ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: Thank God

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Another extension done. A huge congrats to you and do enjoy your freedom. ☺

I must add the way extensions are being granted, I guess all fresh applicants will be sorted by summer 2014.... �� What a year!!! Sigh!
@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee Noooooooo!! Doooont saaay that!!!!!! Remember @cookie ?? First time app, overstayer, she got hers with 2 months!!!!
I know cookie did but remember cookie had 2 beautiful British kids with a British partner so her case was on a route of success compared to having no partner nor kids. Another horrible birthday and a Xmas to look forward to in isolation

@Hatchsead, I don't even bother to turn phone on anymore! If SDP could be waiting that long what hope do we on a 10month mark should do. I can't hold up anymore. *Tears*
oh babe!! I dont even know what to say.. Coz i feel depressed and lovely too :(( and Im all alone in this lovely village in the middle of nowhere ( And the weather is shit! And my birthday is in beginning of november *sigh*.
God help us!!!
Guys we knew the journey ahead was going to be tough but we didn't know how tough. I have so much admiration for all of you. You deserve medals the size of a frying pan perhaps bigger. We need to soldier on and hold on to our positive thoughts - we all have bad days - it's very tough and understandable. I am filled with rage and frustration but yet hopeful, I have lost most of my so called friends, I have relatives jeering and sniggering at my predicament behind my back because they get a buzz out of seeing someone reduced to the lowest point in their life, not a problem, tables always turn and things change. What puts a smile on my face is knowing that there are good people out there and this forum is testament. Thank you for restoring my faith in people again. I look to forward to congratulating you all very soon. It is going to happen and that's a fact. We have all faced our fear the HO and what's left to embrace, is our bright futures

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Congrats Tao and enjoy your three years of freedom!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Time503 wrote:
Tao wrote:I would like to thank the lord God today through his son Jesus Christ, my Biometric Residence Permit arrived today after 11 and half months of waiting.

I was renewing my descretionary leave to remain. I was given three more years. I wish you all Good luck for helping me in the most difficult time by your posts on this forum.
Congrats to you!!!!
Please do share how old your sisters are thanks
Godgives

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee Noooooooo!! Doooont saaay that!!!!!! Remember @cookie ?? First time app, overstayer, she got hers with 2 months!!!!
I know cookie did but remember cookie had 2 beautiful British kids with a British partner so her case was on a route of success compared to having no partner nor kids. Another horrible birthday and a Xmas to look forward to in isolation

@Hatchsead, I don't even bother to turn phone on anymore! If SDP could be waiting that long what hope do we on a 10month mark should do. I can't hold up anymore. *Tears*
oh babe!! I dont even know what to say.. Coz i feel depressed and lovely too :(( and Im all alone in this lovely village in the middle of nowhere ( And the weather is shit! And my birthday is in beginning of november *sigh*.
God help us!!!
Guys we knew the journey ahead was going to be tough but we didn't know how tough. I have so much admiration for all of you. You deserve medals the size of a frying pan perhaps bigger. We need to soldier on and hold on to our positive thoughts - we all have bad days - it's very tough and understandable. I am filled with rage and frustration but yet hopeful, I have lost most of my so called friends, I have relatives jeering and sniggering at my predicament behind my back because they get a buzz out of seeing someone reduced to the lowest point in their life, not a problem, tables always turn and things change. What puts a smile on my face is knowing that there are good people out there and this forum is testament. Thank you for restoring my faith in people again. I look to forward to congratulating you all very soon. It is going to happen and that's a fact. We have all faced our fear the HO and what's left to embrace, is our bright futures

Thank you Verbina. #TeamScorpio ☺. They say its not about the destination but the journey, that's where the growth is. Together we stand I suppose. So pls keep it together for the same of us waiting on a decision. Like how boyz II men sang it "we'll get there somehow, across that river to make it through to the other side"

Believe2013, thank you so much for the word of faith and wisdom. despite all the difficulty I suppose there always is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's not about looking forward to congratulate us but we hope and pray to rejoice and celebrate with you and the others in this process of appeal. The Lord in indeed our strength.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Clarification

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 pm

majojo wrote:
majojo wrote:Hi guys I want come clarification please what is the difference between 10 year partner/ parent route and. Private life/ family life. Thank you
So I post a question for clarification no one seems to be bothered so I will ask again
majojo wrote:Hi guys I want come clarification please what is the difference between 10 year partner/ parent route and. Private life/ family life. Thank you
I think 10 partner route is when u have been legal for 10yrs then u apply for ilr. Private life is usually for overstayers who have established a life here so u are normally granted 30months hope this clarifies Ur question
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

verbina wrote:
Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

God help us!!!
@verbina and Dapsonlee
Please guys it's well with u. Don't give UKBA the pleasure of stealing away your joy!!! Like believe said, chin up, head high and remain positive. Every passing day draws you closer to that much anticipated day!!!
It's round the corner, we will all rejoice with you guys!!!
@partygirl503 (aka time 503) thank you lovvie xx you re totally right!
@verbina please keep your head up and always remember God works everything out for the good of those who love him. Favour of God be upon you. You would be granted in Jesus name.

Congrats to those who received their visas
Last edited by GodGives on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godgives

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

verbina and dapsonlee hold on guys, nearly there, October is maximum of your wait but can be any time from now.

I have a question

i emailed one of the MP IN Cambridge where i live. he is Liberal Democrat. It was on one of this days when i was feeling down after the refusal.
It was more a heartfelt letter rather than asking him for help. I just explained the situation and how hopeless we felt.

yesterday his secretary emailed me asking as to attend an appointment to see him so we can discuss about the refusal.

guys what do you think? what can i ask him to do for as? is that routine thinks PMs do or can he really do something to help as? i've just confirmed the appointment.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

God help us!!!

Thank you Verbina. #TeamScorpio ☺. They say its not about the destination but the journey, that's where the growth is. Together we stand I suppose. So pls keep it together for the same of us waiting on a decision. Like how boyz II men sang it "we'll get there somehow, across that river to make it through to the other side"

Believe2013, thank you so much for the word of faith and wisdom. despite all the difficulty I suppose there always is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's not about looking forward to congratulate us but we hope and pray to rejoice and celebrate with you and the others in this process of appeal. The Lord in indeed our strength.
@dapsonlee exactly !! #teamscorpio (psycho-scorpio ) that is 8)

@believe you re an angel you totally say the right things!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 pm

summer2013 wrote:verbina and dapsonlee hold on guys, nearly there, October is maximum of your wait but can be any time from now.

I have a question

i emailed one of the MP IN Cambridge where i live. he is Liberal Democrat. It was on one of this days when i was feeling down after the refusal.
It was more a heartfelt letter rather than asking him for help. I just explained the situation and how hopeless we felt.

yesterday his secretary emailed me asking as to attend an appointment to see him so we can discuss about the refusal.

guys what do you think? what can i ask him to do for as? is that routine thinks PMs do or can he really do something to help as? i've just confirmed the appointment.
Tell your mp Ur situation from Ur heart and sure he will help
Godgives

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

just a small update on our application for flr o discretionary leave extension:
applied 16/8/13. first leave to remain expired on 19th august
received letter and documents back on the 31/8/13 saying invalid because they couldnt take fees
resubmitted flr o with a covering letter on the 2/9/13
received biometric letter today 11/9/13
will do biometrics today
keeping hopeful and trusting God for a quick and positive outcome

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

rachelA wrote:just a small update on our application for flr o discretionary leave extension:
received letter and documents back on the 31/8/13 saying invalid because they couldnt take fees
will do biometrics today
keeping hopeful and trusting God for a quick and positive outcome
rachelA, It appears to be pretty quick now for those extending in the last few weeks so fingers crossed, you will be given the extension in no time.

Remain blessed!

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Congrats Tao ..enjoy your extension.

Thank you all guys for encouraging words and lovely prayers specially from Yummymummy ...yes I do have my very bad days, completely depressed.. Life is at stand still since an year :cry: :cry: . no choice but to just wait for the decision and continue fighting & keep the spirits up...

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:09 pm

SDP wrote:Congrats Tao ..enjoy your extension.

Thank you all guys for encouraging words and lovely prayers specially from Yummymummy ...yes I do have my very bad days, completely depressed.. Life is at stand still since an year :cry: :cry: . no choice but to just wait for the decision and continue fighting & keep the spirits up...
When there are no tests, then there are no testimonies! Before gold is made beautiful and attractive, it usually passess through fire/ furnace first. Hold on because when it looks farthest is when it is actually closest
It is well with you!

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 pm

GodGives wrote:
majojo wrote:
So I post a question for clarification no one seems to be bothered so I will ask again
I think 10 partner route is when u have been legal for 10yrs then u apply for ilr. Private life is usually for overstayers who have established a life here so u are normally granted 30months hope this clarifies Ur question
Hanks fir your reply . I asked a solicitor today since I wasn't getting a reply and he told me that the private life is when you have been here for more than 10 years and the 19 year partner route is when you can not meet some if the flrm 5 year requirements and with that you will be granted 30 moths which you will have to stay here for 10years that is keep tenewing 2.5 years 4 tomes then after apply for idlr .

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm

hatchsead wrote:
SDP wrote:Congrats Tao ..enjoy your extension.

When there are no tests, then there are no testimonies! Before gold is made beautiful and attractive, it usually passess through fire/ furnace first. Hold on because when it looks farthest is when it is actually closest
It is well with you!
beautifully said hatchsead!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:32 pm

majojo wrote:
GodGives wrote:
majojo wrote:
Hanks fir your reply . I asked a solicitor today since I wasn't getting a reply and he told me that the private life is when you have been here for more than 10 years and the 19 year partner route is when you can not meet some if the flrm 5 year requirements and with that you will be granted 30 moths which you will have to stay here for 10years that is keep tenewing 2.5 years 4 tomes then after apply for idlr .
the partner/ partner route is 5years/ 10years
private/ family life route is 10years. hope this Will help. least l forget l hope you didn't pay the solicitor for just answer
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Tao- congratulation. wish you all the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm

[quote="poketoholo"]Good Afternoon dear friend!..First of all, Glory be to God! for the good news!. My lawyer has just informed me that my Biometric card has arrived, they are waiting for my passport and other doc to come, my FLR(O) has been granted!..after 13 months! Dapsonlee!, its time to pop that "Rose"..Yummymummy3j..Verbina..Believe2013..DP..Summer2013..and everyone on this forum..thank u for your advice..support, and words of wisdom. Congrats! to all that have been granted, and to everyone that's waiting, God will favour u!..and u shall all receive good news soon!..and to those that've been refused, there shall be a turn of event in your favour !

Persistence overcomes Resistance![/quote]
Congrats poketoholo. All the best!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote="EB1227"]Hey all just received my biometric card today i have been granted 3 years leave to remain just waiting on my passport and documents coming.only for the mp phoning on my behalf i would have still been waiting they issued my visa 1 day after she phoned.thanks to eveyone on this fourm for all the support and to those who are still waiting not to worry your visa will be coming soon[/quote]

Congrats mate! Enjoy!!

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm

do cautions have to be declared on the flr o form for extension of ltr or just convictions?

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
majojo wrote:
GodGives wrote:
majojo wrote:
the partner/ partner route is 5years/ 10years
private/ family life route is 10years. hope this Will help. least l forget l hope you didn't pay the solicitor for just answer
Lol nope I ddnt all he said was I made the right applications as I couldn't meet the 5 year route so I applied for the 10 year oartner route . I was just confused as alot if peopl confuse me here with the 10 yr partner and private that was why. But thank you so much . I even had a letter from my MP which H O said end if septenber I should get a decision so fingers crossed hoping for the best and positive answer . God bless you
Last edited by majojo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelA
Newly Registered

Post by rachelA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="rachelA"]just a small update on our application for flr o discretionary leave extension:
will do biometrics today
keeping hopeful and trusting God for a quick and positive outcome[/quote]

rachelA, It appears to be pretty quick now for those extending in the last few weeks so fingers crossed, you will be given the extension in no time.

Remain blessed![/quote]

thank u hatchead we are keeping our hopes up

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="verbina"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="Tao"]I would like to thank the lord God today through his son Jesus Christ, my Biometric Residence Permit arrived today after 11 and half months of waiting.

I was renewing my descretionary leave to remain. I was given three more years. I wish you all Good luck for helping me in the most difficult time by your posts on this forum.[/quote]

Another extension done. A huge congrats to you and do enjoy your freedom. ☺

I must add the way extensions are being granted, I guess all fresh applicants will be sorted by summer 2014.... 😞 What a year!!! Sigh![/quote]

@Tao congrats!!!

@dapsonlee Noooooooo!! Doooont saaay that!!!!!! Remember @cookie ?? First time app, overstayer, she got hers with 2 months!!!![/quote]

@Hatchsead, I don't even bother to turn phone on anymore! If SDP could be waiting that long what hope do we on a 10month mark should do. I can't hold up anymore. *Tears*[/quote]

God help us!!![/quote]

Hey Verbina!!! As everyone is saying!! Keep your chin up. Remember you encouraged us to stay positive so hang in their babe!! @dapsonlee, same to you. Hang in there!!

Anyway I have just put in a reconsideration letter( don't know if it will get any attention) and also a letter to Enforcement team telling them "I ain't going anywhere." I hope that'll provoke them to issue removal notice!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:10 pm

[quote="Believe2013"][quote="Khaldoon"]Congratulation Tao, another victory which rising our hops to get our extension granted soon inshallah[/quote]

Good morning Verbs, yummymummy, khaldoon, SDP, Summer2013, Shareen, Bobby04, Time503, Shondra, Dapsonlee, hatchsead, Tao, Nilemarques, poketoholo, chandhi, smatts07, 11ab rammie20, Godgives and those hiding behind the scenes too! (and if I have left anyone my profuse apologies )

Congrats Tao you have earned it - Poketoholo thanks indeed our time will come. Dapsonlee chin up buddy we are on the home straight. I know you are tired but almost there buddy, almost there.[/quote]

Hi Believe2013! Am just going through the post. Been drafting letters to he Hate Office!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 pm

rachelA wrote:do cautions have to be declared on the flr o form for extension of ltr or just convictions?
Depends on what type of a caution it is, if it's a conditional caution and it was in the last three months then yes you have to declare it but if it's a simple caution or final warning then you don't have to declare it as the rehabilitation period expires immediately after it's issued. Hope that helps.