ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Social Welfare Services

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meleryan

Social Welfare Services

Post by meleryan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:34 pm

So my husband arrived safely to Dublin last week. We went today to apply for PPS Number, man in Reception was nice and helpful, we waited nearly 3 hours anyway we went to the window, present all documents and the clerk immediately started nasty remarks towards me.

He said:
- so you were married before
Me
- yes, is there a problem?
He:
- to another Egyptian?
Me:
- yes and
He:
- where do you find All these Egyptians? some business, advertising yourself in internet?
I tried to remain calm
- what is the purpose of these questions, as you see my husband has visa, immigration checked all documents and according to them everything is fine so I dont understand why you are asking them
He:
- Listen to me! We report back to immigration I can ask whatever questions I WISH, do you understand? you are in hot seat now so better behave yourself or I will call immigration
Me:
- Call your supervisor along because I dont appreciate your questions and tone you are talking to me
He:
- you will not tell me what to do ....and he took all documents and went missing for twenty minutes when he came back he drop all and said
YOU ARE FREE TO GO!
I said that I wish to talk to his supervisor, he started laughing at me roll down the blinder and did disappear I went to the next window asking for this clerk name and he actually came to this window and said
- do not cause problem woman go home and see you in few months hopefully you will not bring black man

Guys I am still shocked, I have to do something. Nobody should be humiliated like this. I have few names from waiting people as witnesses because he was very loud in his opinion and half of waiting room could hear him.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm

meleryan, sorry to hear your experience..... and to be honest my blood is boiling to read ur story...that kind of people are big shame for the country
Last edited by CalvinKlien on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm

IMAO thats is so funny. He hates that you love the Egyptians and jealous of black guys, or was he refering to the Egyptians as black guys lol. Only in Ireland! :shock:

The only place that beloved is meant to be stamped is where it is!. If this is true then its such a shame!
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi meleryan,

I sent u a private message if you could have a look on it.

Diomond

Re: Social Welfare Services

Post by Diomond » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:04 pm

meleryan wrote:So my husband arrived safely to Dublin last week. We went today to apply for PPS Number, man in Reception was nice and helpful, we waited nearly 3 hours anyway we went to the window, present all documents and the clerk immediately started nasty remarks towards me.

He said:
Me
He:
- to another Egyptian?
Me:
- yes and
He:
- where do you find All these Egyptians? some business, advertising yourself in internet?
I tried to remain calm
- what is the purpose of these questions, as you see my husband has visa, immigration checked all documents and according to them everything is fine so I dont understand why you are asking them
He:
- Listen to me! We report back to immigration I can ask whatever questions I WISH, do you understand? you are in hot seat now so better behave yourself or I will call immigration
Me:
- Call your supervisor along because I dont appreciate your questions and tone you are talking to me
He:
- you will not tell me what to do ....and he took all documents and went missing for twenty minutes when he came back he drop all and said
YOU ARE FREE TO GO!
I said that I wish to talk to his supervisor, he started laughing at me roll down the blinder and did disappear I went to the next window asking for this clerk name and he actually came to this window and said
- do not cause problem woman go home and see you in few months hopefully you will not bring black man

Guys I am still shocked, I have to do something. Nobody should be humiliated like this. I have few names from waiting people as witnesses because he was very loud in his opinion and half of waiting room could hear him.
Thats ridiculous , should take legal action against him.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:13 pm

This is the kind of thing I am worried about, with Ireland - I am visably a Muslim (I wear a head scarf), tho when I was there, I had no issues and people in fact were very friendly - there is always the black sheep that ruins it all!

meleryan wrote:So my husband arrived safely to Dublin last week. We went today to apply for PPS Number, man in Reception was nice and helpful, we waited nearly 3 hours anyway we went to the window, present all documents and the clerk immediately started nasty remarks towards me.

He said:
Me
He:
- to another Egyptian?
Me:
- yes and
He:
I tried to remain calm
He:
Me:
He:
YOU ARE FREE TO GO!

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 pm

That is very shocking!!

So why did he refuse to give PPS number?

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 am

No he could not refuse it! he was normal and polite towards my husband but only to me he was rude.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:26 am

Ok, that's atleast the good part that they gave him the PPS number on time.
But yea it doesn't outweighs that he was so rude.

May I ask what documents did you give in to get PPS number for your husband?
meleryan wrote:No he could not refuse it! he was normal and polite towards my husband but only to me he was rude.

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 am

He had his passport and I prepared written confirmation that he lives with me under address:................... and I presented tax certificate on my name with this address. I also gave marriage certificate so the system could link us

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 pm

sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with this arrogant and uncivilised individual ,

it's really sad to see a civil servant behaving in this manners , he had no right talking to you in that manner , his job is to provide you with a service not make nasty comments about your private life .

it is up to you whether to pursue this any further or not , why don't you try to make an official complaint against him (hope you have his name ) , and may be threaten him and his superiors with legal action if you do not receive an official apology from them .

this person also threatened you with calling immigration for no valid reason , he should have tried that as he would have been told to f*** off by them as he is wasting their time .
Good Luck with everything and don't let a low life individual like him spoil your life and happiness .

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:43 pm

After some consideration I have decided to make a formal complaint we will see what the outcome will be.

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

meleryan wrote:After some consideration I have decided to make a formal complaint we will see what the outcome will be.
I think you need to. Such an a**hole need a little kick to learn to be bit careful when dealing with immigrants next time. Make sure your complaint is in writing and you may need to email Joan Burton directly. Tell her that you thought of going to the media but preferred to listen to her first. Make sure to mention you have witnesses.
You may also consider issuing legal proceedings , give the scumbag a few nights of bad sleep!
Sorry for the trauma. He is just an ignorant loser. You are married to a man from a nation with >4000 year civilization. NB I am not Egyptian :)

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 am

meleryan wrote:After some consideration I have decided to make a formal complaint we will see what the outcome will be.
Good idea!

GNIBMan
BANNED

Post by GNIBMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

How can you have witnesses to a conversation that occurs in a private booth? :lol:

Its recorded too btw. So I wouldnt lie, when making your complaint.

You are a non Irish national and you have brought two Egyptians into our country in a very short time frame. You are also in receipt of a hell of a lot of benefits. Can you not see how the authorities would be concerned? Sham marriages are rife in Ireland and must be investigated thoroughly. Your previous husband is looking to get citizenship, when, if it wasnt for your short marriage, he would never have gained entry into an EU country.

If you get divorced again, so will the latest husband.

:roll:

GNIBMan
BANNED

Post by GNIBMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:45 pm

SRAQAI wrote:This is the kind of thing I am worried about, with Ireland - I am visably a Muslim (I wear a head scarf), tho when I was there, I had no issues and people in fact were very friendly - there is always the black sheep that ruins it all!
How are Christians treated in muslim lands? :roll:

courny

Post by courny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:51 pm

GNIBMan wrote:How can you have witnesses to a conversation that occurs in a private booth? :lol:

You are a non Irish national and you have brought two Egyptians into our country in a very short time frame. You are also in receipt of a hell of a lot of benefits. Can you not see how the authorities would be concerned? Sham marriages are rife in Ireland and must be investigated thoroughly. Your previous husband is looking to get citizenship, when, if it wasnt for your short marriage, he would never have gained entry into an EU country.

Last edited by courny on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice and smooth

Social Welfare

Post by nice and smooth » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 pm

GNIBMan wrote:How can you have witnesses to a conversation that occurs in a private booth? :lol:

GNIB man, u seem to know too much, firstly that it was in a private booth, secondly that her first marriage was in a short space of time and finally that her last husband is looking to apply for citizenship. Being that you only just joined today and only posted about this particular case, if i didn't know better i'd say you were the officer in question at the social welfare office. Having said that i'd throw caution to the wind and see how this plays out.
NICEANDSMOOTH

GNIBMan
BANNED

Re: Social Welfare

Post by GNIBMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:21 pm

nice and smooth wrote:

GNIB man, u seem to know too much, firstly that it was in a private booth, secondly that her first marriage was in a short space of time and finally that her last husband is looking to apply for citizenship. Being that you only just joined today and only posted about this particular case, if i didn't know better i'd say you were the officer in question at the social welfare office. Having said that i'd throw caution to the wind and see how this plays out.
The woman posted everything on here. She is a visa factory. Two husbands in less than a decade and she brings them to a country she too is a guest and claiming benefits in.

The Irish authorities are well within their rights to investigate, ask questions and make sure everything is legit.

loverboy2
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Gnib man

How are Christians treated in muslim lands? :roll:[/quote
Man you just joined to show how illiterate and how a low life you are. This is not a forum for low life like you .go and join some another networking site to show who you are. I think that man in the pps office was far better than you,atleast he was standing on job not like you sitting on laptop and nothing to do so start this shit here

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 pm

loverboy2 wrote:Gnib man

Man you just joined to show how illiterate and how a low life you are. This is not a forum for low life like you .go and join some another networking site to show who you are. I think that man in the pps office was far better than you,atleast he was standing on job not like you sitting on laptop and nothing to do so start this shit here
Disagreeing with a poster's opinion in the manner you have shown, does not make your opinion or your person better than theirs, you can disagree without resorting to personal attack.

GNIBMan
BANNED

Post by GNIBMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 pm

:lol:

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:33 pm

You are dead right loverboy, this Gnib thick headmeat is an utter scumbag lowlife shitter! I can almost be sure he is another loser leaking bum**le who wants to get it out on immigrants here.
Go get yourself a can or may be do everybody a favour and join the rest of the runners in OZ or US. Scumbag

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm

GNIBMan wrote:
SRAQAI wrote:This is the kind of thing I am worried about, with Ireland - I am visably a Muslim (I wear a head scarf), tho when I was there, I had no issues and people in fact were very friendly - there is always the black sheep that ruins it all!
How are Christians treated in muslim lands? :roll:
Very well. When westerners go to Muslims lands, To live and work, they get preferential treatment, for example in Saudi they get to live in special enclaves that have tight security, protecting the inhabitents who are allowed to consume alcohol, party, do drugs and throw up silly the morning after. They get paid at least 3 times more, if not more in fact then they wud do in the west, they have their flight tickets paid for them, their kids sent to private school extended holidays and they have preferential treatment in their work contracts. They also get private medical treatment. They get to have Muslims from 'third world nations', India or Phillipines to be their maids or servents in the home, and this is the case not only in Saudi, but also in neighbouring Gulf Muslim countries including the UAE and Qatar. Its the same for Egypt and other nations too. Unfortunatly, the so called Christians of the West are too busy bombing and throwing drones on most other Muslim nations, including Pakistan, so its sad to say that they are not able to offer such chushy expatriate packages for white-'Christian' westerners. They have their own government to blame for this. :roll:

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Ha! i do not claim benefits from the country - so bad guess!
My 1st marriage lasted few good years - another bad guess!
Who do you think you are to pass judgement on me?? Do you know circumstances on my 1st marriage, you worked as the mattress under me to know anything??
Last edited by meleryan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.