ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this True?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saeedrehman

Is this True?

Post by Saeedrehman » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey all,

One of my friend wants to apply for ent visa from within UK through psw route.

He went to a solicitor who told him that there are some new rules under which the business of the applicant should be in the same field as the education.

Is this true?

help will be much appreciated.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:11 am

There is not such rule but it is advisable to do a business which relates to your background and education.

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 am

To switch from PSW route, it is necessary that u have to deal in business of your qualification....

If you have done masters in IT and you want to start a pay day loan company its a straight away reject....unless u prove tat ur role in the company is related to IT and level 4...

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:03 pm

I do not agree with you, I started an IT company and I am the director. I do not know ABC of the IT business because I have done a general MBA in Marketing but still I got my visa.

You can do any business you like (level 4 and above for PSW). If you have an interest, no one can stop you from that. And if they do then you can easily win this in appeal.
desibabu wrote:To switch from PSW route, it is necessary that u have to deal in business of your qualification....

If you have done masters in IT and you want to start a pay day loan company its a straight away reject....unless u prove tat ur role in the company is related to IT and level 4...

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Is this True?

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

This solicitor is a shame for this country. People like him should be kicked out of this country as they are spreading incorrect information and spoiling others future.

Its a shame to that University too who has awarded a degree to this person.
Saeedrehman wrote:Hey all,

One of my friend wants to apply for ent visa from within UK through psw route.

He went to a solicitor who told him that there are some new rules under which the business of the applicant should be in the same field as the education.

Is this true?

help will be much appreciated.

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 am

Thats right, you are a MBA candidate and started an IT company. You will show ur profession as marketing / sales director not as technical manager. coz you have 0 knowledge on technical. If you had applied as tech manager it would have been an issue
Entrepreneur9 wrote:I do not agree with you, I started an IT company and I am the director. I do not know ABC of the IT business because I have done a general MBA in Marketing but still I got my visa.

You can do any business you like (level 4 and above for PSW). If you have an interest, no one can stop you from that. And if they do then you can easily win this in appeal.
desibabu wrote:To switch from PSW route, it is necessary that u have to deal in business of your qualification....

desibabu

Post by desibabu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 am

Thats right, you are a MBA candidate and started an IT company. You will show ur profession as marketing / sales director not as technical manager. coz you have 0 knowledge on technical. If you had applied as tech manager it would have been an issue
Entrepreneur9 wrote:I do not agree with you, I started an IT company and I am the director. I do not know ABC of the IT business because I have done a general MBA in Marketing but still I got my visa.

Lola22

Is this True?

Post by Lola22 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 am

Desibabu and Entrepreneur9, you have both given a good contribution but Entrepreneur9 pls can u confirm what your job role/title is in the company?

In order to avoid visa refusal, it is better if your role in the company is inline with your qualification( or a transferable skill). Your company business can be anything under the required category.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am

Lola22 wrote:Desibabu and Entrepreneur9, you have both given a good contribution but Entrepreneur9 pls can u confirm what your job role/title is in the company?

In order to avoid visa refusal, it is better if your role in the company is inline with your qualification( or a transferable skill). Your company business can be anything under the required category.

WRONG !!!!!

I know people with MSc in Enviromental management and recycling that applied with job codes matching IT analysts and their visa application was successful. i know another person that has MSc in social care who applied using soc job code as marketing manager for business consultancy firm and her application was successful.

i am sure many people here can attest to that fact.

in my case, my educational background matched perfectly with my soc job code and i had a beautiful refusal from UKBA.

YA'LL SHOULD STOP SPREADING FALSEHOOD

Lola22

Is this True?

Post by Lola22 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Babylondoner what do u mean by wrong? What statement is wrong? And who is spreading falsehood?

Did you really read what I wrote and did you read between the lines?

You need to read it again and digest it. Let me know if you do not understand what I wrote afterward. I will be happy to interprete it for you.

I am sorry that your application was refused. Your visa could have been refused for other reasons.

WRONG !!!!!

I know people with MSc in Enviromental management and recycling that applied with job codes matching IT analysts and their visa application was successful. i know another person that has MSc in social care who applied using soc job code as marketing manager for business consultancy firm and her application was successful.

i am sure many people here can attest to that fact.

in my case, my educational background matched perfectly with my soc job code and i had a beautiful refusal from UKBA.

YA'LL SHOULD STOP SPREADING FALSEHOOD

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Lola22 wrote:In order to avoid visa refusal, it is better if your role in the company is inline with your qualification( or a transferable skill). Your company business can be anything under the required category.
that was the statement you made. that statement is wrong !

so based on your analogy, if i have a BSC and MSc in food technology, my role in the business must be a 'food technologist', even though my business is IT consulting :roll: :roll:

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Right!!!

Thanks for the speedily response babylondoner.

I wrote that "In order to avoid visa refusal, it is better if your role in the company is inline with your qualification ( or a transferable skill). Your company business can be anything under the required category".

The fact is, this statement has not said that your job role in the company must be in line with your qualification. It is saying that in your best interest, it is better........... to have a job role inline with your qualification or a transferable skill inorder to .......... avoid refusal.

A transferable skill means you can do some type of jobs based on the fact that you can demonstrate that you have the experience or knowledge on it or based on the fact the you have a university graduate certificate or professional or recognised certificate.

With this, you will need to go extra mile to prove that you posses this qualities depending on the job role and the caseworker will only use his or her discretion to agree or disagree that you can fit in into the role.

Why was your application refused?

I hope I have been able to help you to understand the statement.

Good Luck.