ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 am

Good morning Forum, hope some more good news coming today, good luck everyone. @hatschead check inbox plz.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:26 am

verbina wrote:
11akb wrote:
Khaldoon wrote:Dear SDP, I'm since 30th July 2012 and still desperately waiting, nothing received yet.

i applied in june 2012 still waiting for any sort of response

@11akb I think that things were rather slow overall during the summer and as many predict September and October we ll be getting lots of decisions. Just wait a little longer hun not too long to go. Fingers crossed we ll all have positive results soon!!!
.Thanks verbina you are a star

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am

September seems to be looking up for everyone!! Congrats to those who finally received a decision.

I've finally reached the 1 year mark waiting.

Applied 10-9-2012
Bio done 21-2-2013
Reply to my complaint letter 17-8-2013
Mp involved 24-8-2013

In response to my complaint letter they said I would hear from them by the end of October ... But didn't say it would necessarily be a decision.

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am

Good Morning Verbina, we are very thankful and grateful for you support.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 am

@sdp... its hard especially when one is not working and waiting endlessly for a decision ....but just hang in there you are definetely gonna hear from them soon..

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 am

@smatts 007 is it a fresh applicatn or extension????

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 am

Its a fresh one.

Tao
Newly Registered

Thank God

Post by Tao » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:46 am

I would like to thank the lord God today through his son Jesus Christ, my Biometric Residence Permit arrived today after 11 and half months of waiting.

I was renewing my descretionary leave to remain. I was given three more years. I wish you all Good luck for helping me in the most difficult time by your posts on this forum.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Thank God

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am

Tao wrote:I would like to thank the lord God today through his son Jesus Christ, my Biometric Residence Permit arrived today after 11 and half months of waiting.

I was renewing my descretionary leave to remain. I was given three more years. I wish you all Good luck for helping me in the most difficult time by your posts on this forum.

Another extension done. A huge congrats to you and do enjoy your freedom. ☺

I must add the way extensions are being granted, I guess all fresh applicants will be sorted by summer 2014.... 😞 What a year!!! Sigh!

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 am

Congratulation Tao, another victory which rising our hops to get our extension granted soon inshallah

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 am

dapsonlee wrote:
Tao wrote:I would like to thank the lord God today through his son Jesus Christ, my Biometric Residence Permit arrived today after 11 and half months of waiting.

I must add the way extensions are being granted, I guess all fresh applicants will be sorted by summer 2014.... 😞 What a year!!! Sigh!
@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee Noooooooo!! Doooont saaay that!!!!!! Remember @cookie ?? First time app, overstayer, she got hers with 2 months!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 am

Congratulations wish you all the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 am

Congrats! Tao....Dapsonlee..SDP..Believe2013..Verbina..and others, good news is round the corner by God's Grace!
pt

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 am

dapsonlee wrote:

@dapsonlee, you don't have to over state the obvious :D .

It is well!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Kukuwife

A message has been sent. Please check.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 am

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee Noooooooo!! Doooont saaay that!!!!!! Remember @cookie ?? First time app, overstayer, she got hers with 2 months!!!!
I know cookie did but remember cookie had 2 beautiful British kids with a British partner so her case was on a route of success compared to having no partner nor kids. Another horrible birthday and a Xmas to look forward to in isolation

@Hatchsead, I don't even bother to turn phone on anymore! If SDP could be waiting that long what hope do we on a 10month mark should do. I can't hold up anymore. *Tears*

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Khaldoon wrote:Congratulation Tao, another victory which rising our hops to get our extension granted soon inshallah
Good morning Verbs, yummymummy, khaldoon, SDP, Summer2013, Shareen, Bobby04, Time503, Shondra, Dapsonlee, hatchsead, Tao, Nilemarques, poketoholo, chandhi, smatts07, 11ab rammie20, Godgives and those hiding behind the scenes too! (and if I have left anyone my profuse apologies )

Congrats Tao you have earned it - Poketoholo thanks indeed our time will come. Dapsonlee chin up buddy we are on the home straight. I know you are tired but almost there buddy, almost there.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:20 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@Tao congrats!!!

I know cookie did but remember cookie had 2 beautiful British kids with a British partner so her case was on a route of success compared to having no partner nor kids. Another horrible birthday and a Xmas to look forward to in isolation

@Hatchsead, I don't even bother to turn phone on anymore! If SDP could be waiting that long what hope do we on a 10month mark should do. I can't hold up anymore. *Tears*
oh babe!! I dont even know what to say.. Coz i feel depressed and lovely too :(( and Im all alone in this lovely village in the middle of nowhere ( And the weather is shit! And my birthday is in beginning of november *sigh*.
God help us!!!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Congrats to you!!!!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee, i feel you and know what you mean. Since October last year when we put forward 3 separate flr(o) applications and got called for bio in March 2013. We haven't heard back.
I have commenced my application for Canadian skilled program with the hope that we will be granted at least the 30 months before the Canadian pulls through. I can't imagine having to waiting for 13/ 14 months for extension each time especially if one ends up on the 10 year route :roll:

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

@Tao congrats!!!

oh babe!! I dont even know what to say.. Coz i feel depressed and lovely too :(( and Im all alone in this lovely village in the middle of nowhere ( And the weather is shit! And my birthday is in beginning of november *sigh*.
God help us!!!
@verbina and Dapsonlee
Please guys it's well with u. Don't give UKBA the pleasure of stealing away your joy!!! Like believe said, chin up, head high and remain positive. Every passing day draws you closer to that much anticipated day!!!
It's round the corner, we will all rejoice with you guys!!!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Khaldoon wrote:Congratulation Tao, another victory which rising our hops to get our extension granted soon inshallah
Good morning Verbs, yummymummy, khaldoon, SDP, Summer2013, Shareen, Bobby04, Time503, Shondra, Dapsonlee, hatchsead, Tao, Nilemarques, poketoholo, chandhi, smatts07, 11ab rammie20, Godgives and those hiding behind the scenes too! (and if I have left anyone my profuse apologies )

Congrats Tao you have earned it - Poketoholo thanks indeed our time will come. Dapsonlee chin up buddy we are on the home straight. I know you are tired but almost there buddy, almost there.
Good day believe2013, thanks for your words of encouragement and advice to everyone on this forum!
Your contribution has been awesome, I pray that your desires will come to pass soon!
Have a great day!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

@Tao congrats!!!

God help us!!!
@verbina and Dapsonlee
Please guys it's well with u. Don't give UKBA the pleasure of stealing away your joy!!! Like believe said, chin up, head high and remain positive. Every passing day draws you closer to that much anticipated day!!!
It's round the corner, we will all rejoice with you guys!!!
@partygirl503 (aka time 503) thank you lovvie xx you re totally right!

cmdavy
Newly Registered

Re: hello all

Post by cmdavy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:41 pm

cmdavy wrote:i've been following this topic since i made my fresh FLR(o) application on Jan 2013

my timeline is

11/01/2013 post all files i had with my partner passport (based on private life which lives with my partner more than 9 years, and loads of docs, no kid)
22/01/2013 acknowledge letter from ukba
18/06/2013 bio-metric letter and did the enrolment on the next day

today, received a letter from the UKBA Sheffield team, saying that thanks for the application and returned my partner's passport. nothing more in the letter, except the case number, reference number, etc.

how long i should wait to hear the result after receiving this letter??
wonder if any1 received this kind of letter before hearing the result

best regards
good afternoon

an update on my current application
this morning, i received the documents back.
but my passport didn't come with the package (i guess because there are already lots of paper), and there is no any letter which saying granted or refused, i called the ukba they told me my case is in process.

is this normal to receive the returned document without passport and ukba's letter?

best regards

majojo

Re: Clarification

Post by majojo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 pm

majojo wrote:Hi guys I want come clarification please what is the difference between 10 year partner/ parent route and. Private life/ family life. Thank you
So I post a question for clarification no one seems to be bothered so I will ask again
majojo wrote:Hi guys I want come clarification please what is the difference between 10 year partner/ parent route and. Private life/ family life. Thank you