ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse please advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amgody02

ILR Spouse please advice

Post by Amgody02 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:08 pm

hello , well i supposed to apply for the ILR after 1 week and i have booked already POE Solihull , i just have a problem that my wife doesn't have her passport as her ex-boyfriend took her to court and they have taken her passport from her , i have all the document which are :
1- my passport ( a copy of her passport / her birth certificate ) .
2- 2 years bills ( gas , electricity , water ).
3- tendency agreement ( showing that the council tax is including the rent ).
4- bank statement ( 2 years for me and 6 month for her ).
5- 3 litters from our friends and family confirming that they know us .
6- 2 years pay slips for me and 3 month pay slips for her .
7- Esol entry 2 certificate .
8- pictures for me and her throughout the 2 years .

is it ok to apply with this documents ?
is it better to apply by post or it's ok to go in my appointment and apply in person ?
I hope someone advice me what to do and thank you in advance
:wink: :cry: :cry:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Spouse please advice

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Amgody02 wrote:they have taken her passport from her
Who is "they"? The court or the boyfriend? If the boyfriend, has this been reported to the police.
See also Note 6 of the SET(M) form.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 pm

the court took it from her because he told them that we are planing to take his daughter to my country so they took it till they make a decision :cry:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:42 pm

You'll got a load of pointless documents there, like pictures and letters from friends.

Cohabitation proof should be what is expected.... for roughly each 4 month period over the last 2 years you will need one joint letter or a letter each from a total of 3 different sources.

For finance, the last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements for you both.

Is the copy of the passport you have, a certified copy?

You should be fine applying in person, if you want to do it by post then use the Settlement Checking Service, or if you are a worrier, use the Settlement Checking Service then apply in person.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 pm

it's not a certified copy but i have heard that i can get the solicitor which i made with him my spouse visa to certify it for me because he got a copy of her passport from back then , he doesn't want to give me advice cause he want me to do the application with him , he want to charge me 1600 pounds :? but i can get him to do it for a small fee i think .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:03 pm

You should be able to ask the court for a certified copy, I don't see why not if you explain the need. Alternatively the evidence as per Note 6 (link above) would suffice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:17 pm

thank you all very much for your advice and help , i will definitely come back and post everything here :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Amgody02 wrote:hello , I think i have done something stupid , as my appointment is on Monday in Birmingham and iam very worried , my wife is english and she have a daughter from her previous relationship ,her daughter is 5 years old now , my wife is working full time same as me but she is claiming child benefit only , the problem is that i don't have any letter proving that now and if i order it i don't think that it's will arrive before Monday , do you think guys if i apply without that letter will cause a problem to the application ? and if yes do you think if i don't write that she claiming child benefit is better ??
Casa wrote:She has the right to claim Child Benefit. I can't see that you have a problem.
Amgody02 wrote:yes i know but in ( section 11 documents ) there is a box i have to tick saying : official documentation confirming receipt of public funds ( including the amount paid )
i mean they are saying that i have to send that ??
Amgody02 wrote:i mean do i have to send any letter proving that she is claiming child benefit ??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Don't tick the public funds box in section 11 as you're not relying on that to maintain yourself, your using wages, so you just need 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:Don't tick the public funds box in section 11 as you're not relying on that to maintain yourself, your using wages, so you just need 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.
ohh thank you very much , i was so worried :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks for stepping in Amber. :wink:

Newly Registered

Post by 212 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi everybody.
I need advice please. I m near to apply for ilr 10 years long residence. My wife and daughter joined me in jan2010 as dependants and my son born here in uk.
I have few questions please.
1- do my dependants qualify for ilr straight away with me or not
2- if not do they need to wait for 2 years or 5
3- do I have to show my earnings or not
4- if yes , for 2 years or 1

I will appreciate the reply please.and hopefully it's gona help other forum users.