ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do yo have any Idea? quary on my OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Do yo have any Idea? quary on my OCI application

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi! to all boards members,

I went last Friday at Birmingham for my OCI and at the counter lady has ask me to make an affidavit for my second name an Initial in the British Passport and my surrender certificate + previous passport stated second name as a full name

but my British passport observation page printed with my second name in full still do I have to make an affidavit? or just write covering letter regarding Initial in my British Passport please let me know

Thank you
G6

chipan671
Newly Registered

Re: Do yo have any Idea? quary on my OCI application

Post by chipan671 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:09 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:Hi! to all boards members,

I went last Friday at Birmingham for my OCI and at the counter lady has ask me to make an affidavit for my second name an Initial in the British Passport and my surrender certificate + previous passport stated second name as a full name

but my British passport observation page printed with my second name in full still do I have to make an affidavit? or just write covering letter regarding Initial in my British Passport please let me know

Thank you
G6

I think you need to do affidavit however Its very easy process.

Use following link "Citizen Advise" and fill up the all details. Print and get a Commissioner of Oach to sign off. Please request them to past two small red lables (Pound coin size) (Not NOTARY).

I used it for my OCI application and it was accepted.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/rel ... f_name.htm

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

chipan671 wrote:

Thank you
G6

Use following link "Citizen Advise" and fill up the all details. Print and get a Commissioner of Oach to sign off. Please request them to past two small red lables (Pound coin size) (Not NOTARY).

Thank you chipan671 for the prompt response and sorry can I ask you about how much will expanses for that please let me know

Thanks again
Regards

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm

I think they charge about £10
gj6ab5657 wrote:
chipan671 wrote:

Thank you
G6

Thank you chipan671 for the prompt response and sorry can I ask you about how much will expanses for that please let me know

Thanks again
Regards

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:10 pm

gg234 wrote:I think they charge about £10
gj6ab5657 wrote:
chipan671 wrote:

Thank you
G6

Thanks again
Regards
Thanks alot gg234 - appreciate for your reply

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

My OCI submission experience at Birmingham

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi! to every one .....

Finally after 3 trial I could submit my OCI application at CGI-Birmingham, I only blame the window staff's lack of knowledge.

worst experience ever after long waiting and given wrong guidance from staff- do affidavit about name change even clearly stated in the observation page of British passport

1)first time I was queue up 8 o'Clock and started to give token around 8.45 and when my turn came 3.30 got wrong info. by member of staff about make affidavit/notary which wasn't required

2)second time went another week queue up around 9.30 my turn came around 4.10 but counter lady has asked me to make some photocopy's which was additional for my children application there is a facility to make photocopy in the premises but when I come back 4.20 Cashier has refused to take payment because time is finished and he has already cash up his till (although official opening time is 4.30) I have requested lot to accept my family application because I had travelled 90 miles far from B'gham

3)Very next day started from home 5 o'Clock morning and reached there sharp 7.50 AM and join to queue before me already approx 60 people was stood in the queue,my turn came around 12.30 and taken application and submitted in less than 5 minute

Information for who are going CGI b'gham for submit OCI application please go as early as possible so you can finish early.

Only two windows No-04 and 05 opens for OCI collection and it takes long time to serve all applicants its kind of just kidding and literally Joke.
I have complained regarding this problem at CGI Birmingham and London

the counter staff were really annoying and they kept on getting angry for no reason, they were even shouting at elderly people.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Re:Important documents required for OCI application

Post by gj6ab5657 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi! to every one .....

Following documents required If you go for OCI application
#Original only#
1)On-line application form with 1 photo 51x51 mm. size

#ALL PHOTOCOPY'S ONLY #
2)British passport copy
3)Naturalisation/Long resi./asylum certi.copy
4)Indian passport surrender certi.
5)Indian passports first & last page
6)If any changes in the name or surname need declaration from commissionaire of oath and they will charge £5 for copy +£2 for each additional copy please find that declaration here http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/rel ... f_name.htm
7)copy of If any observation in old or new passport

#spouse#
same as above spouse docs.
#children#
1)Children born in India
same as above children's+both parents No-2 to 7

Thanks to Immigration board to give us platform to put our views here
N.B-Above all information as my personal experience and don't take as legal guidance such cases additional documents may be required but above most universal.