ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied for ilr 10 yrs long residence and attending college

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan0786
Newly Registered

applied for ilr 10 yrs long residence and attending college

Post by khan0786 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:22 pm

hi ,
I applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence last month, my query is regarding attending college, visa is valid till jan 2015, college asked me to pay 2K for the next semester,

my family been living here since 2007, two kids born here , one born abroad in 2005.
question is can i simply stop going to college or do i have to go to college and pay fee etc until the outcome of my ILR application.

Any advice/information in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 am

Do not stop attending institute who is your sponsor unless informing ukba and getting approval from them through your institute who is responsible for sponsor duties. Otherwise attend until you get ilr.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:39 am

sheraz7 wrote:Do not stop attending institute who is your sponsor unless informing ukba and getting approval from them through your institute who is responsible for sponsor duties. Otherwise attend until you get ilr.

Hi sheraz,
what if some one varied tier4 to set(lr) previous leave PSW . can I stop attending college sponsor license suspended 5-6 months now . I have sent change in circumstances form informing that I have now varied my set(lr) application . I have submitted bio metrics for set(lr) last Friday. I have paid full set(lr) fees

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 am

College attendance is not a condition for PSW.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: applied for ilr 10 yrs long residence and attending coll

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:40 pm

khan0786 wrote: I applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence last month, my query is regarding attending college, visa is valid till jan 2015.
Just out of curiosity; how did you manage to get yours last Tier 4 extension till 2015 when Maximum time limit is limited under cap.
N/A

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
khan0786 wrote: I applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence last month, my query is regarding attending college, visa is valid till jan 2015.
Just out of curiosity; how did you manage to get yours last Tier 4 extension till 2015 when Maximum time limit is limited under cap.
Phd

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:12 pm

adlakha84 wrote: I stop attending college sponsor license suspended 5-6 months now
That is some serious college offering Phd, no wonder why their license suspended.
N/A

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:25 pm

khan0786 wrote:
Phd
There is no private college even with HTS status which can officially run PHD course because of having no degree awarding power. And public/government colleges offers very few low level courses usually diploma/certificate level. You must refer to education authorities such as British council/UCAS/UKBA to ascertain that whether were you really on right track with the college where you are studying PHD??
REGARDS

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:49 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
khan0786 wrote:
Phd
There is no private college even with HTS status which can officially run PHD course because of having no degree awarding power. And public/government colleges offers very few low level courses usually diploma/certificate level. You must refer to education authorities such as British council/UCAS/UKBA to ascertain that whether were you really on right track with the college where you are studying PHD??
don't panic lads,,, chill

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Feel free to ignore the advise.
REGARDS

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Feel free to ignore the advise.
what advice maan,, your question was totally irrelevant to what i had asked, any way answer to my question is

If the Tier 4 migrant fails to start studying with their sponsor or they stop studying you must
curtail their leave under paragraph 323A(a)(ii) of the rules.
You cannot exercise discretion unless one of the following exceptions specified in paragraph
323A(b)(iv) of the rules applies:
 they are under the age of 18
 they have a dependent child under the age of 18
 you are going to curtail the migrant‟s leave so they will have leave remaining and they
have less than 60 days leave remaining on the day you are making the decision
 they were granted leave to enter or remain with another sponsor or under another
immigration category, or
 they have a pending application for leave to remain, or variation of leave, with the UK
Border Agency, or has a pending appeal under Section 82 of the Nationality,
Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm

I think other poster trying to explain you a basic ukba point which belongs to meet the criteria about academic progression, study limits,attendance, study progress and correct institutions for correct course etc.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:21 pm

which college are you with?who is offering PHD?what ever the case is you should not stop going to college if you are currently on T4 until you get the outcome of your ILR application as your previous leave is continuing till you get positive response from HO.

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 pm

maxwake wrote:which college are you with?who is offering PHD?what ever the case is you should not stop going to college if you are currently on T4 until you get the outcome of your ILR application as your previous leave is continuing till you get positive response from HO.
Thanks