ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR for baby born outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santharam
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR for baby born outside UK

Post by santharam » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 pm

I am currently in UK under Tier 1 (general) category and have become eligible for applying for ILR. My tier 1 validity is until Oct 2013. My wife who was with me as Tier 1 dependant has gone back to India 1 year back and our baby born in Nov 2012 in India.

- I applied visa for my baby in July 2013 from India and got visa for the period July 2013 to Oct 2013 because main applicant visa validity is until Oct 2013.
My Wife and Baby can to UK in this AUG 2013.

- I know my wife did not spent 2 years in UK so she won't be eligible for ILR along with me so after i get ILR i can apply extension for her as a dependant.

But, now my question is:-

- Is my 10 months old baby eligible for ILR along with me??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 pm

No. Baby should apply for leave in line with wife's.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

santharam
Newly Registered

Post by santharam » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 am

vinny wrote:No. Baby should apply for leave in line with wife's.
Thanks for the quick response Vinny, much appreciated.

SureShot

Re: Eligibility for ILR for baby born outside UK

Post by SureShot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:13 pm

santharam wrote:- I know my wife did not spent 2 years in UK so she won't be eligible for ILR along with me so after i get ILR i can apply extension for her as a dependant.
I have a quick question on this. How many days is the spouse allowed to spend outside of the UK in those two years. Have not been able to find out any guidance on this.

Given the lack of a number stated, would it be reasonable to assume that this will be < 180 days in each of the two years.

Replies will be much approciated.

Thanks a lot.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:23 am

Dep absences should be limited and for good reason.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:Dep absences should be limited and for good reason.
Thanks a lot for the reply Amber.

Have you had a personal experience or know of someone who has had such a case.

Can you also please suggest what is acceptable as a good reason. Specifically, Is child birth outside of the UK a a good reason for a 4 month absence.

I ask this, as friend of mine is planning to take her wife to India for the delivery.

Thanks again.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:20 pm

A number of people have had deps absent for 3-6 months for maternity (family and cultural reasons) and they have subsequently been granted ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SureShot

Post by SureShot » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:22 pm

D4109125 wrote:A number of people have had deps absent for 3-6 months for maternity (family and cultural reasons) and they have subsequently been granted ILR.
Thanks a lot. Much appriciated.

vinny

Re: Applying ILR for me & dependant visa for my family t

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

santharam wrote:Hi,
My situation is,

Main applicant (Myself): In Tier1 valid until 10th Oct 2013 but i am eligible for ILR (spent 5 years in UK)
My Wife: In Tier1 Dependent visa valid until 10th Oct 2013 (not spent 2 years in UK)
My Son: Born in India and came to UK in this Aug 2013 with Tier1 dependent visa valid until 10th Oct 2013

I understand, my wife and son is not eligible to apply for ILR.

I have booked PEO appointment on 22nd Sep 2013 but now I would like to know which application form i have to use for all three of us OR how we can apply together and what are all the application forms we have to use.

Thanks in advance.
Santha
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 pm

vinny wrote:wife's.
Click on given link.

santharam
Newly Registered

Post by santharam » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:20 pm

vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:wife's.
Click on given link.
Thanks Vinny,
I had a look at the link page and understand the categories but still had a doubt in applying visa together for all three of us :-(

My understanding,
Myself going for ILR so I have to use SET(o) application form
My Wife and Son is not eligible for ILR so they have to use PBS extension form (form number or link would be much appreciated)

My doubt is,
1). Can we all apply together with different application forms in the same PEO appointment???
2). Can my wife and my son apply in the same PBS dependant form??? OR they have to apply in two individual PBS dependant applications? in this case how can we give all original supportive documents for these applications?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 am

See also How dependants can extend their stay.

I think that you may book a family appointment.

santharam
Newly Registered

Post by santharam » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 am

vinny wrote:See also How dependants can extend their stay.

I think that you may book a family appointment.
Thanks Vinny,
Good to know we can book family appointment in PEO for different categories.

I just looked at the options in PEO appointment booking system and it is asking me to select this "Which application form are you using to make your application?" ==> Options (BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, EEA1, FLR(M), FLR(O), NTL, PBS Dep(paper form), SET(F), SET(M), SET(O), Tier1(General), TOC)

My doubt again is,
which application form i need to select here because we are all in different categories.

amitpattjoshi
Newly Registered

ILR for myself but Tier1 extension for wife..which form ??

Post by amitpattjoshi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi,

I am also in the same situation.Just want to know can we apply it together in the same appointment and which form to choose..I am planning to apply on Nov 1st week ..

I am eligible for ILR where as my wife is only eligible for extension...

Please advise...

Thanks..

santharam
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for myself but Tier1 extension for wife..which form

Post by santharam » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am

amitpattjoshi wrote:Hi,

I am also in the same situation.Just want to know can we apply it together in the same appointment and which form to choose..I am planning to apply on Nov 1st week ..

I am eligible for ILR where as my wife is only eligible for extension...

Please advise...

Thanks..
Hi Amit,
sorry for delay in response. I called Home office many times on this but did not get proper answer also i sent mail to them but still i have not received any response.
At last, I booked PEO appointment only for myself on set(o) form and my ILR application got approved on last Thursday. As soon as i get my BRP card (expected in this week) i am going to apply FLR(M) for my Wife and Son.

amitpattjoshi
Newly Registered

Post by amitpattjoshi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 am

Infact the ILR approval letter is actually suffice to apply for dependent and you dont need to wait for card actually. Thats how I did after getting ILR on 8th Nov..

It is possible to do in same day as well but it ll not be a same appointment and should be booked bit late for next appointment....

But safe is finish your one day and keep an appointment for later days in case you need to cancel for unfortunate reasons...