ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap between new passport and expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

golu

Gap between new passport and expired passport

Post by golu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 am

Hi,

I am going to apply for BC next week, my old indian Passport expired in July and I got a new one in September. For me to apply via NCS, do I need to prove I was in UK during that time ? If so what documents can I use, I am a director of my own company so cant really do employer's letter.

Kindly advise,

Golu

VR

Are you saying you exited UK through other means?

Post by VR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 am

Golu,

Nothing needs to be done. It is normal for all kinds of anxieties to kick in during the final leg of the migration journey. You need to prove nothing. Just let NCS take copies of the new and expired passports.
Good luck
cheers
vr

golu

Post by golu » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:43 pm

thanks for your reply VR, but dont we need something to prove lawful residence for the period that is not covered by passport ?
In my case between july and sep.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 pm

golu wrote:thanks for your reply VR, but dont we need something to prove lawful residence for the period that is not covered by passport ?
In my case between july and sep.
yes you do if its more than 2 months between old and my NCS wont sent my app Ive had to bring in a cover letter explaining my ppt was with HO for certificate of approval (now abolished) and if there is a need to prove lawful residence if the gap is bigger than u got to bring in hmrc statements or employers confirming u were employed no usual bank statements and letters are expected as a last resort u can get ur doctor to confirm he had seen u during that time (last resort)

if the gap is less than 2 months dont worry

golu

Post by golu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:00 am

Many thanks for your reply njoy1987.

My gap between old and new is one month and 12 days.

golu

Post by golu » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 pm

bump

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

golu wrote:Many thanks for your reply njoy1987.

My gap between old and new is one month and 12 days.
this shouldnt be a problem caseworker will use discretion