ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sussexguy

TB Certificate

Post by sussexguy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Dear all,

I would be very grateful if one of you could answer the following question:

My wife is applying as my dependent from Kolkata (I am on Tier 2 (General) in the UK). She has received an email asking her to provide a Pre-Departure TB Certificate. There was no mention of this on the policy guidance. It is mentioned in Appendix T ,Immigration rules (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixt/)

When she contacted the approved clinics they said that they can only do this if the British High Commission contacts them directly to do so. Otherwise she needs to take her passport which is not possible in her case, since it is with the High Commission.

Has anyone come across this situation?

Thanks, S

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:10 pm

The PBS dependant policy guidance would not mention this as it is not a condition for the actual category. Rather, applications made in only a few select counties (see UKBA site on which she applied) are required to provide this. There will be relevant information on the UKBA website in the country where she applied.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 am

Lucapooka wrote:The PBS dependant policy guidance would not mention this as it is not a condition for the actual category. Rather, applications made in only a few select counties (see UKBA site on which she applied) are required to provide this. There will be relevant information on the UKBA website in the country where she applied.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Thank you for locating the right section. The guys at VFS never mentioned anything but it's too late to discuss that.

We have received an email from the local British High Commission and there is no way to ask any question. Out of the two listed clinics on there approved list, only one does it in the city where my wife is resident and they want to see the passport or be contacted by the UKBA directly. We have tried to contact them through VFS and currently waiting for a reply. There is no way to contact the case worker. In the past, I have been contacted directly by the case worker for my applications made in the UK, in case there was a missing document.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:36 pm

In most cases the TB is done before handing in application as they want to see passport when you are having this test done :wink: