ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(WP-Tier 1 General -) ILR approved Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keeptrying
Newly Registered

(WP-Tier 1 General -) ILR approved Croydon

Post by keeptrying » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

ILR was approved on 5th August at Croydon PEO.

Appointment time: 12.40pm
After case registration, biometrics and awaiting case consideration, result was available for collection at 4.30pm

I didn't see the case worker at all (Before I got the result, I was a bit nervous about this as I was unsure of the absence letter)
BRP expected to arrive with in 7 working days.

ILR application – based on WP and Tier-1 General 5 years Eligibility.

Standard documents (as per guidance in SET(O) form) were provided with photocopies:

set (o) form
passport(s) & BRP card
ID photographs – 2 each
bank statements for proof of earnings
12 payslips for proof of earnings
employer letters - Proof of employment (probably not needed), list of absence period and mention of annual salary
life in UK test
Covering letters -
Earnings (monthly pay for 12 months)
Absence letter (continuation of table from application)
Opening letter with dates of initial entry, WP details, Tier 1 application and extension details

The total days out of UK 136 days in 5 years

I am still not sure if absence letter is essential as some people with less than 180 days of absence do not seem to have submitted it. From what I read in the link below they seem to need it from 25th July but I may have missed something. It will be helpful if someone pointed out what made them believe it wasn't needed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I was away on a business trip for a week during previous employment and this wasn't mentioned in my absence letter. However, just on the day the HR kindly emailed me another letter saying I was on the trip. As I couldn't get this original letter in time I submitted a print out (along with the original letter that missed the business trip). It may be that there was no cause for concern and I didn't have to go through all the rush and trepidation. It's done now and will treat myself to a beer this week!

All the best.

I believe there is a significant number of "silent readers" in this community. It would be helpful if we all posted our learning and experiences here at least some times and not leave all the good work of sharing useful information to a few.

ilr-tracker

Re: (WP-Tier 1 General -) ILR approved Croydon

Post by ilr-tracker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Congrats,
Did you provide any of the following:
1) 5-yr employment history from HMRC
2) Salary Slips for the period when you were on WP
3) P-60 for the period when you were on WP

Regards
keeptrying wrote:ILR was approved on 5th August at Croydon PEO.

Appointment time: 12.40pm
After case registration, biometrics and awaiting case consideration, result was available for collection at 4.30pm

I didn't see the case worker at all (Before I got the result, I was a bit nervous about this as I was unsure of the absence letter)
BRP expected to arrive with in 7 working days.

ILR application – based on WP and Tier-1 General 5 years Eligibility.

Standard documents (as per guidance in SET(O) form) were provided with photocopies:

set (o) form
passport(s) & BRP card
ID photographs – 2 each
bank statements for proof of earnings
12 payslips for proof of earnings
employer letters - Proof of employment (probably not needed), list of absence period and mention of annual salary
life in UK test
Covering letters -
Earnings (monthly pay for 12 months)
Absence letter (continuation of table from application)
Opening letter with dates of initial entry, WP details, Tier 1 application and extension details

The total days out of UK 136 days in 5 years

I am still not sure if absence letter is essential as some people with less than 180 days of absence do not seem to have submitted it. From what I read in the link below they seem to need it from 25th July but I may have missed something. It will be helpful if someone pointed out what made them believe it wasn't needed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I was away on a business trip for a week during previous employment and this wasn't mentioned in my absence letter. However, just on the day the HR kindly emailed me another letter saying I was on the trip. As I couldn't get this original letter in time I submitted a print out (along with the original letter that missed the business trip). It may be that there was no cause for concern and I didn't have to go through all the rush and trepidation. It's done now and will treat myself to a beer this week!

All the best.

I believe there is a significant number of "silent readers" in this community. It would be helpful if we all posted our learning and experiences here at least some times and not leave all the good work of sharing useful information to a few.
Make this world a better place to live

keeptrying
Newly Registered

Post by keeptrying » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

I did not provide any document that is not mentioned in the list. That said, you would need the admin stuff like initial appointment payment receipt

SL_Aussie
Newly Registered

Post by SL_Aussie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi

Can you please let me know when you recieve yout BRP card.

I got the ILR approved the same day as you in the morning. Like you very similar experience. Took all toll 3 hours.

keeptrying
Newly Registered

Post by keeptrying » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 pm

DX already has it for delivery (I missed it today but have rebooked it)

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Its great to see you haven't provided the letter from the HMRC for your 5 year employment history as I am not sure I will get mine in time :)

Congrats on your ILR, I am hoping for the same ease of success!

krisVisa

ILR and employment history letter

Post by krisVisa » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 am

I do not have all 5 years P60, so sent mail to record retrieval team for employment history [requested a week back...not yet received ]

Can I still go ahead?

nitinaggarwalin
Newly Registered

Re: ILR and employment history letter

Post by nitinaggarwalin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:09 pm

krisVisa wrote:I do not have all 5 years P60, so sent mail to record retrieval team for employment history [requested a week back...not yet received ]

Can I still go ahead?
Hi Mate I am in a similar situation.

I have booked my appointment for next week friday.
I have 4 P60's but I am missing one.

I have SA 302 for the last 3 years and a few P60's but not for the entire period.

Were you asked for the missing p60 or any proof for that period.

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm

nitinaggarwalin and KrisVisa - I received my approval last week and I did not hand in an employment history letter or any P60's.
For myself (Tier 1 to ILR - set(o)) it is not a requirement, but I also noted a lot of people provided it.
I took some P60's with just in case (I did not have all 5 years) and I was not asked for them