ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Discretion - After 8 months ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abbey84
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Discretion - After 8 months ILR

Post by abbey84 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

I applied for my ILR on 17/09/12 and received it on 05/05/2013. It took over 7.5 months to process. I am planning to apply for naturalisation requesting discretion as below on 17/12/2013 which is 15 months after my ILR application date.

What are your views on my chances and has anyone requested the use of this discretion?

Regards,

Abbey

Naturalisation:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

A person can be granted a certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen under s.6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981 if the individual meets the residence requirements and certain other requirements. There is discretion to waive some of the residence requirements which is explained in Annex B.

Annex B to Chapter 18

7.5 7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12 months may normally be exercised if:

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted. This can include applications for asylum which have resulted in the grant of ILR (you should note that any asylum cases granted on or after the 30 August 2005 will not result in ILR, applicants will instead be given limited leave)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.