ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for the naturalisation ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Can I apply for the naturalisation ?

Post by Jaeger » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm

At first I would like to say thanks to Jambo & sheraz7 for help regarding filling out an EEA3 application.

I'm an EEA national living with my parents in the UK since 14.07.2006 (16 at the time) and I'm studying since September 2006 till present (now I'm 23). My parents are employed since October 2005 and June 2006 respectively. I worked as well but only temporarily during summer times. Also I have lived on my own for one year from 11.09.2011 to 06.07.2012.

I have passed Life in the UK test today. Will it be invalid after 28th October?

The only issue which is stopping me from applying now is CSI. I can apply for a document certifying permanent residence on merit of one of my working parents.

So there is a link here. If I have to wait for my PR to come through then surely it will go beyond 28th October. Then I will have to take B1 CEFR exam (I can't claim for an exemption yet since I will graduate in June 2014) and perhaps Life in the UK test again.

Can I do something similar for my naturalisation as in EEA3 application?
Q5: I'm a EEA national/family member of EEA national. When can I apply for naturalisation?

Under EEA regulations, Permanent Residence status is obtained automatically after 5 years of exercising treaty rights. You need to hold PR status for 1 year to be eligible for naturalisation (unless you are married to a BC) so effectively you can apply after 6 years of residence in the UK. Having a PR Confirmation (following EEA3/EEA4 application) is optional and is not required in order to apply for naturalisation.

You have two options:

1. Apply after 6 years in the UK. This includes 5 years of exercising treaty rights + 1 year with PR. You will need to provide proof of the 5 years (similar to what is needed in EEA3/EEA4 application). Form AN has a specific section (Q2.4-2.6) for such application.
2. Apply 1 year after the issue date of the PR Confirmation (EEA3/EEA4). In this case, there is no need to prove treaty rights again and normally just your passport (and Life in the UK test) is required.
Option 2 appears to be quite convenient in my situation. However, it will probably require English language exam and possibly new LIUK test.

Or alternatively a working parent supporting me as in EEA3 application.

There is no way I can provide a proof of CSI during the whole period.

Thanks for advice.