ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 vs 5 year application for spouse of NATURALIZED citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aalazzani

3 vs 5 year application for spouse of NATURALIZED citizen

Post by aalazzani » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 pm

I saw some posts that say that successful citizenship applications were made where applicant is a Spouse of Irish citizen (and spouse is recently Naturalized him/herself).

First, I want to know if such (3 year) applications where the spouse is recently naturalized are viable at all?

Second, if the applicant meet both the criteria for the (5 year residency) and the (3 year of naturalized spouse), is there any recommendation in wich way to go especially in reference of processing time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:25 pm

No one has answer for this question?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Honestly you question isnt clear enough and thus have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe that I can answer your questions if written clearly.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Honestly you question isnt clear enough and thus have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe that I can answer your questions if written clearly.
Hi Integrated. Let me know what is not clear and I can clarify.

The question is if someone was Naturalized recently (let's say based on 5 year residency) and the wife was in Ireland with him as a dependent with stamp 3 and just completed 5 years of residency (and hence fulfill now the application based on 5 years)

- First, can she also apply as a spouse of an Irish citizen? (I saw some posts in this forum that claims that this was possible even if spouse is recently naturalized as long as she was in Ireland for last 3 years).
- Second, assuming that she can apply either way, which way is recommended especially around processing time.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

This is an example of one of these posts

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... zed++years

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm

aalazzani wrote:Hi Integrated. Let me know what is not clear and I can clarify.

The question is if someone was Naturalized recently (let's say based on 5 year residency) and the wife was in Ireland with him as a dependent with stamp 3 and just completed 5 years of residency (and hence fulfill now the application based on 5 years)

- First, can she also apply as a spouse of an Irish citizen? (I saw some posts in this forum that claims that this was possible even if spouse is recently naturalized as long as she was in Ireland for last 3 years).
- Second, assuming that she can apply either way, which way is recommended especially around processing time.
This is clearly written and well understood now. The answer to you first question is Yes, she can apply for either as a spouse of an Irish citizen or based on 5 years of residence in the state.

The second answer is, because there is no impact, grace or priority to either application, I believe applying based on 5 years of residence in the state is better because it requires less paper work!. Spouse of an Irish citizen application is a nightmare!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

This is clearly written and well understood now. The answer to you first question is Yes, she can apply for either as a spouse of an Irish citizen or based on 5 years of residence in the state.

The second answer is, because there is no impact, grace or priority to either application, I believe applying based on 5 years of residence in the state is better because it requires less paper work!. Spouse of an Irish citizen application is a nightmare!
Thanks Integrated. As always clear detailed answers and to the spot. I agree with your conclusion.

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

I have this same scenario and I choose apply as spouse of Irish citizen. I applied at the end of June and in early July received acknowledgement. till date I haven't received the confirmation to second stage. but I think people who applied at the same time on the basis of 5 yr residency have got their acknowledgement and confirmation to second stage on the same letter after few weeks.

Anyone knows how long it will take for spouse of irish citizen application. did they make it within the normal time of 7-9 months?

thanks

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm

desibuddy wrote: I have this same scenario and I choose apply as spouse of Irish citizen. I applied at the end of June and in early July received acknowledgement. till date I haven't received the confirmation to second stage. but I think people who applied at the same time on the basis of 5 yr residency have got their acknowledgement and confirmation to second stage on the same letter after few weeks.

Anyone knows how long it will take for spouse of irish citizen application. did they make it within the normal time of 7-9 months?

thanks
I applied based on 5 years of residence and it took 4 months to receive the 2nd stage confirmation. Some friends applied after me and got the 2nd stage confirmation within a few days. I guess it depends on how slow whatever person ends up handling your file. :(