ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years LR ILR and Parking Charge Notice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali1975

10 years LR ILR and Parking Charge Notice

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Dear all, I have to apply my ILR in December 2103 on 10 years long residence basis and I have clear immigration history.

Today I received Parking Charge Notice from a Private parking company (Not council or Police ) to pay £75.00 within 14 days or £150.00 in full. Actually last week I went to pick my wife from Norwood Train station and stayed in one private car park exactly 12 mins 28 sec while 10 mins are allowed. I was also in car with my daughter while in parking.

By law, private car parking dont have enforcement powers and if I dont pay , the only option they can get money through Small Claims in court.

I want to know;

1- Do I have to declare this in my application even I pay £75.00 within 14 days?

2-Does it have any effect on my application?

3-If I dont pay and company file a small claim in court and I lose, does it become conviction?

Seniors and Gurus, please shed some light on this issue, thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Not applicable. Though a county court judgement would need to be declared. If they're members of the British Parking Association you may be able to appeal/complain.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shalliwait4u
Newly Registered

Post by shalliwait4u » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 pm

no need Mr. Ali

manojk005

Re: 10 years LR ILR and Parking Charge Notice

Post by manojk005 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Ali1975 wrote:Dear all, I have to apply my ILR in December 2103 on 10 years long residence basis and I have clear immigration history.

Today I received Parking Charge Notice from a Private parking company (Not council or Police ) to pay £75.00 within 14 days or £150.00 in full. Actually last week I went to pick my wife from Norwood Train station and stayed in one private car park exactly 12 mins 28 sec while 10 mins are allowed. I was also in car with my daughter while in parking.

By law, private car parking dont have enforcement powers and if I dont pay , the only option they can get money through Small Claims in court.

I want to know;

1- Do I have to declare this in my application even I pay £75.00 within 14 days?

2-Does it have any effect on my application?

3-If I dont pay and company file a small claim in court and I lose, does it become conviction?

Seniors and Gurus, please shed some light on this issue, thanks
No effects on ILR and you do not have to declare as this is not from council, TFL or police. For peace of mind, look into SET(O) form and guidance. Regarding payment, just google search and you will know what you have to do.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 pm

you should pay the fine and do not wait for 14 days and there is no need to mention this on the application form.