention of the Gardai. But since you've nothing wrong, you'll have nothing to worry about but, what exactly was the Gardai investigating?

one question ....i was convicted for no insunrance and fine 450 euro.which i paid same day...no insurnace conviction will effect my application...decision could b refused???????
i applied in 2011 and tomorow will 26 month ...

@bepositive89
Wow i know with the former minister this would have been cause for refusal but with Alan Shatter this has not been an issue. To defer your application for a year and half after you paid the fine and sent the receipt is a total surprise. Basically it depends on the officer handling your case. Some people get lucky and meet a good officer while others meet a very mean one, because i've seen people who had drink driving conviction and driving ban yet were approved, even a guy that fought with the garda was still approved. So unfortunate you met a mean officer. I suggest people who has issues should limit the letters and emails to them. If you are as clean as a whistle then you can fire as much letters/emails as you want.
NICEANDSMOOTH

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

bepositive89 wrote:Thx "IntegratedMigrant",,,,,,,,, the summons which was sent to my address were in dec 2010 and my fine was due to pay march 2011 but i paid early.
its mean traffic offense remove from record after 60 months...
little mistake through me far away .........
i applied LTR ...if i will get LTR positive reply ......should i forwd to citizenship ?????
once again thx "IntegratedMigrant" for your all valuable advices .......
thx
You forwarding any positive reply will have no impact to your 18 months probabtion whatsoever. Best you leave it and wait for 18 months. Dont even contact them ever until 18 months from now unless you change your address.
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm

justahuman wrote:just for those of you who fools themselves about citizeninfo reply (trying to read between the lines hidden meaning) which they get when asking about application updates:
sent e-mail and got reply in one minute:

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

same answer as 6 months ago, was it automatic reply?
Thanks Mr Robot anyway
Troll detected!. Not on my thread!

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:12 pm

nice and smooth wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Saegh wrote:hi every one just want to ask you I never committed any serious offenses but i was subjected to a serious investigation but I was never  charge with Any thing.can any one pls tall me how that can impact on my application for naturalisation . Your reply much appreciated 
It may delay your application as you've been in teh adversed attention of the Gardai. But since you've nothing wrong, you'll have nothing to worry about but, what exactly was the Gardai investigating?

one question ....i was convicted for no insunrance and fine 450 euro.which i paid same day...no insurnace conviction will effect my application...decision could b refused???????
i applied in 2011 and tomorow will 26 month ...

just my BAD LUCK................I have no place where can i fight for my right.................

@bepositive89
Wow i know with the former minister this would have been cause for refusal but with Alan Shatter this has not been an issue. To defer your application for a year and half after you paid the fine and sent the receipt is a total surprise. Basically it depends on the officer handling your case. Some people get lucky and meet a good officer while others meet a very mean one, because i've seen people who had drink driving conviction and driving ban yet were approved, even a guy that fought with the garda was still approved. So unfortunate you met a mean officer. I suggest people who has issues should limit the letters and emails to them. If you are as clean as a whistle then you can fire as much letters/emails as you want.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Anyone got an invitation letter to the ceremony yet? :D Checking my post every day with high hopes lol!

Does anyone know how long before the ceremony do they usually start posting the invitations off? :)

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Angel592 wrote:Anyone got an invitation letter to the ceremony yet? :D Checking my post every day with high hopes lol!

Does anyone know how long before the ceremony do they usually start posting the invitations off? :)
They already started. There is a thread on this forum about the next ceremony. You are not the only one who's waiting for the invitation letter. I'm also waiting, approval received on 28th of August.

waitingstill
Newly Registered

Post by waitingstill » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Mary26 wrote:
Angel592 wrote:Anyone got an invitation letter to the ceremony yet? :D Checking my post every day with high hopes lol!

They already started. There is a thread on this forum about the next ceremony. You are not the only one who's waiting for the invitation letter. I'm also waiting, approval received on 28th of August.

I applied for citizenship in aug 2012 got a letter recently asking for a copy of the recent gnib card is this a good sign from the further processing team??

waitingstill
Newly Registered

Post by waitingstill » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Mary26 wrote:

I applied for citizenship in aug 2012 got a letter recently asking for a copy of the recent gnib card is this a good sign from the further processing team??

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Mary26 wrote:

Oh thanks, just found it! Hope they send them out soon enough!

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

good luck for everyone.
Last edited by bepositive89 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:57 pm

bepositive89 wrote:u r right it is surprise ,,,,,,,i think someone complain about me ......but i never done any crime or anything which can effect my character .just NO INSURANCE CONVICTION .......i was punished 450 euro .......
i spoke to my solicitor and she was surprise as well because she know few ppl who had worse convictions then me..
God knows wat is reason behind...
Someone complained about you for committing an offense that is regarded as a Major Offense?

Your solicitor was surprised because she knew few people who had worse convictions than you? For Example?? Can you be more clear and specific about that? because as far as I am concerned you are not treated any differently from those that have Major offenses just like you, and as you may have known your citizenship application will be DECLINED by the last Minister.

Note: And please it will be best if you try and post comments here in a professional standard. The huge space you left for some reasons make no sense at all and not best for a Thread.