ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am

@suraj4utd
Nice one! Thank you so much ... I hope people will benefit immensely from this information you have provided.

shiv_914
Newly Registered

Post by shiv_914 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 pm

suraj4utd wrote:Here is my wife's spouse visa timeline:

12/07/13 - Biometrics taken and documents submitted at VFS Jalandhar
15/07/13 - Under process at BHC New Delhi
02/09/13 - Application processed and sent via Bluedart
04/09/13 - Documents received with 33 months visa stamped

Only 34 working days and no employment checks were done!
hi suraj4utd

congrats :)

i have given biometrics test on 09/07/13 but still i my status showing me application is under process.i have submitted my application at ahmedabad center.can you please tell me what will be the next status message ?
thanks

suraj4utd
Newly Registered

Post by suraj4utd » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:23 pm

shiv_914 wrote:
suraj4utd wrote:Here is my wife's spouse visa timeline:

12/07/13 - Biometrics taken and documents submitted at VFS Jalandhar
15/07/13 - Under process at BHC New Delhi
02/09/13 - Application processed and sent via Bluedart
04/09/13 - Documents received with 33 months visa stamped

Only 34 working days and no employment checks were done!
hi suraj4utd

congrats :)

i have given biometrics test on 09/07/13 but still i my status showing me application is under process.i have submitted my application at ahmedabad center.can you please tell me what will be the next status message ?
thanks
Hi

It should be "Application processed and sent via Bluedart"

juhi
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Dependent Visa

Post by juhi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:35 pm

kiranbala17 wrote:Hi All,

I had also been a silent member of this forum. After a long long wait of 3 months i finally received my passport today with the visa stamped !! :D

Here are my timelines

03/06/13 Applied at VFS Hyderabad
08/06/13 SMS received "application under process at BHC Chennai"
22/08/13 Received a call from BHC to provide my original masters degree certificate
23/08/13 Couriered the document
26/08/13 Document delivered at BHC
02/09/13 Received SMS "documents sent via Bluedart"
04/09/13 Passport received with visa stamped :D

Thanks to all the senior members for helping me through this process :)

All the best to those who have applied and to those who are in the process of applying :)
Hi kiranbala, seeing this I'm really hoping that I may get anytime now. I'm all tears- so happy for u. actually I have submitted a day after urs

04/06/13 Applied at VFS Hyderabad
09/06/13 SMSand mail received "application under process at BHC
since then no call,no interviews, no update nothing. Its been 3 months now. but i m scared that they niether have called me for any originals as i too have given xerox of my masters degree. I'm just really very worried now. Can anyone give me any clue that if not asked for originals also they may process my visa???

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 am

leeon2011 wrote:Hi can anyone plz give me eco or ecm contact email or phone number
In the uk one plz plz
All the ECO/ECM are based at the BHC posts in the country where you apply.You need to contact them at the post where you initially applied for any issues relating to your visa :wink:

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Spouse settlement visa - 17th June

Post by venugopal1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 am

Hi,

I have applied visa for my wife on 17th June, still no updates. It is showing "Application is under process with Bristish High commission". Not sure how to chase it. We haven't received any calls after we submit the application. Is the is any way to chase this?. We are worried now... :(

Application date - 17th June 2013
Place: Chennai
SMS received - 18th june - "Application is under British High commission"
Cheers,
Venu

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:16 am

Please I need this information from those who have got their settlement visas approved.

Did BHC return all your supporting documents or did they retain some?

can you give a brief list of the documents that were retained?

Thanks for your positive responses in advance.

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Spouse settlement visa - 17th June

Post by venugopal1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am

Hi All,

I got my wife's visa yesterday evening.

Application center - Chennai
Application submitted - 17/06/2013
BHC received message - 18/06/2013
Application and visa received message- 10/09/2013

It took exactly 60 working days for visa.

Cheers,
Venu

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Post by venugopal1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 am

iyanu wrote:Please I need this information from those who have got their settlement visas approved.

@iyanu: Yes, BHC will return all your documents submitted except the application forms. Its your responsibility to ensure you have received all the documents back.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 pm

venugopal1 wrote:
iyanu wrote:Please I need this information from those who have got their settlement visas approved.

@iyanu: Yes, BHC will return all your documents submitted except the application forms. Its your responsibility to ensure you have received all the documents back.
Well the following documents were retained:

1. Employer Letter
2. Phone call logs
3. Some email logs
4. My passport bio-data page
5. My wife's passport bio-data page
6. Tenancy agreement and Landlord's letter
7. Boarding passes and visa entry page(s)

Are you saying I can request them to be sent back to me?

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Post by venugopal1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

iyanu wrote:
venugopal1 wrote:

1. Employer Letter
2. Phone call logs
3. Some email logs

All these documents you mentioned just copies, why do you need to request them, can't you take copies from original?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

venugopal1 wrote:
iyanu wrote:
venugopal1 wrote:

1. Employer Letter
2. Phone call logs
3. Some email logs

All these documents you mentioned just copies, why do you need to request them, can't you take copies from original?
I thought as much but the Employer and Landlord's letters are original though.

venugopal1
Newly Registered
India

Post by venugopal1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

iyanu wrote:
venugopal1 wrote:
iyanu wrote:
venugopal1 wrote:

1. Employer Letter
2. Phone call logs
3. Some email logs

You can get them from your employer and landlord any time you want. Also you cannot use those documents again for any of your reference, because those two are outdated.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm

venugopal1 wrote:
iyanu wrote:
venugopal1 wrote:
iyanu wrote:

1. Employer Letter
2. Phone call logs
3. Some email logs

You can get them from your employer and landlord any time you want. Also you cannot use those documents again for any of your reference, because those two are outdated.
They have replied:
Thank you for your email.

After looking through the list of documents below, most of them would have been retained on our files as they would have been addressed to us. We would also retain any copies of documents submitted to us.

I will have your file located, and we will look through the retained documents to see if some of the other things should have been returned to you.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused
I think it's only my Tenancy Agreement I will like back but then I can do with a copy anyway. The rest of the documents are actually either addressed to HO directly or just copies. So I am fine now.

Thanks guys.

juhi
United Kingdom

My visa have been refused , pls help!!!!

Post by juhi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I had applied for spouse settlement visa with my 2 children from vfs hyderbad on 4th june 2013, after waiting for 3 months now they couriered me my package within which to my dismay received a denial decision.:-(
Basis for refusal-
1. didnot meet financial requirement- though submitted them the six months pay slips as my hub earns 40k per annum.
2. didnot qualify for the English language requirement - they have asked for the originals though have submitted my M.A B.ed xerox done from osmania university.
3. doubt on our relationship as have not given satisfactory evidence-they have asked for more communication evidence though submitted marriage certificate and the utility bills under my husbands name from india.

Now they have asked me to appeal witin 28 days and I m too stressed now after the whole frustrating waiting period of 3 months had to go thru this also. We are ready to go for an appeal which my husband in UK will b handling- what do we require now???
p60, my original M.A B.ed certificates and also the teaching ceritficate level 3 received from UK awarding body ASCENTIS which I passed while I was in UK and also have done an online course named TEFL thru Intesol and for proving our relationship is genuine have taken screenshots of our mails and chattings from yahoo.
Any guidance and guesses whether I have any hope of winning the appeal and if yes how much time will it take now. If i donot win the appeal then will my visa fee will be refunded-I hope not - huge loss:-((

batleykhan

Re: My visa have been refused , pls help!!!!

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm

juhi wrote:I had applied for spouse settlement visa with my 2 children from vfs hyderbad on 4th june 2013, after waiting for 3 months now they couriered me my package within which to my dismay received a denial decision.:-(
Basis for refusal-
1. didnot meet financial requirement- though submitted them the six months pay slips as my hub earns 40k per annum.
2. didnot qualify for the English language requirement - they have asked for the originals though have submitted my M.A B.ed xerox done from osmania university.
3. doubt on our relationship as have not given satisfactory evidence-they have asked for more communication evidence though submitted marriage certificate and the utility bills under my husbands name from india.

Now they have asked me to appeal witin 28 days and I m too stressed now after the whole frustrating waiting period of 3 months had to go thru this also. We are ready to go for an appeal which my husband in UK will b handling- what do we require now???
p60, my original M.A B.ed certificates and also the teaching ceritficate level 3 received from UK awarding body ASCENTIS which I passed while I was in UK and also have done an online course named TEFL thru Intesol and for proving our relationship is genuine have taken screenshots of our mails and chattings from yahoo.
Any guidance and guesses whether I have any hope of winning the appeal and if yes how much time will it take now. If i donot win the appeal then will my visa fee will be refunded-I hope not - huge loss:-((
I think you need to post the exact reasons for refusal, as your interpretation of the refusal may be slightly different from that of the ECO.

juhi
United Kingdom

Re: My visa have been refused , pls help!!!!

Post by juhi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 pm

batleykhan wrote:
juhi wrote:I had applied for spouse settlement visa with my 2 children from vfs hyderbad on 4th june 2013, after waiting for 3 months now they couriered me my package within which to my dismay received a denial decision.:-(
Basis for refusal-

I think you need to post the exact reasons for refusal, as your interpretation of the refusal may be slightly different from that of the ECO.
The reasons are exactly the same given in the notice by ECO, but its all our fault for not doing research b4 applying as we have left out the communication screenshots, photos and have only submitted marriage certificate. Bank statements and contract of employment was submitted but not the employee letter which was essential. My bad for not joining forums to gain benefit but now whining is not going to help but getting ready for appeal.
My husband is handling the appeal work in UK and I have scanned my educational certificates, asked him to get the screenshots of our mails and chats and also get the employee letter from HR. This is all we have to submit - Inshallah we will go thru this, May Allah grant us success this time.
Thanks batley khan for ur response on my post.

chohans

Post by chohans » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi all,

My timeline

Submitted 04/02/2013
Under process 04/02/2013
Status changed- required for interview 07/05/2013
Interview Date 21/05/2013
sent to blue dart 27/05/2013
VisA refused 22/05/2013
Appealed 07/06/2013
ECM to respond by 22/11/2013

leeon2011

Post by leeon2011 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Can any one plz give me what document I need for put new settealment filePlz give me doccument list

my wife working in uk

leeon2011

Re: Spouse Dependent Visa

Post by leeon2011 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:31 pm

kiranbala17 wrote:Hi All,

I had also been a silent member of this forum. After a long long wait of 3 months i finally received my passport today with the visa stamped !! :D

Here are my timelines

03/06/13 Applied at VFS Hyderabad
08/06/13 SMS received "application under process at BHC Chennai"
22/08/13 Received a call from BHC to provide my original masters degree certificate
23/08/13 Couriered the document
26/08/13 Document delivered at BHC
02/09/13 Received SMS "documents sent via Bluedart"
04/09/13 Passport received with visa stamped :D

Thanks to all the senior members for helping me through this process :)

All the best to those who have applied and to those who are in the process of applying :)
Can u give me what document I nees for put new settealment filePlz give me doccument list 

my wife working in uk

leeon2011

Post by leeon2011 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:17 pm

I want you to ask that I get my hearing date and I have all doccument ready do you think that if I submit now and immigration judge will turnover there decision.
Before hearing date 

Any chances ??

shiv_914
Newly Registered

holiday list British high commition

Post by shiv_914 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 pm

hi,

i have applied for settlement visa/
anybody have holiday list of british high commission mumbai ?
thanks

shiv_914
Newly Registered

holiday list British high commition

Post by shiv_914 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 pm

hi,

thanks

chohans

Re: holiday list British high commition

Post by chohans » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:53 am

shiv_914 wrote:hi,

thanks
Hi shiv_914,

Follow this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... ion-mumbai

shiv_914
Newly Registered

Re: holiday list British high commition

Post by shiv_914 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:19 pm

chohans wrote:
shiv_914 wrote:hi,

thanks
Hi shiv_914,

Follow this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... ion-mumbai
hi Cohans

thanks for providing me Link its very helpful to calculate working days.

thanks a lot :)