ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa processing timeline in Nigeria

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keni
Newly Registered

settlement visa processing timeline in Nigeria

Post by keni » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi All, Pls can anyone advise on the current waiting time for processing of uk settlement visa based on marriage to a british citizen?

My story:

I lived in the UK for some years and was on the last year of my DLR when I was offered a good job in Nigeria, so instead of applying for my ILR in the UK, I left to take up the job offer in Nigeria. I moved with my 3 children who are all british citizens and my husband planned to join us permanently in Nigeria in December.

Unfortunately the children and I were seriously attacked by armed robbers in Nigeria at gunpoint in July. The children and I are very traumatised and need to relocate back to the UK asap. So I had to make an application for settlement visa at VFS Ikeja in July but still awaiting a response from UKBA.

My husband has contacted his MP in London to assist expedite the processing of my application with UKBA. She sent an urgent letter to UKBA on my behalf to ask for a quick decision on my application but no response yet from them.
2 of my children have got special needs and they have regressed since the robbery attack, this was also stated in my application along with all relevant documents.

Pls can anyone advise on the current waiting time on settlement visas from Nigeria?

Very frustrated at the moment.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

These are average performance stats but within 12 weeks is the stated performance target for 95% of applications submitted. You have only endured something less than 8 weeks so far so not really outside the scope of normal conditions yet.

You can't expect an expedited application just because you live in Nigeria. Half the world is considered dangerous and applications are not normally rushed through based on the danger level in that location.

keni
Newly Registered

Post by keni » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 pm

noted. thank u

keni
Newly Registered

Post by keni » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 pm

lukapooka, pls note i'm not expecting my application to be expedited because I live in Nigeria! one of my children was shot during the armed robbery incident and has only just come out of hospital last week, since July!!!

My husband's MP being involved is based on compassionate reasons.

Its been a traumatic time for my family since the incident and I just wanted to know if anyone out there had any personal experience of applying for a settlement visa from Nigeria.

thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Okay, but to be fair to my original comment, the news about the child comes as additional information to your original post and may be relevant to a hasty decision. I live in Rio and see bad guys carrying machine guns from my window. Applications made here to settle in the UK are not processed any quicker because of that. That was the point I was intending rather than anything personal about your tragedy. Good luck and God speed!